Items - New Class Restrictions 12/13/2011

(Locked)

1 Tauren Paladin
Alright, love the changes, one flaw.

Offhands for shamans

You are essentially telling shamans that they need to itemize armor. This is a pretty silly restriction. The difference between the offhand and the shield is like nothing... besides armor... oh and the boss it drops off of. I know we're trying to prevent ninjas, but also you are forcing a class to stack a stat that holds little value on the average encounter. Also, what was done to fix enhancement shamans being able to roll on EVERYTHING? This issue seemed more frustrating than shamans who use offhands.

Blizzard- would you consider reimbursing Shamans/Paladins their gems/enchants on the basis that an offhand vs. shield isn't nearly as clear cut as dual wielding hunters or spirit stacking mages? Or why not just exchange the offhands for the shields? Something =/

^^^^ THIS
Edited by Bulltastic on 12/13/2011 9:19 PM PST
100 Troll Shaman
The following are the items that have changed with new/changed class restrictions (LFR Versions).

Offhand
  • Ledger of Revolting Rituals - Druid, Priest

• I am not happy about this. I know that Paladin and Shaman are supposed to use the shield but... going to quote myself here over from MMO-Champion:

Ledger of Revolting Rituals is better than Timepiece of the Bronze Flight, simply because of that red socket and its bonus. Taking that into account as well as the +40 int enchant for both, the off-hand gives 310 intellect versus the shield's 280. So that's a difference of 30 intellect, unless you choose to use the JC-only version in which case the difference would be even greater. Yeah, I want the off-hand for my shaman since the loss of 14 haste rating and 8 spirit doesn't mean anything.

Sure, this change only applies to the LFR version but it still leaves me feeling confused. Either change the shield's stats or do it to the off-hand instead.
    Edited by Alayea on 12/13/2011 9:28 PM PST
    85 Worgen Druid
    Why do you think stats should be the same across the board?
    100 Blood Elf Paladin
    LFR only
    100 Troll Shaman
    12/13/2011 09:29 PMPosted by Complex
    Why do you think stats should be the same across the board?

Assuming you're directing this at me, but I could be mistaken.

The reason why I'm arguing for a change to stats is because if there wasn't a difference between the two, I don't think needing on the ledger would be an issue. In fact, I'll go one step further and ask Blizzard that if they chose to "buff" the shield instead of "nerfing" the off-hand, I wouldn't mind losing a bunch of armor from the shield. Why? Because who cares about armor on a caster shield. I know I don't.

Also, suppose if all you could end up doing with your schedule was the LFR. Are you saying that such players should settle for less because Blizzard created a sizable difference between the two items but also forgot about intended class design? I'm sorry, but I guess it's my turn to not understand.
    Edited by Alayea on 12/13/2011 9:51 PM PST
    85 Troll Druid
    With the speed at which a Raid Finder group moves through a zone, we’ve found that it makes it challenging for players to evaluate loot decisions...

I like you the real issue was avoided or softened here, if you've leveled your character to 85 you should know AT LEAST the main stat that is required. DKs rolling on the agi axe (2h and 1h) and other instances of failure to identify your appropriate item only was because of 1 of 3 things;

1. These people just bought the account and have no idea how to do anything
      2. These people are greedy baddies and rolled on everything for no good discernible reason.
      3. These people are, and by definition, idiotic.

It is not offensive, when it is the truth.
    Edited by Aramyn on 12/13/2011 9:48 PM PST
    100 Troll Shaman
    Retà:
    They hotfixed the shield today.

It now has a gem slot. It has ever so slightly more Haste than the OH, and sacrifices ever so slightly more Spirit to get the extra Haste.

The offhand is no longer BIS for Shamans and Paladins. The shield is.

There ya go.

I can't tell for myself since the database hasn't updated yet, but I am very glad to hear it. :D
    Edited by Alayea on 12/13/2011 10:00 PM PST
    100 Tauren Shaman
    Why aren't hunters excluded from rolling need on seal of primordial shadow? For those unfamiliar with the agility ring it has expertise on it, already lost out on it to a hunter and I imagine it's happened to a number of other melee classes.
    100 Troll Shaman
    12/13/2011 10:01 PMPosted by Roast
    Why aren't hunters excluded from rolling need on seal of primordial shadow? For those unfamiliar with the agility ring it has expertise on it, already lost out on it to a hunter and I imagine it's happened to a number of other melee classes.

I think Xeraxis over at MMO-Champion summed up the reasoning why:
    Even with Expertise it's an upgrade over 378 rings until they get something better. Plus Expertise can be reforged to something more useful. Should they need on it? Not if there is somewhere there who would benefit but if not an upgrade is an upgrade.
    1 Troll Shaman
    I won two of the Robes on my mage in the same run, and gave one to the priest in the raid (anyone else noticing few priests, many many shaman?). No one else wanted the other one. It was in fact an upgrade over my 353 robe once gemmed, enchanted and reforged.

I fully expected, if there had been healers in the raid that wanted the robe, priority would have given them a 100 point advantage over me. That did not happen and as such, that isn't my fault.

I won the robes fair and square, handed one over happily. Then spent my gold making the other one as appropriate for me as possible.

If Bliz doesn't want my mage to have the robe, so be it. But finding a way to return the gems and enchant would at least smooth that over a bit. It feels a bit unfair to charge me a few thousand gold to not use an item the raid and priority system didn't mind me taking that was in fact an upgrade, if not an ideal one.
    85 Blood Elf Paladin
    great. now make it so that you can't get a queue pop and brought into an instance while you're afk - saving you to a boss for the week that you can't get loot from - and we're good.
    90 Tauren Druid
    LFR only.

if your raiding 10/25 or heroic then it doesnt matter.

if your only raiding LFR then it doesnt matter becasuse the difference in LFR is minimal.

long story short: doesnt matter. just get the shield.

besides the other classes who can ONLY use the offhand would be at a disadvantage if pala and sham could roll on the offhand they can use as well as the one only they can use.

mabie give it a socket. but again, its LFR loot.
    its absolutely ridiculous that they back date this, it should be made for items looted from the server reset. I don't want my 353 item restored i want my 2 384 items back. We should be compensated in some way for this with comparable items. its not right to penalize players who legitimately won the items and the items have all the stats that are good for there class. Also how are we being compensated for the gold that we spent on the gems and chants on these items.
    also its retarded to make a item rogue only when the rogues basically get 2x 397 daggers for free.
    Developers this was a big failure on your part, you are hurting alot of honest players with this crap.
    85 Draenei Mage
    First of all, I would like to applaud Blizzard for implementing this changes.

As someone with poor luck on rolls, gearing has been an uphill task whereby any class that will 'Need' will be sure to press that button unless on guild runs.

Some of these people whom I have encountered were better geared than me, but 'need' on an item below their current gear. May I ask if this is fair?

85 Draenei Mage
    its absolutely ridiculous that they back date this, it should be made for items looted from the server reset. I don't want my 353 item restored i want my 2 384 items back. We should be compensated in some way for this with comparable items. its not right to penalize players who legitimately won the items and the items have all the stats that are good for there class. Also how are we being compensated for the gold that we spent on the gems and chants on these items.
    also its retarded to make a item rogue only when the rogues basically get 2x 397 daggers for free.
    Developers this was a big failure on your part, you are hurting alot of honest players with this crap.

Players like you are the very ones who have rolled 'need' while their are rogues in the raid. I feel sad for those rogues who have lost a need roll against you.
    100 Night Elf Druid
    I think you guys made a huge mistake on the agi expertise ring - its small marked as hunter when it should not be.
    85 Draenei Paladin
    I just tanked(pally) a LFR and a DPS(pally) won Souldrinker due to him obtaining a Role Bonus. Shouldn't tanks receive a role bonus for tanking items only ALONG with the class restriction as a SEPARATE filter?
    90 Draenei Shaman
    12/13/2011 09:24 PMPosted by Alayea
    Sure, this change only applies to the LFR version but it still leaves me feeling confused. Either change the shield's stats or do it to the off-hand instead.

Look in the dungeon journal. Timepiece of the Bronze Flight now has a socket.

The int is equal between the two pieces, and the tradeoff is +4 Haste & -2 spirit when switching from Ledger to Timepiece. They're approximately equal, with Timepiece having a slight advantage.

Edit:

12/14/2011 12:18 AMPosted by Larcules
    Shouldn't tanks receive a role bonus for tanking items only

Yes, but Souldrinker is also a dps weapon. It's the best one available for SMF warriors and DW Frost DKs.
    Edited by Gistwiki on 12/14/2011 12:25 AM PST
    90 Human Paladin
    shouldn't there be like class role restriction aswell? just curious cause every group i've been to there's always someone rolling for offspec's and actually winning it for instance in my group i had a show priest winning all of the healing stuff in that full run
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]