Items - New Class Restrictions 12/13/2011

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Mage
SCREW U BLIZZ

Although you implemented a great way for future raiders to get what they deserve, you have managed to leave me with no robes, losing 300g x 3 on gems, and probably another 500g on an enchant. Oh and how are you proposing to fix it? I know, by giving me back my garbage robes I had before I rolled on the awesome upgrade early last week. Indian giver. Oh and can I also mention, I can no longer Q for anything above iLvl 350 because you took them away? Oh and can I also say that you are making me wait 4 Days and 23hrs for a freaking reply from a GM. Thanks alot, thanks.
85 Night Elf Druid
What is going on?
I have the petrifyed fungal heart and I'm a mage but my gear is ALL 378+ and my ilvl says 354. I have nothing in my bags. So overnight my ilvl went from 378 to 354. I don't even HAVE an item at 354.

Quite simple actually. You can no longer use Petrified Fungal Heart so your necklace slot no longer has an item in it making it item level 0. Averaging that amongst the rest of your 378 gear puts you at 354 ilvl. You still see the item in that slot because you haven't removed it, but its ilvl and its stats are not affecting your character.
85 Troll Hunter
can anyone explain why in a raid a healer doesn't get +roll bonus on a dps item but a dps gets +roll bonus on a healing item
Edited by Xperiment on 12/13/2011 5:06 PM PST
43 Night Elf Hunter
12/13/2011 11:33 AMPosted by Langelaan

Does the role bonus still work as before? I can see DK, warrior dps get bonus on this as well as the tanks, but are ret pallies still getting bonus on souldrinker?

Also, the spirit accessories were tagged as healer gears. DPS could not get role bonus (at least shadow could not from what I have seen). Does this still apply along with this class restriction?

I'm very curious about that second bit. I had the ledger drop while on my shadow priest and I didn't get the roll bonus. Spirit for hit, haste secondary with a red gem slot; that thing is PERFECT for shadow.

With the amount of +hit that's on most of the cloth gear I highly doubt that shadow priests still need spirit gear in order to reach the hit cap.
43 Night Elf Hunter
12/13/2011 01:26 PMPosted by Øtaku
So.. they fix it to where you can't ninja loot anymore and people that ninja'd are mad...

iknorite, im laughing too

I'm thinking that a few people in this thread don't understand what it means to ninja. If a person was eligible to roll for an item and legitimately won it then it's not a ninja.
Edited by Jawaka on 12/13/2011 5:16 PM PST
43 Night Elf Hunter
12/13/2011 02:52 PMPosted by Nisi
Why are dk's not getting roll bonuses for Eye of the Unmaking? I was queued as tank and dps and ended up being tagged as dps and was NOT given a roll bonus on an obviously STR dps trinket. I should have won one but was unable to receive it.

As far as I'm aware the system bases roll bonuses on what you're selected role was, not what you queued as.
43 Night Elf Hunter
12/13/2011 03:05 PMPosted by Desolous
So I can NOT roll on an agility dagger on my enhance shaman BUT a rogue CAN roll on the 2.6 speed agility axe ........ that is complete crap

Maybe because only bad shamans would roll on a dagger in the first place.
25 Gnome Mage
If you are a shaman rolling against a druid or priest for an offhand spell item you are a jackass, I don't care if it's an upgrade. Suck it up and run with your guild if you want to roll on items not designed for your class.
80 Human Warrior
12/13/2011 10:41 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
Gurthalak - Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior

Question, is this true for Gurhalak?

Because reports say that it is not tagged as such in game, or in the Dungeon Journal at least.

A TANK paladin just won that with "role bonus"..Soo.... sup with that ? is there a trick that we dont know ?
-list as tank
-roll on everything you can use on MS AND OS
-get role bonus on EVERY ROLL
-be happy ?

He also won 2 tiers..talk about luck right ?
85 Blood Elf Mage
i want to know how its fair they take 384 gear we won away from us but not offer to replace it with 384 gear we can use its like we're trading in a pinto for a lambo and then they give us the pinto back after we pay for it

I mean WTF Blizz how are you gonna let us win gear work on it for 2 weeks then take it away from us and say sorry here's some !@#$ty gear you already had back??
85 Blood Elf Mage
they keep telling me to post in forums or submit a ticket and someone will help me all i see is them taking my gear away from me then ignoring the problem
85 Human Paladin
Thank you for doing this, really appreciate you listen to us. Love it.
SCREW U BLIZZ

Although you implemented a great way for future raiders to get what they deserve, you have managed to leave me with no robes, losing 300g x 3 on gems, and probably another 500g on an enchant. Oh and how are you proposing to fix it? I know, by giving me back my garbage robes I had before I rolled on the awesome upgrade early last week. Indian giver. Oh and can I also mention, I can no longer Q for anything above iLvl 350 because you took them away? Oh and can I also say that you are making me wait 4 Days and 23hrs for a freaking reply from a GM. Thanks alot, thanks.

So how did you queue for Dragon Soul LFR in the first place? You had to be at least ilvl 365 to queue. Unless you're admitting to cheating, that's another post though.
85 Undead Death Knight
I don't agree with this at all. Normally I don't come on these forums and voice my opinion when it is something negative, but this is just going too far. There are legitimate upgrades in LFR that multiple classes can use, and now blizz has to step in and say what is appropriate and what isn't? If we are able to equip it, we damn well should have the right roll need+ on it. I replaced a 359 soulblade with the Agil axe on my frost dk. OMG it has agility on it NOOOOO!!!!. So what? It's my choice to gear my character however I so desire as long as it exists in the parameters of my class. Besides, the over 100 dps of the weapon alone would outweigh the 100 str lost, PLUS the proc on it. Of course I would use a str weapon if I could get one, but until then, it is most definitely a legitimate upgrade. Too bad the only legitimate str 1h that drops with a proc is also coveted by tanks.
This is just ridiculous....
25 Gnome Mage

SCREW U BLIZZ

lol let this be a lesson to dps to stop rolling on spirit gear.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So are you guys actually encouraging DW Frost DK's to ninja Souldrinkers? Or should they do pathetic damage with the 2h?
Edited by Healsnseals on 12/13/2011 5:48 PM PST
25 Gnome Mage
12/13/2011 05:46 PMPosted by Nevárius
It's my choice to gear my character however I so desire as long as it exists in the parameters of my class.

Apparently it's not your choice bro. :D
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/13/2011 05:21 PMPosted by Jawaka
So I can NOT roll on an agility dagger on my enhance shaman BUT a rogue CAN roll on the 2.6 speed agility axe ........ that is complete crap

Maybe because only bad shamans would roll on a dagger in the first place.

Just like bad rogues would roll on weapons instead of using Fear/Vengeance
85 Blood Elf Mage
Because I reforged the f'in spirit(because isn't that why they implemented reforging in the first place...), jacked it on intellect and added 20+ stats to it. Not to mention it was a fantastic upgrade for me. So because I rolled on something that in the end benefited me, and I was given the honest permissions to roll on, I now should be punished and all I get back is my garbage gear that I upgraded from and wasted the time, the excitment of actually winning something better. Nice reply.
Edited by Dustinus on 12/13/2011 5:53 PM PST
1 Human Warlock
I love how in this new system, Rogue's have access to 3 weapon drops that only they can roll on and then 1 shared: Razor Saronite Chip, Electrowing Dagger, Blade of the Unmaker, No'Kaled (shared)

Amount of weapons an Enhancement Shaman can roll on that are class specific in this new system? 1 and it's shared with Rogue's: No'Kaled

Almost as rediculous as it is for Warlocks and Mages, who for rings and trinkets roll against 4 other classes for any drop where as Melee and Tanks roll against 2 to 3 other classes tops.

And then of course the fact that Priests are apparently on the same level as Rogues, only in regards to everything else... their own chest, an OH only they and druids can roll on, and then access to basically everything else that Warlocks/Mages can access as well as healing gear due to SP being able to use items w/ or w/ out spirit.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]