Echelon Ending WoW Raiding

(Locked)

85 Orc Death Knight
Not a whole lot to say here, just that we're no longer raiding as a guild in WoW. You'll probably see members with active accounts around, but our main raid group interest has shifted to SWTOR. Good luck to everyone who continues to play and raid on E'T.
85 Undead Priest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs3jVKImaks
85 Worgen Warrior
Well that's interesting, what caused this decision?
90 Human Priest
Surprising, but not shocking. SWTOR will surely have some WoW casualties. Truly the best damn guild on this server. Good luck guys!
Edited by Tynomi on 12/10/2011 7:54 AM PST
86 Troll Hunter
12/10/2011 01:03 AMPosted by Enryu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs3jVKImaks

Thank you. Sorry to see you all go Echelon :( But wish you luck wherever you go next!
90 Gnome Rogue
Faction transferring my priest to setup an Eternal Lightwell and Flame Buddy in Orgrimmar :(
85 Undead Priest
the secret to our success was singing this together on vent before every raid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sD3w5VBny4

And overall people just got bored / not having as much fun, and some people in the guild have been following SWTOR since it was announced basically keeping us updated with possibility of it. Just decided it sounded like fun, still playing with pretty much the exact same people and trying something new. And lightwell and flame buddy do deserve the buddy cop movie exit they earned.
Edited by Enryu on 12/10/2011 12:05 PM PST
52 Draenei Shaman
et ranking will go down the drain.... echelon was the only reason ET had a decent rating. It will go to the bottom now....
90 Night Elf Hunter
Best of luck to you all! Sorry to see such a talented group head off elsewhere, but it's understandable.

Best wishes.
I'm kinda surprised you're making this decision considering all the feedback I'd read about SWTOR says the endgame offers little in the way of innovation or fun. But to each their own I guess.

Maybe I'll see you guys around there, gonna be playing it for awhile as well to see all the class stories. :P Best of luck!
90 Blood Elf Priest
Wow, sorry to see you all go :( good luck! you'll definitely see me and the Arcinator there once it's out.
90 Human Warrior
There are few respected guilds on the server, you guys we're one of them.

/salute
90 Tauren Hunter
I have a feeling it won't last, but I love you guys none the less.

Sumguy, the hour long showers will be missed.
Anth, you are the light that burns in my heart.
Jade, you might be quiet but when you do speak it says volumes.
Enryu, you always had the best lightwells.
Maku, always willing to help me out when you could.
Gem, <3
Brick, I never got around to it so /hug
Dreine, another quiet one.
Millek, /highfive
Kwan, ok next...
Villain, I can't really put into words what I would like to say so "Thank you" will have to do.

Honestly I'll miss you all and hope to see you around at some point or another.

(If I missed anyone that is leaving I'm sorry)

85 Orc Death Knight
12/10/2011 05:44 AMPosted by Fockewolfe
Well that's interesting, what caused this decision?

There's been a few posts since you asked this, but I think if you were to ask everyone in our raid group they'd have opinions ranging from ambivalent to strong about WoW currently, and would probably have their own reasons for wanting to just not continue to raid Dragon Soul (and consequently play SWTOR at some level instead with the free time people get at night from not playing WoW).

For me personally, I've been disappointed by Blizzard's choices for the past year or so. They canceled raid content in Cataclysm while delivering the least amount for any expansion (which, depending on pacing and quality of content isn't even necessarily a bad thing). Some of the Dragon Soul encounters are some of the functionally least fun encounters in WoW (Gunship and Spine say hi). The enviroments for the raid (and two of the three heroic 5-mans, for that matter) are recycled, which is almost unprecedented for raid content. Six of the eight boss models were recycled without even modest attempts to make them look unique. Even after all these tiers of content Blizzard still barely attempts to fix ranged preference issues (which we have a lot of melee, which is maybe our bad but class balance is a meaningful concern to me, and also Zon'ozz heroic, running out to Yor slimes, melee being extremely bad to soak Morchok crystals, Gunship bomb soaking and attacking Goriona in the last phase, all say hi). I was also recently blown away by their customer service policies in a very negative way.

There's certainly far, far more but this post wasn't originally an OMGFUBLIZZ post, and like I said if you asked other members they'd all have their own opinions. At the end of the day, when we asked all our members what their preference was, the group decided rather than show up for 12-20 hours a week doing Dragon Soul, they'd rather take those hours and play SWTOR instead. So that's what we're gonna do.
Edited by Villain on 12/10/2011 5:11 PM PST
85 Orc Death Knight
I'm kinda surprised you're making this decision considering all the feedback I'd read about SWTOR says the endgame offers little in the way of innovation or fun. But to each their own I guess.

Maybe I'll see you guys around there, gonna be playing it for awhile as well to see all the class stories. :P Best of luck!

This might just be for me personally, but I actually play(ed?) WoW almost exclusively for its raid content. So if you were to tell me SWTOR's raiding was fairly similar but with new skills to learn and class skills to internalize and new environments and whatnot, that's more of a selling point to me than WILDLY DIFFERENT AND INNOVATIVE. But, we all knew that large parts of SWTOR were still a big question mark and we made our decision anyway, which was more of a vote against continuing in Dragon Soul as a raid guild rather than a vote for SWTOR.
Edited by Villain on 12/10/2011 5:11 PM PST
85 Orc Rogue

Sumguy, the hour long showers will be missed.

<3
Bai
1 Night Elf Warrior
Honestly, about time. I don't understand how you guys played this for soooo long, and not get burned out way before. Maybe it was just me, though.

Good luck in SWTOR, even though I'm sure you will do great things there, as you have here.

-Ebaycite

PS: kupe is gay
82 Tauren Druid
Moo!

I will not echo what the gentleman above just said, I always enjoyed WoW, especially our pro 10 man raids, they were always super fun, so it's no wonder you guys lasted this long. If you guys are moving, must mean Bliz really dropped the ball. But hey, nothing lasts forever. I might play swtor, it will all depend on Bob's skill in convincing me! mwahaha
1 Night Elf Warrior
12/10/2011 06:30 PMPosted by Kupies
I might play swtor, it will all depend on Bob's skill in convincing me! mwahaha

Builds new computer to play Skyrim

Plays 10 mins.

UR NOT PLAYING ANYTHING, U HAVE A LIFE NOW.
82 Tauren Druid
http://tinyurl.com/687xf7w
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]