Echelon Ending WoW Raiding

(Locked)

85 Troll Mage
This makes me a sad panda :(

I don't know most of the recent Echelon members, but as one of the founding members it's been a pleasure seeing the name pop up on the progress sites.

So much has changed since the AQ/Naxx days, and I guess nothing lasts forever.

Props to Kizu for keeping it rolling for this long.
85 Worgen Warrior
As cheat said, from my understanding SWTOR offers little end-game content. Perhaps this will change, but I'm going to guess you guys are going to take a break for a few months and then just reappear for MoP.

In either case, give me your DK, still better than what I'm rolling.
90 Human Priest
As cheat said, from my understanding SWTOR offers little end-game content. Perhaps this will change, but I'm going to guess you guys are going to take a break for a few months and then just reappear for MoP.

The game isn't even out yet. I'm sure vanilla WoW was full of super duper awesome things to do end game? (Not that I know, I was playing DAoC when WoW was released). From what I hear, the pvp is a lot of fun. This game is 7 years old, people. It's a dinosaur :p
85 Worgen Warrior
Moo.
85 Worgen Warrior

The game isn't even out yet. I'm sure vanilla WoW was full of super duper awesome things to do end game? (Not that I know, I was playing DAoC when WoW was released). From what I hear, the pvp is a lot of fun. This game is 7 years old, people. It's a dinosaur :p

People still play everquest.

I still play Baldur's Gate and Homeworld.
Edited by Jep on 12/11/2011 10:15 AM PST
85 Worgen Rogue
Well, there's more endgame content in SWTOR then what's left in WoW right now, since everyone has pretty much killed Deathwing in one form or another. SWTOR definitely has way more content than Vanilla WoW did to say the least, and there's the whole leveling, exploring, crew skills, epic story, etc. Bioware has already said that they have a lot of post-launch content ready to go.

The point is, as boring as WoW is now, and as uncompelling as Kung-fu Panda looks to be, it's completely understandable that people are looking to switch to SWTOR.
90 Human Warrior
If they had a game more or less like WoW but it looked more like Skyrim (see realisticish), I would swap to it in a heart beat. My biggest complaint about wow is that it looks too ridiculous cartoon style.
It'd be unlikely to see Bioware drop a lot of "new" raid content shortly after launch. There is such thing as having too much to do, especially given how much work went in to all 8 class stories. I'll probably spend 6 months just leveling each class once to see the stories.

I suppose even if endgame isn't compelling, it's still new with a better graphics engine and a completely different technology timeline. That's the Star Wars appeal, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't interest me at all. I understand their decision perfectly.

EDIT: Hate you Jep. Haven't been able to get Homeworld 2 to work on XP or 7 at all. QQ
Edited by Thecheat on 12/11/2011 12:28 PM PST
90 Tauren Hunter

The point is, as boring as WoW is now, and as uncompelling as Kung-fu Panda looks to be, it's completely understandable that people are looking to switch to SWTOR.

Oh look you have an opinion. WoW is only as boring as the player makes it, SWtoR is just another shiny new penny and the main reason alot more people seem to take a liking to it is because the story is more widely known than WoWs.

Don't take the above in the wrong way, I fully support anyone who wishes to try something new but saying "this is boring or the new expac looks stupid" just makes you look silly.
Edited by Moonunit on 12/11/2011 12:37 PM PST
85 Worgen Rogue
I'm pretty sure you have the server's monopoly on boring and silly.
85 Worgen Warrior
12/11/2011 12:28 PMPosted by Thecheat
EDIT: Hate you Jep. Haven't been able to get Homeworld 2 to work on XP or 7 at all. QQ

That's a very vague thing to say, but assuming you're using a store-bought copy, pirate it (which should be legal since you already own the physical copy, so 'in-before report') and then see if it works that way.

12/11/2011 12:31 PMPosted by Moonunit
Don't take the above in the wrong way, I fully support anyone who wishes to try something new but saying "this is boring or the new expac looks stupid" just makes you look silly.

You have a really weird fetish for messing with bodasafa in particular.
90 Human Warrior
12/11/2011 02:20 PMPosted by Jep
You have a really weird fetish for messing with bodasafa in particular.

I'm becoming convinced that not only does no one know what your talking about, but you yourself have no idea either.

Its sad.
90 Tauren Druid
Good riddance, Kizu. May you burn in Sith Hell.
90 Tauren Hunter
12/11/2011 12:41 PMPosted by Redviper
I'm pretty sure you have the server's monopoly on boring and silly.

For someone that knows alot about me, you don't seem to know alot about me.
90 Tauren Warrior
Is that the same Slanderize from Bastion way back in the day?
20 Troll Mage
12/10/2011 12:35 PMPosted by Káthià
et ranking will go down the drain.... echelon was the only reason ET had a decent rating. It will go to the bottom now....

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/eldre-thalas

On a different note, we saw this happen with "Rift" and look what the end result was...

but who knows ill prolly switch to SWTOR if it proves to be a soild game after a month or two, im not willing to make the switch until i can be certain that it will provide all that WoW has and more, and by that i mean entertainment value.
Edited by Bawlss on 12/11/2011 4:10 PM PST
86 Troll Hunter
Its true, Rift already killed WoW. SWTOR is too late.
20 Troll Mage
12/11/2011 04:25 PMPosted by Nerdwing
Its true, Rift already killed WoW. SWTOR is too late.

<.< not sure if srs
90 Human Hunter
I disagree with the presupposition that new games don't need end game content, assuming it will be added later. This isn't 2004 and the standard has changed. New games are expected to provide a full game experience; otherwise we're not getting our money's worth as gamers. If Bioware, or any other dev, puts out yet another new MMORPG , expecting their customers to have the "pay it forward" mentality, it will sparkle and fade just like the other failed MMORPGs collecting dust on the shelf.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]