Items - New Class Restrictions 12/13/2011

(Locked)

55 Draenei Death Knight
This is an idiotic way to accomplish this change.

I obtained TWO Blade of the Unmaker from the same Madness of Deathwing kill, and can no longer use either. We group-queued with over 20 members from our guild, and not a single rogue was present who would have used these items (big surprise: you give freebie welfare stage1 legendary daggers to every rogue - why do these even exist?). Yes, I vendored my previous weapon(s?), and I don't even recall what it was. No, I don't want to wait FOUR DAYS EIGHTEEN HOURS (in-game ticket reply time estimate) for a GM to give me back an item I will have already replaced.

Restrict future drops, but punishing players who already legitimately obtained the items is moronic. This change would have been far better accomplished by creating a new version of these items with a different item ID that is class restricted, and removing the old non-restricted version from the loot table. Maybe that requires a client-side patch, but that's still better than the implementation you decided on.

surprise surprise. this is blizzard's way of saying hunters havent dual wielded since forever and that you should probably look at what blizzard has flagged as a melee weapon for hunters. You should thank them for teaching you how to gear up too
55 Draenei Death Knight
Blizz still need to work on role restrictions. I saw a ret paladin rolling need on a caster ring and winning it with role bonus. Obviously they dont need intellect as a melee dps class so yeah. Fix this plz.

and also for all those complaining about not being able to wear this loot pieces that now have class restrictions. It took you a whole 2 weeks (or less) to get this items. Get the ones you can actually equip and stop QQing.
Edited by Bbooyaa on 12/13/2011 6:24 PM PST
85 Night Elf Hunter
Alright, love the changes, one flaw.

Offhands for shamans

You are essentially telling shamans that they need to itemize armor. This is a pretty silly restriction. The difference between the offhand and the shield is like nothing... besides armor... oh and the boss it drops off of. I know we're trying to prevent ninjas, but also you are forcing a class to stack a stat that holds little value on the average encounter. Also, what was done to fix enhancement shamans being able to roll on EVERYTHING? This issue seemed more frustrating than shamans who use offhands.

**Edit: This idea is in no way "retarded" because of a minor oversight. I understand how loot distribution could be helped by limiting the ledger to those classes. That being said, I don't think it is Blizzard's place to tell the entire Shaman community they're not allowed to have offhands. There is no basis for it.

To all the mages who had spirit gear and STILL complain about this- Shame on you. a 378 non spirit piece is going to beat a 384 spirit piece. Go do some dungeons.

To dual wielding hunters- I'm still using heroic malevolence. Even the 378 staff in well of eternity is going to be superior to dual wielding. Just knock it off.

This was a smart change, and ultimately, I think the Shaman/Paladin community is going to have to suck it up and deal with Shields.

Blizzard- would you consider reimbursing Shamans/Paladins their gems/enchants on the basis that an offhand vs. shield isn't nearly as clear cut as dual wielding hunters or spirit stacking mages? Or why not just exchange the offhands for the shields? Something =/
Edited by Voushanti on 12/13/2011 6:54 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
I applaud the changes, but this should have been done back on PTR, not on live. The idea is sound, but the implementation is sorely lacking.
90 Draenei Shaman
THIS has been the saddest peice o dudu move blizz has ever done what the hell where you ppl doing.....im looking forward to what an how your gonna screw up this game next should be good if this is the standard you live up to
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/13/2011 10:26 AMPosted by Orlyia
Will of Unbinding - Druid, Mage, Priest, Shaman, Warlock

unfortunately this doesn't solve the problem for Atonement healers because we don't get the +100 role bonus thus making it impossible for us to win. I created a forum thread before I saw this one with more details here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3746335054?page=1#6
90 Blood Elf Warlock
How am I supposed to remember what I was wearing previously!!! Its not like I keep a journal of my dressing habits. How about the money spent on transmog, gems, enchants!!

Very poor decision on Blizzards part in my opinion.
59 Dwarf Warrior
Even better than finally taking a stand against ninjaing, I think the best thing about this change is it's going to force somebody working for Blizzard to sit down and take a look, even if for only a minute, at itemization distribution and how sometimes its... well, it can be a little skewed more heavily to certain classes than others.

Maybe this will make somebody think, "Wow, do combat rogues really need a fast axe nobody else can use this tier?"
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Even better than finally taking a stand against ninjaing, I think the best thing about this change is it's going to force somebody working for Blizzard to sit down and take a look, even if for only a minute, at itemization distribution and how sometimes its... well, it can be a little skewed more heavily to certain classes than others.

Maybe this will make somebody think, "Wow, do combat rogues really need a fast axe nobody else can use this tier?"

But as pointed out before, it isn't a ninja if you can use it and the primary person said ok. So what if my robe has spirit on it, all the other stats make it an upgrade and some of the spirit is replaced by a quick reforge. I support the change going forward, I just don't support the method used for those of us in this situation.
85 Human Warrior
Does anyone else find it mildly odd that DK's can roll one one handed tanking swords?

<_< I don't wanna be rolling against idiot DK's who think they are hunters. Seriously.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's just disheartening when the pally tank wins the 2h sword off dw. billions in revenue and you cant figure out how to make loot spec specific yet?
Edited by Kyati on 12/13/2011 8:06 PM PST
85 Dwarf Paladin
This is a good idea moving forward, but I agree with the people here who are saying that this change should have been made before LFR went live and loot was won or lost.

There is nothing new to learn about on how cross-realm pugs handle loot - they are often selfish and wouldn't think twice about taking loot from someone who could make better use of it. So with that in mind, I have no idea why stuff like this slips past you guys and you make important changes after the fact.
90 Tauren Druid
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Just one observation...can this ring please have hunter removed from it? It's got expertise! It's not a hunter ring!

Seal of Primordial Shadow - Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue

Came to post about this, but you beat me to it.

I'll just say (sincerely) good job, Bliz. Thank you.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This is a good step forwards! Although, weren't we told just a while back that such a feature was impossible until a future expansion, on a technical level? Because if they could have done this prior to LFR... that would be a damn kick in the balls for those that complained about the ease of being a ninja.
This came a little too late for me. After having No'Kaled taken by a Paladin and the god awful customer service b/t two GM's afterwards asking for it even when the Paladin admitted to not actually needing it but still not getting it restored to me...it caused me to quit the game. Not over the item but over the poor level of customer service.
90 Draenei Shaman
Timepiece has a socket.

Huzzah.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I still don't see why they just didn't make it so those classes were the only ones that could roll need instead of making it so we couldn't even use the items.
90 Night Elf Druid
12/13/2011 08:26 PMPosted by Sinayion
This is a good step forwards! Although, weren't we told just a while back that such a feature was impossible until a future expansion, on a technical level? Because if they could have done this prior to LFR... that would be a damn kick in the balls for those that complained about the ease of being a ninja.

No, they told us it would be impossible to limit loot by spec, which they still don't do.

On a seperate note, I believe people should be able to keep the loot if they got it last week. They won it according to the rules as they were at the time and it doesn't seem fair to punish them. And I don't think that it'll be that difficult to have the item in game twice: one version with the class restriction and one version (different id) without the restriction for those that won them earlier.
90 Night Elf Druid
12/13/2011 08:51 PMPosted by Mckillsalot
I still don't see why they just didn't make it so those classes were the only ones that could roll need instead of making it so we couldn't even use the items.

Probably to avoid issues with having friends roll on an item they don't need, just to hand it to someone else.
85 Worgen Druid
For those crying they can't use their offhands anymore because they are a shield carrying class (shaman paladin) stop crying, you still are basically getting free loot from encounters that are not the least bit challenging

for the 1 slot you can't get the piece of LFR loot you want, maybe you should just do it on 10man normal difficulty, because if this was the same system up until firelands, you would not have free LFR epics to keep you happy.

Enjoy the rest of the free gear you can get.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]