Pug Raid Creation *Dissapointed*

85 Worgen Rogue
If you are going to announce that you are creating a Pug Raid, at least have the common courtesy to tell those who are waiting that they will not be invited to the raid. I sat for over 30 minutes before I came to the conclusion that I was not being invited at all. Yes I admit I might not have had all of my enchants on my gear, but If I were to start a raid like this, I would have at least asked the person why should I invite you to this Pug Raid.

So the next time you create a Pug Raid, and state that you are going to inspect, at least have the common courtesy to say something, or at least state in your announcement that if you wait more than 5 minutes without any reply or answer, then you haven't been invited.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Little confused here, why would you wait 30 minutes? if he inspected you and you didnt get an invite in the next minute or so tops, I would assume you didnt meet the gear check. Do you have any idea how many people whisper to try and get in pug raids like that? You want the raid leader to keep track of not only the good ones, but all the people who dont make the cut as well?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Not to mention u are over hit cap and under expertise cap.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Roadhouse.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Its funny to agree with both sides of this one, but I do, to a point.

Do you have any idea how many people whisper to try and get in pug raids like that? You want the raid leader to keep track of not only the good ones, but all the people who dont make the cut as well?

This would be very time consuming and not practical to expect of a raid leader, especially on a PUG.

Any of us who have put together late night PUGs also know that sometimes man power can be a problem. There are those that are obvious nos, and they should be told immediately that they have failed the gear check either by the person running the raid or an assistant, and not just left to figure it out themselves, that's kind of rude, busy or not. But there are those that are at that iffy point, right on the cusp of the pass/fail line and you do like to have those folks in your back pocket. If I don't find anyone else in the next ... 10 minutes will take him and go. That does happen from time to time, and if you are keeping someone in reserve like that, again the raid leader should ask that person to whisper back in 10 minutes, or 15 or whatever the case is, and in that way put the burden back on the PUG, and not on yourself.

I understand that some of you are going to look at this and go, to time consuming or are you stupid, but to me its a courtesy thing. It never hurts to be polite....... well most times it doesn't.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]