Items - New Class Restrictions 12/13/2011

(Locked)

85 Worgen Priest
Still waiting for the day my feral druid doesn't lose +agility items to Boomkins.
85 Orc Warrior
Yeah nice first step at fixing this blizz.. Hopefully LFD will do the same thing one day :_)
90 Tauren Druid
with reading this and the exclusivity of all the items i noticed that hunters have a hunter only wep? and rogues have a rogue only wep?

hey weres my druid only wep?

since i dont have a druid only wep im going to ignore my class specification and assume since im in the pool of classes to share my polearm with hunters and gear with rogues im going to need on offspec stuff and ill still get a bonus roll right?

i mean i kinda need a polearm to tank its not like hunters need it to dps right?
idk i might get the usual troll of

well dks and wars and rets should get exclusive weps blah blah

sure that would be my argument if you guys didnt use plate dps to tank with or 1H and shields to the exception of DK's but thats what blizz gets for making the blood tree the tank tree and not leaving frost as the tank tree

i like how this works i get all the stuff i dont need and dont get anything i need

/waits for blizzard to fix this

hey i mentioned making DW stat sticks for hunters again but no luck i guess hunters dont like using 1 handers anymore

i also mentioned DW fists for druids i mean we use claws anyways and it would relieve the resentment of hunters taking our 1 only option as a wep slot its statistically more useful on us than a hunter anyways

ok enough of my rant il just carry on getting phat caster lewts
85 Worgen Druid
I'm impressed with the strides that the LFR need+ system has made over the last few weeks.

I'm also a little disappointed that some of the items are flagged "need" instead of "need+" for caster dps and visa versa for healers.

For example, balance druids are not eligible for a need+ roll on Ledger of Revolting Rituals (int/spirit/haste offhand) yet healers are eligible for need+ on Titahk (non-spirit weapon). Both items are equally great for resto druids and balance druids.

As it currently stands, the lack of eligibility on off-hands makes the 2h the only viable choice for most casters yet healers have multiple choices for weapons and off-hands while competing for the same staff.

I love the day where the system can determine the differences between dps types such as warlocks and mages (no need for spirit), shadow priests, boomkins and elemental shamans (spirit needing casters) and healers. Overall, I love the changes to the LFR loot system and look forward to seeing more changes over the course of it's existence.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Souldrinker - Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior?????????????????

Are you sure about this???

I thought it was a weapon specifically for tankers, since we don't have tankers specific weapons in Dragon Soul...
I lost two times this sword for DK dps... I think there is something wrong!!!

Who do you think would take 100% of utilization of this weapon??
a) Tankers
b) Melees DPS
c) Casters / Rangeds
d) Healers

Oh man, lets change this pls...

That sword is absolutely great for a Dual wield Frost Death knight.

in fact:

http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filter=sl=13;ty=0:4:7;cr=161:20:21:79;crs=1:1:3:3;crv=0:1:0:0;gm=3;rf=1;wt=134:20:119:117:103:170:96:77;wtv=360:100:69:56:50:45:43:34;upg=78488

Souldrinker is the best weapon DW frost DK's can get out of LFR.

(inb4 "Hand of Morchok LFR" comments: Check the comments on that one... also check the OP on page one. it doesnt drop. its unavailable to players.)

in fact its our ONLY choice for a weapon in LFR.

so really, if a frost DK rolls and wins it: Tough Luck. the proc is good for everyone.

edit: Darnit i logged out in my ugly horrible tank set :'( im normaly a frost DK
Edited by Sométhing on 12/19/2011 2:26 PM PST
86 Dwarf Hunter
Great, but you don't put unique on Kiril which is a polearm that no class can dual wield and now its been ninja'd by a hunter that already had it. He rolls need and leaves the raid. He wins the roll and it's just sitting in the chest. Thanks blizzard and how you cannot pass it to the second winner without the idiot submitting a ticket for him to pass it to me.

Please change your Terms and Conditions for Players ninja'ing items cause it's horrible right now.
Edited by Zzang on 12/20/2011 6:49 AM PST
85 Troll Shaman
Here is my opinion on the LFR Looting...

1) Need+ should include activity so ppl who do absolutely nothing get reduced loot chance

2) Tier tokens should be 1 per player so 1 person doesnt get 2 of same if drops that way

3) You should not be locked to loot if you win nothing on that boss for the week so LFR can be used more frequently during week because chances are items drop you will not be able to use

4) Make LFR award Valor Points for boss kills at say 40-50vp per boss killed and ffs plz plz raise Valor cap to 2k capping Valor in a day is no fun

=======================================================

Also the class selection from random player pools could use more balancing its not fair to many players when 16/25 ppl are rolling on tier tokens ( for instance my lfr grp today had 6 warriors 5 hunters and 3 shamans = pure lame ) so limiting the classes a lil bit will help
Great, but you don't put unique on Kiril which is a polearm that no class can dual wield and now its been ninja'd by a hunter that already had it. He rolls need and leaves the raid. He wins the roll and it's just sitting in the chest. Thanks blizzard and how you cannot pass it to the second winner without the idiot submitting a ticket for him to pass it to me.

Please change your Terms and Conditions for Players ninja'ing items cause it's horrible right now.

anyone who told you items cant be traded was being a.... well i cant say what here.

you can trade items in LFR.

so, if he said "it wont let me trade" then left it was because he diddnt want to trade it. because you can trade it. i've traded items with people.
Here is my opinion on the LFR Looting...

1) Need+ should include activity so ppl who do absolutely nothing get reduced loot chance

2) Tier tokens should be 1 per player so 1 person doesnt get 2 of same if drops that way

3) You should not be locked to loot if you win nothing on that boss for the week so LFR can be used more frequently during week because chances are items drop you will not be able to use

4) Make LFR award Valor Points for boss kills at say 40-50vp per boss killed and ffs plz plz raise Valor cap to 2k capping Valor in a day is no fun

=======================================================

Also the class selection from random player pools could use more balancing its not fair to many players when 16/25 ppl are rolling on tier tokens ( for instance my lfr grp today had 6 warriors 5 hunters and 3 shamans = pure lame ) so limiting the classes a lil bit will help

1: Agreed. and please for the love of god, make it so Boomkins/ele shams don't get roll bonus on Agility items and vice-versa for Ehn/kitties. that's just so aggravating.

2: 1 per type. no problem with someone willing a chest and legs off one boss. but 2 chests or something?

3: disagree strongly. do you guaranteed get loot out of a normal raid every week? NO! this would be a terrible change, because people would feel forced to farm LFR all week to get a drop off each boss.

4: Disagree to an extent.

"5:" I agree. every group i join on my Druid tank it feels like i have to roll against 2/3 of the raid for any piece of loot i am trying to get, and it gets seriously irritating.
Edited by Sométhing on 12/20/2011 10:30 AM PST
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm impressed with the strides that the LFR need+ system has made over the last few weeks.

I'm also a little disappointed that some of the items are flagged "need" instead of "need+" for caster dps and visa versa for healers.

For example, balance druids are not eligible for a need+ roll on Ledger of Revolting Rituals (int/spirit/haste offhand) yet healers are eligible for need+ on Titahk (non-spirit weapon). Both items are equally great for resto druids and balance druids.

As it currently stands, the lack of eligibility on off-hands makes the 2h the only viable choice for most casters yet healers have multiple choices for weapons and off-hands while competing for the same staff.

I love the day where the system can determine the differences between dps types such as warlocks and mages (no need for spirit), shadow priests, boomkins and elemental shamans (spirit needing casters) and healers. Overall, I love the changes to the LFR loot system and look forward to seeing more changes over the course of it's existence.

for what healers put up with i think its fair
85 Human Warrior
Glad they looked into it. May not be perfect but its something. Personally I think the DE should light up when no one has needed. Saw alot of gear get DE'ed that was potentially useable. Got beat out by a holy pally on my sword though...was sad
85 Night Elf Druid
This is complete crap I have the robes on my warlock won the roll out of the 12 people that rolled on it has hit chance on it haste etc and then they decide to screw me over by calling it priest gear thats complete garbage.
86 Dwarf Hunter

anyone who told you items cant be traded was being a.... well i cant say what here.

you can trade items in LFR.

so, if he said "it wont let me trade" then left it was because he diddnt want to trade it. because you can trade it. i've traded items with people.

He did not try to trade me the item. I asked him why he was rolling on an item he already had and he left the raid without getting the item from the chest.
100 Human Priest
12/21/2011 04:48 PMPosted by Orriana
This is complete crap I have the robes on my warlock won the roll out of the 12 people that rolled on it has hit chance on it haste etc and then they decide to screw me over by calling it priest gear thats complete garbage.

spirit does not give hit to warlocks, that robe has NO hit for you on it
Blade of the Unmaker - Rogue
85 Undead Warrior
is it intended for Ret paladins queuing as DPS to get the role bonus rolling on Souldrinker, and, conversely, Prot paladins and Prot warriors queuing as tanks to get the role bonus on the 2H str sword?
I just found out yesterday of this when my wife's Warlock couldn't join a LFR with me. She had replaced a necklace with the i384 Petrified Fungal Heart. Reforging the spirit into something that as a DPS caster will better make use of is the reason for reforging. Taking a piece of gear away from her after she legitimately won it and was using it is very poor on Blizzard's part.

To add to this, they sent her back a i365 necklace that they "hoped" was the right one. Frankly neither of us did not remember what one she had as it was vendored and she was esctatic over a great upgrade for her.

It is not the changing of the rules going forward that upsets us, it is the retroactive with no equal replacement.

The GM claimed they cannot feed any of this back to the devs and that posting to the forums was our only course of action.

People do not stay or leave games just because of content, I say this after staying with WoW through the length of ICC pre-Cata. It is because of how they are treated in game. Either in pugs that are rude, or in this case now the company that owns it not treating it's players fairly after the fact.

If the devs and/or GM's do not care enough to treat the players in a fair manner, then why are we surprised when people ninja gear or do other un-ethical behavior in game.

I get that it is a game and suppposed to be fun, but those that are the ultimate keepers of the "rules" change them at a whim with no reconciliation is not acceptable. I love the game, but if this is how the game is going to be I am sure that we will be able to find other places to spend our recreation time and money.

Thanks Blizz.
Edited by Maclin on 12/27/2011 3:37 PM PST
85 Troll Priest
  • All caster items should have a role bonus for every caster that matches their armor type.
  • Caster items that do not have an armor type, such as off-hands and jewelry, should have a role bonus for everyone that can equip them, including shamans/paladins in the case of off-hands.
  • The only exceptions should be items with hit, which should be restricted to dps, items with spirit, which should be restricted to healers, elemental shamans, shadow priests, and moonkins, and special case proc items like trinkets and deathwing weapons (although items like the haste proc staff should be available to all casters).

Shadow priests/moonkins/elemental shamans receiving a role bonus on Infinite Loop but not Signet of Suturing is completely nonsensical. The infinite loop is not even worth equipping for these classes. The Signet is best in slot.

By being overly restrictive, you pigeonhole everyone into a specific predefined set of gear, which is suboptimal in many cases. This is a hamfisted implementation and could be corrected as easily and quickly as the original restrictions were put in.
Edited by Juli on 12/28/2011 10:23 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]