Items - New Class Restrictions 12/13/2011

(Locked)

85 Draenei Shaman
Why are dk's not getting roll bonuses for Eye of the Unmaking? I was queued as tank and dps and ended up being tagged as dps and was NOT given a roll bonus on an obviously STR dps trinket. I should have won one but was unable to receive it.
90 Troll Hunter
Wouldn't a combination of Signet of Grasping Mouths - LFR Hagara & Emergency Descent Loop - Valor Points be better?

No. SoGM is BiS alongside the SoPS due to it having a red socket, instead of Loop's yellow. I'm pretty sure SoPS Heroic is only better than Loop, I can't remember if Loop was better than normal SoPS or not.
Edited by Naumu on 12/13/2011 2:56 PM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm also confused about why the Finger of Zon'ozz needed to be classed at all... Those are the only classes that could ever roll need on it and they'll all always get the role bonus

Something like this needed to be done (I've suggested a better way in a different thread) but this is such a ridiculous band-aid fix it's difficult to believe Bliz actually did it. The inevitable consequence with a system like this is that you're going to make mistakes and screw up someone's itemization. Usually this takes a little while and a few instances of the system being used on a wide scale. Bliz managed to do it in one go though with the spirit off-hand and the expertise ring. This is where quality-assurance comes into play. Someone should have been sitting down with this list to make sure that all the class flags made sense and that none were missing or didn't belong. Out of 40 items, you failed to do that on 2 of them (3 if you count the wand). Unfortunately one of those items was BIS for its tier for caster pallys and shaman (who spent the last 8 pages telling you about it).
85 Orc Shaman
Really? U know the shaman healer BIS is Ledger of Revolting Rituals, not that bad shield right? So why u make it just for druid and priest?

85 Orc Shaman
VoS
So I can NOT roll on an agility dagger on my enhance shaman BUT a rogue CAN roll on the 2.6 speed agility axe ........ that is complete crap
90 Tauren Warrior
I'm still of the belief that the RIGHT fix is to put these restrictions into the need before greed system, and NOT put the restrictions on the items them selves. That way the items can still be used, it's just you can't need them (aka if you win them via greed, go ahead and use that agi polearm on your arms warrior, etc..) Again, it seems like this fix was rushed, without thinking it fully through.
90 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2011 02:55 PMPosted by Naumu
No. SoGM is BiS alongside the SoPS due to it having a red socket, instead of Loop's yellow. I'm pretty sure SoPS Heroic is only better than Loop, I can't remember if Loop was better than normal SoPS or not.

But when comparing LFR SoPS with a red epic gem to Loop with an Orange epic gem, Loop has 6 more agility than SoPS? When using superior quality Loop has 11 more agility than SoPS. I'm confused >.>

I mean in the Normal BiS lists I can see SoGM possibly pulling ahead if Crit is like 2-3x better than either haste or mastery, but LFR? I'm missing something here -.-

Edit:
12/13/2011 03:05 PMPosted by Desolous
So I can NOT roll on an agility dagger on my enhance shaman BUT a rogue CAN roll on the 2.6 speed agility axe ........ that is complete crap

Because using a 416 Agility dagger in the main hand is approximately equal to using a 258 2.6 axe in the MH for Enh, and is actually worse than using an ilvl 1 grey axe with a damage range of 1-2 and a 2.6 speed in the OH (yes, it's really THAT bad.) However, for Combat using 403 No'kaled in the MH will give dps comparable to using the T1 legendary dagger in the MH even when accounting for the set bonus.
Edited by Gistwiki on 12/13/2011 3:11 PM PST
85 Gnome Rogue
12/13/2011 03:05 PMPosted by Desolous

Rogues can and do prefer a 2.6 weapon for combat main hand (exception is the daggers from the legendary questline, which despite the common misconception not every rogue has, because you have to be in a 10/25 normal or be able to afford it). Shamans almost never prefer a fast weapon period.
85 Orc Shaman
VoS
no rogue should need it as 90% of my server has already bought the pickpocket and have the T1 legendaries
85 Gnome Rogue
12/13/2011 03:14 PMPosted by Desolous
no rogue should need it as 90% of my server has already bought the pickpocket and have the T1 legendaries

That is an assertion based on no true statisical data, also LFR is not exclusive to your server. There will always be rogues who cant get to hagara or can not afford to buy the item, these are some of the prime players that LFR is targeting. Also most people would not spend the money on an alt rogue, and that is another potential user.
90 Undead Warlock
only lfr. bak when it first came out ppl can loot anything they want so now its class restricted. lets a castor ring drop and all the castors are not needing but press greed or pass. also at the same time a hunter or war might greed fto drop the chances the castors will get it. now they cant which is perfect. in many lfr groups i was in ppl kept greeding or needing stuff they dont want but just for gold or mess with the classes that need its benifit. blizzard did a good job here for lfr.
90 Undead Warlock
its also gear specualty that your class now. about 95% of shamans that a met on both horde and alliance use axes or fist weapons as enhance weapons since there specialize in it. the melee dps dagger is better for rogues since its common for rogues to use daggers or one handed sword.
85 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2011 10:26 AMPosted by Orlyia
  • Ledger of Revolting Rituals - Druid, Priest

• Considering for both Elemental and Restoration this weapon is better because of the gem socket, why aren't shamans allowed to roll on this?
    85 Orc Death Knight
    does this affect the fact that a single person can still win mutliple tokens if the same class ones drop?
    90 Tauren Warrior
    12/13/2011 03:28 PMPosted by Pigface
    does this affect the fact that a single person can still win mutliple tokens if the same class ones drop?

Nope, and they can also win multiples of the same item as well if more than one drops (multiple weapons for example).
    90 Troll Hunter
    12/13/2011 03:07 PMPosted by Gistwiki
    But when comparing LFR SoPS with a red epic gem to Loop with an Orange epic gem, Loop has 6 more agility than SoPS? When using superior quality Loop has 11 more agility than SoPS. I'm confused >.>

You do know normal SoPS has the same exact agility as Loop, right? I should've said normal, haha, my bad. The LFR one is not better than Loop/SoGM.
    85 Undead Warlock
    Lost Rathrak to a Holy Priest today. So do roll bonuses not matter for these anymore? Very disappointed that a Healer can need and win dps gear when dps needs it.
    90 Goblin Shaman
    To help illustrate how stupid this is for those of you not getting it....

Ledger of Revolting Rituals

Used to be able to use it on my RESTO SHAMAN

Now I can't.

Stupid.

I am in the same boat here, as a resto shaman, this off hand doesn't have a comparable or like item for resto shamans. There is a shield, but without the socket, we are sacrificing 20 intellect.

Gems are also outrageous on my server, along with enchant prices, and with this new change I am down 20 intellect and 800 gold. Some of these items did need to be updated with class specifications to prevent ninjas, but items like this, are useful for more than what the new specifications allow. I believe further change needs to be added here, as this change does not seem to have been throught through.

It seems a rushed and narrow-minded approach to a solution that should have never arisen with the amount of time spent on patch 4.3 testing.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]