Items - New Class Restrictions 12/13/2011

(Locked)

86 Human Paladin
It makes no sense to restrict these to classes and not to the "Role" that was used to enter the LFR. I once again lost my tank weapon to a DPS class warrior. So really this is pointless to even make the change it proves nothing.
85 Undead Warlock
12/14/2011 09:30 AMPosted by Newmann
It makes no sense to restrict these to classes and not to the "Role" that was used to enter the LFR. I once again lost my tank weapon to a DPS class warrior. So really this is pointless to even make the change it proves nothing.

Can you be specific? which weapon?

I did a little research for ya the only 1h wep better then Mandible of Beth'tilac is Hand of Morchok which as you can clearly see has crit on it, making it a dps weapon and if you are looking at Souldrinker it is an absolutely fine tanking wep(well its ok hardly spectacular) it also has nothing stat wise that marks it as a "Tank" wep no dodge no parry so still a valid dps rollable item...or was it something else?
Edited by Hâirydotter on 12/14/2011 9:50 AM PST
100 Draenei Shaman
The system actualy does use BOTH the restrictions, as well as the ROLE.

The problem is that some items can be classed as both. One of the items that drops is a 1h sword that heals the weilder... that is generaly more optimized for a tank, so it has a tank role for the bonus on it.. but it ALSO can be used by regular warrior dps as well.. so its marked as DPS.
86 Human Paladin
http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/78488/souldrinker/

and if it does check for "Role" then it is not working. Dont get me wrong, this is probally an upgrade for some dps. My point is why restrict it at all if it is not doing the job properly.
90 Troll Shaman
LFR only.

if your raiding 10/25 or heroic then it doesnt matter.

if your only raiding LFR then it doesnt matter becasuse the difference in LFR is minimal

Apparently Blizzard disagrees with you, and saw the difference substantial enough to equalize the stats among the two items.

You should probably stop telling people what to do.
85 Undead Warlock
LFR only.

if your raiding 10/25 or heroic then it doesnt matter.

if your only raiding LFR then it doesnt matter becasuse the difference in LFR is minimal

Apparently Blizzard disagrees with you, and saw the difference substantial enough to equalize the stats among the two items.

You should probably stop telling people what to do.

how does blizzard taking notice of an ilvl/stat inequity and possibly fixing an oversight, deny the fact that the 20 int difference is at best 0.03% of a healers output(maybe less)
100 Draenei Hunter
Why can't you play? they weren't banned

My bad. They can probably go punch boars in the face without a weapon. That sounds like it's worth $15 a month.

does everyone just walk around with one item for one slot in their bags or bank?

I don't PvP. AGI is the primary stat for me no matter what spec I choose. Why would I keep multiple sets of gear?

edit- o wait i just reread what you wrote YOU HAVEN"T EVEN SET FOOT IN AN LFR RAID!!!! seriously GTFO, you are now "scared" they will take your loot away???!!!???

So that means I don't have the right to expect a reasonable level of customer service? By your logic, I shouldn't have felt bad about the terrorist attacks in 2001 - after all, I wasn't killed.

I'm done, you're hopeless.

Yes, and you're an !@# and probably typing your response from your junior high school computer science lab.

P.S. Since you might not have covered this in English class yet, quotation marks are reserved for when you are citing something that someone actually said. For example, you could use quotation marks properly here:

Fawalken said "You're an $%^."

An example of improper use of quotation marks would be above, when you enclosed the word scared, which I never used, in them. You can thank me later when you get a C- in English.

85 Undead Warlock
12/14/2011 09:57 AMPosted by Fawalken
Why can't you play? they weren't banned

My bad. They can probably go punch boars in the face without a weapon. That sounds like it's worth $15 a month.

does everyone just walk around with one item for one slot in their bags or bank?

I don't PvP. AGI is the primary stat for me no matter what spec I choose. Why would I keep multiple sets of gear?

edit- o wait i just reread what you wrote YOU HAVEN"T EVEN SET FOOT IN AN LFR RAID!!!! seriously GTFO, you are now "scared" they will take your loot away???!!!???

So that means I don't have the right to expect a reasonable level of customer service? By your logic, I shouldn't have felt bad about the terrorist attacks in 2001 - after all, I wasn't killed.

I'm done, you're hopeless.

Yes, and you're an !@# and probably typing your response from your junior high school computer science lab.

P.S. Since you might not have covered this in English class yet, quotation marks are reserved for when you are citing something that someone actually said. For example, you could use quotation marks properly here:

Fawalken said "You're an $%^."

An example of improper use of quotation marks would be above, when you enclosed the word scared, which I never used, in them. You can thank me later when you get a C- in English.

yer funny, i'm so confused they took your bow away? hunters melee boars? Can this get better? Oh wait it sure does....

Now you somehow drew comparisons to 9/11, are you Rudy Giuliani? and wow really? wow!!!...

now because having a reasonable response, to your "diminished"(i'm not quoting dear, its akin to "air quotes" where i use the word intended but subvert its true intention with sarcasm) enjoyment; any other player in their right mind would break out into hysterics seeing a hunter dwing after over a year of cata, with the excuse that it was an "upgrade"(see did it again).

I'm sorry you have a view that can't let you see the folly of you choices and the consequences for making them, they are neither my responsibility, nor blizzards - they are only yours...if you can't own that i don't know what else to say.

And the drivel you wrote afterward truly shows your character(and then you dared correct the use of "" incorrectly, ROFL, i'm putting this up at work later just for the 9/11 comparison alone, pure win).
Edited by Hâirydotter on 12/14/2011 10:19 AM PST
100 Draenei Hunter
Aw man, you "found" me "out."

I "am" in fact Rudy Giuliani.

You can call me "Mr." Mayor.
90 Tauren Druid
How about adding a loot roll penalty for the jerk who was:

AFK the entire time.
Pulled when the raid wasn't ready.
Wasn't playing his role forcing the rest of us to pick up their slack.
The tank that couldn't taunt/drag the mobs to the right place
People who can't press the giant purple button in the middle of the screen.

Too many times I've seen idiots walk away with items they didn't deserve.

i agree with this 100%.

there needs to be some type of system to punish people who join LFR, put someone on follow, then hit need when the button shows up.

many times ive seen 4-5 people jsut go AFK when its time for trash, and more than once ive seen DPS just /follow another DPS of the same type (melee, ranged) and try to collect free loot.
85 Draenei Mage
Thats funny...I always pictured Rudy playing a rogue.
85 Undead Warlock
Aw man, you "found" me "out."

I "am" in fact Rudy Giuliani.

You can call me "Mr." Mayor.

He's not been the mayor of anything for a very long time, heard you wouldn't officiate the marriage of the couple who gave you a place to stay after your very public marriage fiasco.

Classy.
85 Undead Warlock
How about adding a loot roll penalty for the jerk who was:

AFK the entire time.
Pulled when the raid wasn't ready.
Wasn't playing his role forcing the rest of us to pick up their slack.
The tank that couldn't taunt/drag the mobs to the right place
People who can't press the giant purple button in the middle of the screen.

Too many times I've seen idiots walk away with items they didn't deserve.

i agree with this 100%.

there needs to be some type of system to punish people who join LFR, put someone on follow, then hit need when the button shows up.

many times ive seen 4-5 people jsut go AFK when its time for trash, and more than once ive seen DPS just /follow another DPS of the same type (melee, ranged) and try to collect free loot.

In theory great idea but we can't have a loot council for every drop , its just LFR people some bad apples will get through, just enjoy the portion you have control over. Worrying about what someone else was doing isn't going to lead anywhere positive.

you want a raid with consequences and reward for effort then that'd be regular raids.
86 Human Paladin
http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/78487/gurthalak-voice-of-the-deeps/
http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/78488/souldrinker/

So you do not see any differnces in these 2 weapon's procs that clearly make one a dps weapon and one a tank weapon? Look, the point I am trying to make is why even change anything if a dps,tank or healer can get the roll bonus on any of the weapons? All this does is upset people who already had the items and got them taken away and just dosent do any justice in my opinon.
90 Tauren Druid
Newman i see too weapons that could be used either as a tank weapon or a DPS weapon, as both have procs and not tank or DPS stats.

a DPS getting random proc heals = less stress on healers. same as if a tank had it.

Tank proccing a tentacle = more raid DPS, same as if a DPS had it.

remember its not YOUR loot till YOU win the roll.

(and at least when you lose a roll on a weapon its to someone who is using it for DPS, unlike bears and cats who lose weapons to hunters who use it as a stat stick.)
Edited by Øtaku on 12/14/2011 10:33 AM PST
58 Troll Death Knight
..and how this fix guild/friends need rolls in LFR/LFD?
90 Orc Mage
this is a start but still doesn't fix the hole system
85 Goblin Mage

12/13/2011 10:26 AMPosted by Orlyia
Gurthalak - Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior

DK,Pally,Warrior....that must mean tanks get the role bonus too...GG BLIZZ
90 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2011 10:26 AMPosted by Orlyia
Ledger of Revolting Rituals - Druid, Priest
Why can't shaman and paladins get this too?
100 Human Paladin
Unfortunately, these changes didn't stop an Enhancement Shaman from taking the healing shield and mace when they dropped.

I love the LFR system! I think this is such a great thing. I don't have the time that it takes to dedicate to raiding. But, the fact that healing gear is being taken by a DPS is extremely frustrating.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]