Actual WoW sub numbers

88 Human Death Knight
12/12/2011 06:16 AMPosted by Choonster
Have you tried doing normal mode past Morchock on your Blood/Frost DK or Affliction/Destruction Warlock? Maybe you'll enjoy it more than LFR.

yes, I have downed Deathwing 3 times this week on my Warlock, Shaman and this.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
12/12/2011 06:16 AMPosted by Choonster
Have you tried doing normal mode past Morchock on your Blood/Frost DK or Affliction/Destruction Warlock? Maybe you'll enjoy it more than LFR.

That would require correct gemming and enchanting and stuff, only elitists bother with that stuff!

Though seriously, 69 SP to staff? ಠ_ಠ
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Ya I laugh when Chuck Norris allows 10 million players to play... what 10 million players?

There might of been 10 million players a month ago.. but now... I think Wall Street will be shocked to see the 4th quarter decline in subs.

There is no way in hell they have 10 million subs, I wouldn't have to sit in queue for 30 minutes if that was the case.

The amount of active players has no bearing on the ratio of tanks/dps/healers.

At 1 million players you'd still wait 30 minutes in a dungeon queue because only a percentage of those are tanks and healers. At 10 million this ratio is relatively the same.

Not sure why you'd think otherwise.

BUT; a lot of WoW players are in China. They are not changing your game in the US regardless. And that's the area where they reported losses from recently.
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight

Yes, but my asumption is based on facts from guild, trade and friend chat. Considering WoW hold the majority of the market it's safe to say majority will be from WoW.

The italics are mine, but seriously, you're gleaning information from TRADE chat?

What other sources can you provide, when trade is filled with it, forums are filled with it your friends are jumping boat and whole guilds are leaving. Now how many sources do you need to tell you that sumtinwung? To put the icing on the cake look at WoWhead and see all the inactive members.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
12/12/2011 06:18 AMPosted by Xume

But your armory says that your Lock/DK have done 8/8 in LFR with your DK also having killed Morchock in normal. Your Shaman only seems to have done 4/8 in LFR.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
Ya I laugh when Chuck Norris allows 10 million players to play... what 10 million players?

There might of been 10 million players a month ago.. but now... I think Wall Street will be shocked to see the 4th quarter decline in subs.

There is no way in hell they have 10 million subs, I wouldn't have to sit in queue for 30 minutes if that was the case.

You are using information that is over two years old and quoting it as relevant numbers for today. Also those subs include all play regions like China and Europe just to name a couple. If you really think that the information is really still relevant then good for you.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
12/12/2011 06:07 AMPosted by Kryptstalker
So with swtor having estimated 3-million sub base first year can we assume that wow will be down to 2.5 mill players?

Implying that SWTOR will be better than WoW, to the point that WoW would permanently lose those 2.5M players.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
wow EA decided to pay quite a few folks to troll blizzard
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
12/12/2011 06:18 AMPosted by Xume

LFR is hardly real raiding. It's an over-glorified zerg.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
The stupid, it burns!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2011 06:21 AMPosted by Choonster

But your armory says that your Lock/DK have done 8/8 in LFR with your DK also having killed Morchock in normal. Your Shaman only seems to have done 4/8 in LFR.

And the fact that he said he downed DW three times this week, which means it wasn't normal mode.

how long you are in queue is entirely based on the role ratios. that, all not all 10 million subscribers are in the same region, those 10 million are split between America, China, and Europe.

And don't forget the alliance/horde split to top it off.
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
12/12/2011 06:21 AMPosted by Choonster

yes so now I should grind normal mode then go into heroics for the simple pleasure of doing but harder mode, the point is I seen the end game content already so the luster or the drive "to see it" is lost thanks to the lfr.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock

yes so now I should grind normal mode then go into heroics for the simple pleasure of doing but harder mode, the point is I seen the end game content already so the luster or the drive "to see it" is lost thanks to the lfr.

I've never understood this line of thinking.

"I've completed the last boss on super-easy-zerg-mode now I've finished WoW"

Aim a little higher? Normal/Heroic mode fights are significantly different compared to LFR.
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
No I didn't pre order swtor, from my past experience with pre orders I will not do so. This thread is more about the easy access to end game content and gear which killed the game and my speculation of the inflated sub numbers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

>Overestimates SWOTOR's subs

Nope. With 1 million box pre-orders from stores they have at least 3 mil when you add in digital pre-orders, which will be the majority easily.

All of your other points stand. :)
Edited by Grandfromage on 12/12/2011 6:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
12/12/2011 06:28 AMPosted by Kryte
wow EA decided to pay quite a few folks to troll blizzard

nah we are not getting paid... just waiting to play.

2-3 days and all of the pre-orders will have their early access and we will be gone...

See you at Launch!

nah i like star trek (which they ruined that mmo :( ), don't really care for star wars, but enjoy you're new game.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue

>Overestimates SWOTOR's subs

Nope. With 1 million box pre-orders from stores they have at least 3 mil when you add in digital pre-orders, which will be the majority easily.

they released their digital pre-order info?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]