old school

85 Dwarf Paladin
01/12/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Threesum
hitmanus first pally to enchant ham of reg with 30 sp. nuf said

lol what did i do? "ham of reg"? elaborate plz :D.
Reply Quote
82 Undead Warrior
Superat was a gold farmer, but man he had some smokin' deals on health pots back in the day. I know who you're talking about hitman, I can't think of the name either, but I'm positive it wasn't Superat.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Rogue
I thought a ret pally enchanted hammer of reg at level 60 with 30 sp?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Bvarlvald in Lakeshire Country Club is the GM rogue I believe you are thinking of. Was a very cool dude/dudette. Always took a minute to answer my rogue-ish pvp questions even when he/she was working on GM title.

edit: You should pop Shad's brother on your list. Lunchlady.
Edited by Tue on 1/14/2012 9:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
KO
you missed some old tanks too. soltan, rigel, BK, and freakinrican.

i remember when you wanted to tank ony hit, rigel pulled her off you with 1 shild slam. ahh, the good old days. Palys can't tank hitman. (in the 60 days). and man, your weapon collection.

i remember if a 2 hander dropped, hit was bidding on it, lol. you musta had 20 2 handers.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
01/13/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Threesum
I thought a ret pally enchanted hammer of reg at level 60 with 30 sp?

I never got hand of rag, I have a thunderfury though. I would imagine someone probably did enchant 30 Sp on a hand of rag though... some of the people I remember getting them during preBC were like that haha.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Bvarlvald in Lakeshire Country Club is the GM rogue I believe you are thinking of. Was a very cool dude/dudette. Always took a minute to answer my rogue-ish pvp questions even when he/she was working on GM title.

edit: You should pop Shad's brother on your list. Lunchlady.

Yeah both Lunch and Bvarlvald were old school for sure.

Okay here's another who was the GM of Authority during preBC?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
im not on the list but im an originality from Khaz and im still here :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
AmaterasuXX oh man that guy who followed superat
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Hi Hitmanus.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

01/16/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Hitmanus

Hello Hitman! You actually probably do not remember who I am but I did raid on this server during the very early days of this servers existence, mostly with Authority. The only real interaction I had with you personally was during a pug MC run. You were pretty drunk from what I can remember and it was 3am my time so I ended up logging early. I also tagged along and pvp'd with you when you would join Crowster's group.

Now to answer your question, when I first joined Authority, Clearstrider was the GM. He was awesome. Great voice to listen to and wasn't afraid to yell at people. He seemed to be able to do it all. Lead, manage, and tell 40 people what to do. Though I do remember Danno and Seppyk helping as well...also Crowster when he was the offtank in the early days.

It was always funny though - near the start of pulling Onyxia, Wronglyzorro would pull aggro on Onyxia and have her breathe on half the raid and Clearstrider would yell, "Dude, Holyguardian why do I even had to tell you to give zorro salv..."

Then something happened, I can't really remember what happened but Clearstrider vanished and Seppyk or Crowster or Danno took over. At this time it was near BC, and I was ready to jump servers which I eventually did.

Random thoughts about Authority and Khaz Modan in general:

1.) Jealous of Sunder, when I pvp'd with Crowster's group we'd sometimes see there peeps chilling in the BG room. I would just sit back in awe of Nate or Nathaniel, (sorry fuzzy on names). Always wanted his sweet T2/T3 armor.

2.) Near the end of Vanilla, on one of our last BWL runs and Danno says to the raid, "When 25 mans come out in the Burning Crusade, a lot of you are gonna be cut." Sad =(

3.) Everybody loved this rogue named Taiggo. I mean he did good dps but...nice guy and all but dont know what was so phenomenal about him.

4.) We (Authority) giving Melchior the first binding of the wind seeker. He quits the game the next day lol. Clearstrider was not happy.

5.) Stealth LBRS runs with Lightningelf and Hanaris.

6.) Everyone in Authority loved this priest named Kahja cuz she was a female.

7.) This annoying priest named Mutrag. I actually felt bad for him because all wipes were pinned on him, and people would call him $**trag.

8.) I thought Krayzeez, Greenschist, but particularly Lunchlady were OK, but they seem to be legends on this server now. Confused.

9.) One of the early runs we did ZG and the raptor mount dropped. Seppyk got it and I was so pissed...at the time it was insane for an alliance toon to have a horde mount.

10.) I was in DarkSin very briefly. Only remember at the time the guild leader was a female warrior. She was surprisingly pretty good at leading and tanking, but I remember there was a bunch of Australian druids in there at the time so I left.

11.) The sunder guild guys Fennin Kennin (maybe? they had similar names), I always scratched my head wondering, "are they brothers co-leading the guild...or whats the deal with that?"

12.) This gnome mage named Manifestial whispering me after raids, "Pvp? Need druids for flag running and stuff."

13.) A warrior named Tuffactin who was angry the ZG shield went to Crowster instead of him. Then Seppyk having to calm him down and saying he was glad Tuff donates a lot of herbs to the guild bank. (Which at the time meant mailing them to Seppyk's level 1 alt character.)

Sorry for the rambling, and that's all. G'night.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
02/15/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Shatteredsky

Hello Hitman! You actually probably do not remember who I am but I did raid on this server during the very early days of this servers existence, mostly with Authority. The only real interaction I had with you personally was during a pug MC run. You were pretty drunk from what I can remember and it was 3am my time so I ended up logging early. I also tagged along and pvp'd with you when you would join Crowster's group.

Now to answer your question, when I first joined Authority, Clearstrider was the GM. He was awesome. Great voice to listen to and wasn't afraid to yell at people. He seemed to be able to do it all. Lead, manage, and tell 40 people what to do. Though I do remember Danno and Seppyk helping as well...also Crowster when he was the offtank in the early days.

It was always funny though - near the start of pulling Onyxia, Wronglyzorro would pull aggro on Onyxia and have her breathe on half the raid and Clearstrider would yell, "Dude, Holyguardian why do I even had to tell you to give zorro salv..."

Then something happened, I can't really remember what happened but Clearstrider vanished and Seppyk or Crowster or Danno took over. At this time it was near BC, and I was ready to jump servers which I eventually did.

Random thoughts about Authority and Khaz Modan in general:

1.) Jealous of Sunder, when I pvp'd with Crowster's group we'd sometimes see there peeps chilling in the BG room. I would just sit back in awe of Nate or Nathaniel, (sorry fuzzy on names). Always wanted his sweet T2/T3 armor.

2.) Near the end of Vanilla, on one of our last BWL runs and Danno says to the raid, "When 25 mans come out in the Burning Crusade, a lot of you are gonna be cut." Sad =(

3.) Everybody loved this rogue named Taiggo. I mean he did good dps but...nice guy and all but dont know what was so phenomenal about him.

4.) We (Authority) giving Melchior the first binding of the wind seeker. He quits the game the next day lol. Clearstrider was not happy.

5.) Stealth LBRS runs with Lightningelf and Hanaris.

6.) Everyone in Authority loved this priest named Kahja cuz she was a female.

7.) This annoying priest named Mutrag. I actually felt bad for him because all wipes were pinned on him, and people would call him $**trag.

8.) I thought Krayzeez, Greenschist, but particularly Lunchlady were OK, but they seem to be legends on this server now. Confused.

9.) One of the early runs we did ZG and the raptor mount dropped. Seppyk got it and I was so pissed...at the time it was insane for an alliance toon to have a horde mount.

10.) I was in DarkSin very briefly. Only remember at the time the guild leader was a female warrior. She was surprisingly pretty good at leading and tanking, but I remember there was a bunch of Australian druids in there at the time so I left.

11.) The sunder guild guys Fennin Kennin (maybe? they had similar names), I always scratched my head wondering, "are they brothers co-leading the guild...or whats the deal with that?"

12.) This gnome mage named Manifestial whispering me after raids, "Pvp? Need druids for flag running and stuff."

13.) A warrior named Tuffactin who was angry the ZG shield went to Crowster instead of him. Then Seppyk having to calm him down and saying he was glad Tuff donates a lot of herbs to the guild bank. (Which at the time meant mailing them to Seppyk's level 1 alt character.)

Sorry for the rambling, and that's all. G'night.

All these people should be on the list I remember pretty much all of them for one reason or another. I'll toss'em on.

I know it's kinda weird for me to make a list like this and some people question the importance. I'd just like to point out that no matter how you view this game, there are those of us who really did enjoy the history of this server. Sure we weren't the best pve server or had the top notch arena players, but what we do have are memories, be it good or bad. So I made this list to see who is still around from when this game was actually fun, back when we were learning it together and not everyone was super amazing or thought they were. Really is good to see some old faces and names pop up.

With this said I won't be playing WoW for a good bit. School is getting pretty heavy. I'm sure I'll come back someday but perhaps not.

Probably though at some point. All you old schoolers who still play, know how it is.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Hankthetank that guy was always trying funny stuff. Also see some other people like Checkurself in this video www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QXEQHNLLMI
Reply Quote
1 Undead Mage
Oh bump, !@#$%^- bump where is everyone now?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Reavar come play with us on Frostmourne you stupid !@#$.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I do miss Khaz before the server splits. Was a lowly rogue back then. I do also wonder if anyone of them are still around...

< convict
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Hey Hitmanus!

Guess who...

The one and only OUPA, huntard and ex GM of Crusader Knights

Nice to see ya, hope you do come and play on Khaz
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Assero was the name of my lowly rogue (deleted).

I took n00b to a whole new level back then. Level 30 something still running around in the Defias set because I thought the set bonuses made it better than higher level pieces. I didn't have any professions until around the same time. Vendored all the boe greens and blues instead of using the AH.... I turned down so many people who were LFG for any instance above Deadmines because the quest name for the dungeon didn't match the instance name (sorry).

But so many good memories on this server...

Running up to some human dancing in front of Goldshire Inn and asking him how to dance. He told me "/dance" and then there were two of us dancing. More and more people started joining us until we had at least 40 people dancing in Goldshire while some people spammed AOEs. I had disco music playing as I watched my character dance for over an hour.

I still remember Lochier (human mage), his night elf buddy Nachtsuchen or something, from my very first time in an instance. I can't exactly remember the name of the other party member I made friends with that day, I think his name was Vanne....

One time I saw a guy (level 16) run into the rear exit of Deadmines, so I followed him wondering if he knew he that he wouldn't be able to get on the ledge. When he got to it he asked what was up there and if I knew how to get there. I told him it was a dungeon that needed 5 people to complete and I could show him the way to the entrance. We ran to the entrance and then I told him he would need a party to accomplish anything. He thanked me but told me he wanted to see how far he could get on his own. I just wished him luck, it still makes me smile.

I watched an Orc kill the low level guard at the Three Corners of Redridge, Elwynn, and Duskwood while stealthed. I then attacked him while he was at low level health and ran away. To this day I swear there was a look of confusion on his toon's face.

There was that time I got PWN'D so hard by an Orc warrior in WSG right outside the Alliance base and he laughed at me. If I was in his position I would have laughed too, I don't remember exactly what went down but I remember shaking my head and being embarrassed for being so bad.

Following a group of high level horde in the cave of Arathi Basin while stealthed, while thinking they couldn't see me until they /smile and /wave at me.

And Derren, the human paladin, my best friend on the server. Met him while questing in Arathi. We used to buy tons of alcohol from the taverns and literally run around Stormwind while drunk and yelling praises to Bolvar as the true king of Stormwind.

When some gnome was chewing me out for still wearing the Defias set, Derren kicked his !@# in a duel for me outside of Stormwind after the gnome handed my $%^ to me. People started giving me tips on the aforementioned stuff I had been doing wrong. Even the gnome warmed up and started being nice to me. To this day I find it funny that a cute little gnome could be so vicious.

There was that one time Derren and I wanted to gain exp faster so we ran through Deadwind pass to Swamp of Sorrows to try to kill mobs that were 5 levels above us. That didn't work out so well, ha ha.

Derren even gave me 30 gold for my mount because my n00b -*! would never have gotten one without his help. I'll never forget how awesome Derren was, befriending the biggest n00b on the server just to have fun. That's always left a lasting impression on me for MMOS, it's not so much about gear, end game, PWNing in PVP, etc. It's about having fun with people you get along with.

I used to love trolling LFG when it was global. I still remember some human female being my archenemy who actually said he/she was intent on making my toon a 3rd rate alt. One day she ran into me in Badlands and just laughed at me.

And STV.... This has to be my favorite memory... I remember helping a male dwarf and female human fight off a couple of Horde. They got some higher level player to help them. We ask for help in trade and get 2 higher level paladins. Before I knew what was going on this little skirmish turned into 20 vs 20 with level 60s joining the fray as we fought right outside of Nesingwary's camp.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't been such a n00b or that I had played on a different server with some friends of mine. But I'll never forget how much fun I had on Khaz Modan, and how magical and awesome Azeroth was since it was my first venture into an MMO.
Reply Quote
88 Human Mage
I started on Khaz Modan and quit back in '08 deleting everything. I came back about two months ago starting on Kel'Thuzad.

I remember so many of you but I doubt the lot of you remember me.
I was a Gnome Mage called Eradical. I started with Descendants of Damnation while leveling then moved to Octane before it got disbanded.
The name I have now is actually the name of my best friend that I ran with back then. He was a Human Warlock and I took his name when I came back.

Names that I remember off the top of my head are...
Eradical
Draznikof
Sariannas
Ariannas
Swiftpaws
Lunchlady
Devildwarf
Lightstar
Minnetonka
Hitmanus
Annointenate? Something like that I can't remember. Priest from Authority or something.
Crowster
That Night Elf rogue that y'all mentioned that ripped people off.

There's others of course but those come back to me the most.

If anyone remembers me at all that would be a holy O_O sh!t moment
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]