Items - New Class Restrictions 12/13/2011

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Warrior
Good to see that Rogues get half the loot from Madness while DPS Wars only benefit from one.
100 Human Warlock
The infinite loop should be mage/lock only. It's ridiculous that spirit using dpsers get to cherry pick hit loot and increase competition for the only loot available to mages and locks.
81 Draenei Hunter
Awful decision restricting completely viable items from classes for whom they are BIS for the Raid Finder gearlevel. This is both new and unusual.
85 Draenei Death Knight
Kinda surprised nobody mentioned Hand of Morchok...why isn't this class-restricted? It's a Strength weapon, shouldn't it be restricted to Death Knights, Paladins, and Warriors?
90 Night Elf Druid
I am a little surprised no one suggested the most obvious and easiest fix to the shammy/paladin problem yet: Just give both items the same stats. That way everyone should be happy and the loot distribution should still be fair, right?
85 Goblin Mage
12/14/2011 05:25 AMPosted by Fionuir
I am a little surprised no one suggested the most obvious and easiest fix to the shammy/paladin problem yet: Just give both items the same stats. That way everyone should be happy and the loot distribution should still be fair, right?

From what i have read this is already being done.
100 Orc Hunter

Weapons
  • Electrowing Dagger - Rogue

• So the dual daggers I was using up until the other night (and had to quickly find a replacement for our raid tuesday night) are now vendor trash...

So why even bother allowing hunters to use swords, axes , daggers etc when we aparently should never use them, even if they are substantial upgrades?
    92 Human Paladin
    How about adding a loot roll penalty for the jerk who was:

AFK the entire time.
    Pulled when the raid wasn't ready.
    Wasn't playing his role forcing the rest of us to pick up their slack.
    The tank that couldn't taunt/drag the mobs to the right place
    People who can't press the giant purple button in the middle of the screen.

Too many times I've seen idiots walk away with items they didn't deserve.
    its absolutely ridiculous that they back date this, it should be made for items looted from the server reset. I don't want my 353 item restored i want my 2 384 items back. We should be compensated in some way for this with comparable items. its not right to penalize players who legitimately won the items and the items have all the stats that are good for there class. Also how are we being compensated for the gold that we spent on the gems and chants on these items.
    also its retarded to make a item rogue only when the rogues basically get 2x 397 daggers for free.
    Developers this was a big failure on your part, you are hurting alot of honest players with this crap.

Players like you are the very ones who have rolled 'need' while their are rogues in the raid. I feel sad for those rogues who have lost a need roll against you.

it is hillarious that you feel sad for rogues, with the littlest effort they get 2 ilvl 397 daggers so please stop with the rogues are so screwed bit.
    2nd when im using Jindo verdict ZG u damn right im gonna roll on the daggers. 1st dagger no one else even wanted and the 2nd dagger i beat 1 rogue doing 10k dps. If the daggers had expertise i could see it being rogue only but the stats are good for a hunter as well. You should really look up how easy it is to get FEAR and VENGEANCE before crying for rogues. If rouges dont have these then they are just lazy

Weapons

• So the dual daggers I was using up until the other night (and had to quickly find a replacement for our raid tuesday night) are now vendor trash...

So why even bother allowing hunters to use swords, axes , daggers etc when we aparently should never use them, even if they are substantial upgrades?

Agreed, no point hunters having proficiency for anything but staffs at this point.
    90 Night Elf Warrior
    how bout a filter that doesn't allow the same person to loot both Tier Drops for instance, if two protectors dropped i hit need on both, and won both, the second roll should forfeit it self to the next highest roll; I have seen this happen like 4x times already on my tier
    85 Orc Death Knight
    I'm pretty irritated with this to be honest. I was in a guild LFR last week, and No'kaled dropped. I had a very shameful weapon for my offhand. I was given this weapon because noone else needed it, and it was just going to be DE'd, so until i could get 2 hand of morchok this was my best bet. This weapon had SUPERIOR weapon damage (almost +250 dps). When I calculated the attack power loss from using a AGI weapon over a strength weapon, the result was about 60 AP lost. So, it was like i was missing a +30 str green quality gem somewhere.

The damage proc was insane, and affected by my mastery. I saw a 4-5k dps increase just from this swap alone. The proc was worth almost 5% of my damage on every single test i did. I went from 27.8k on Ultraxion 25m LFR, to 33.9k (best) with this weapon.

Not only that, but I missed my raid last night because of it. Then found out 4 T13 normal tokens dropped that were vanquisher. They all went to peoples off specs and could have been my main spec. I'm furious to say the least. I swear to god, if blizzard gives me back that horrible weapon that I so eagerly rid myself of. I really don't know what I am going to say to this matter.
    100 Draenei Hunter
    Boy, Blizzard really screwed the pooch on this one. I have no problem with them restricting drops to classes, but to actually take away someone's loot, and then leave them with nothing and unable to play the game until they receive a response from a GM, which apparently can take days?

For the record, I haven't done LFR and I probably won't now, because I am never sure if Blizz is going to take my loot away. I will keep gearing up through heroics and VP and raid with my guild.

I haven't lost anything from this decision, but it makes me evaluate whether I am better off playing WoW or something else. You can't just screw people and leave them unable to play the game for days when they are paying you for the privilege.
    90 Dwarf Warrior
    I think it is most unfair to make this rule retroactive. I won a 390 agility weapon which on a DK is not best in slot, however it increased my DPS over the 378 axe by a considerable margin. To now make this weapon unusable is a waste and not appropriate.
    100 Draenei Shaman
    They didnt make the RULE retroactive...

To be able to make these rules work.. they need to MODIFY the item to put the restrictions on it.. That gets applied to ALL the wepons of that ID..

For now.. this is a little of an annoyance to some people.. but in the end, many of this will be MOOT by the time MoP comes around with the current changes they plan.

Relics across the board will be gone.
    Hunters only use Guns/bows, and have no other slots.. warriors no longer use them, so they will be the ONLY one rolling on these.
    Wands willk be disapearing
    85 Undead Warlock
    12/13/2011 05:27 PMPosted by Pacey

Question, is this true for Gurhalak?

Because reports say that it is not tagged as such in game, or in the Dungeon Journal at least.

A TANK paladin just won that with "role bonus"..Soo.... sup with that ? is there a trick that we dont know ?
    -list as tank
    -roll on everything you can use on MS AND OS
    -get role bonus on EVERY ROLL
    -be happy ?

He also won 2 tiers..talk about luck right ?

first, there's no need to make things up it belittles our intelligence. Second, random is random; I've won 3 out of 4 rolls on one boss, I've also done an entire lfr raid set and not been able to roll need on a single item, if you are going to start crying about random rolls and random drops this is just not the game for you.
    85 Undead Warlock

Weapons

how are you still finding substantial 1H upgrades at a 370+ ilvl range? you drop 130 agi just for DWing 130 that is 3 rare red gems(plus 10) of agi you lose, the mostly popular gear calculator wont even let you choose one hands as an option, know why? because all the 1h options are terrible...my dk can equip polearms, will i? NO!!! just because you can do something does not mean it is a good idea if all other evidence saying it is a bad idea.

I'm sorry you rolled and won bad weapons, but you should have known better.
    Edited by Hâirydotter on 12/14/2011 9:35 AM PST
    100 Undead Rogue
    Thank you, Blizzard! Tired of Death Knights rolling on agility gear that should clearly be going to rogues, hunters, druids and enhance shamans. :)
    100 Undead Rogue
    12/14/2011 08:51 AMPosted by Reenela
    Wands willk be disapearing

Unless they changed this between when I was at Blizzcon and now - they said Wands will become MH weapons when I was at Blizzcon...
    85 Undead Warlock
    Boy, Blizzard really screwed the pooch on this one. I have no problem with them restricting drops to classes, but to actually take away someone's loot, and then leave them with nothing and unable to play the game until they receive a response from a GM, which apparently can take days?

For the record, I haven't done LFR and I probably won't now, because I am never sure if Blizz is going to take my loot away. I will keep gearing up through heroics and VP and raid with my guild.

I haven't lost anything from this decision, but it makes me evaluate whether I am better off playing WoW or something else. You can't just screw people and leave them unable to play the game for days when they are paying you for the privilege.

Why can't you play? they weren't banned. If their ilvl was affected and they already vendored the item, i dunno make a 377 vicious pvp piece until they get to your ticket.. does everyone just walk around with one item for one slot in their bags or bank? i have no less then 22 extra slot items in my bags for different specs and pvp just for this toon alone, each of my other toons besides my hunter have very similar amts of overflow.

mistakes happen, move on...if this is your "final straw" for deciding to continue to play wow your burden must have been massive...with all the gear handed to you with no real time commitment, or need to pay attention, or have any real in-depth knowledge of class abilities(hey dks and locks L2BREZ!!!) or take any responsibility for your choices and the consequences, by all means move on i'm sure some other game company will be very accommodating.

edit- o wait i just reread what you wrote YOU HAVEN"T EVEN SET FOOT IN AN LFR RAID!!!! seriously GTFO, you are now "scared" they will take your loot away???!!!???
    I'm done, you're hopeless.

-Blizz "Hey Guys we made some LFR loot changes to make the issues of non optimal gear going to classes that should not really be rolling on it in the first place, you know that thing you all have been complaining about endlessly ever since we mentioned making and LFR option...there are a few exceptions but its really the most fair way to do it"

-Mob " O noes agi is not for DKs why no one tell me, pallys wear shields???? but i lose a whole 20 int!!!!! that's like a LOT of INT like 0.33% of all my int man what up!!?? and $@% druids and priests let them learn how to use shields, that works right?"

now you are going to cry about transmog...i mean seriously??? After all that gemming and enchanting how can you afford transmog too?

blizz you hard asses, you make life so much more difficult for the rest of us /s
    Edited by Hâirydotter on 12/14/2011 9:39 AM PST
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]