Items - New Class Restrictions 12/13/2011

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Warlock
I find it amusing that Blizzard has to tell people what gear to wear, maybe some day people will learn their class.
85 Orc Death Knight
OMFG Thank you!
100 Orc Warlock
This really doesn't make sense, what if you want to use them for transmog? Why so many limitations?

I can see not being able to roll need on it, but not letting axe-wielders wield certain axes is lame IMO, especially after you added transmogging.
85 Orc Hunter
This is an idiotic way to accomplish this change.

I obtained TWO Blade of the Unmaker from the same Madness of Deathwing kill, and can no longer use either. We group-queued with over 20 members from our guild, and not a single rogue was present who would have used these items (big surprise: you give freebie welfare stage1 legendary daggers to every rogue - why do these even exist?). Yes, I vendored my previous weapon(s?), and I don't even recall what it was. No, I don't want to wait FOUR DAYS EIGHTEEN HOURS (in-game ticket reply time estimate) for a GM to give me back an item I will have already replaced.

Restrict future drops, but punishing players who already legitimately obtained the items is moronic. This change would have been far better accomplished by creating a new version of these items with a different item ID that is class restricted, and removing the old non-restricted version from the loot table. Maybe that requires a client-side patch, but that's still better than the implementation you decided on.
Edited by Flappy on 12/13/2011 11:02 AM PST
85 Human Warrior
Just wanted to say, Thank You
92 Human Death Knight
12/13/2011 11:00 AMPosted by Perfectia
Why so many limitations?

The limitations are just for LFR, because strangers tend not to be courteous to each other.

12/13/2011 11:00 AMPosted by Perfectia
what if you want to use them for transmog?

Then you always have the option to get the non-LFR version for such purposes.
92 Human Death Knight
12/13/2011 11:01 AMPosted by Flappy
Restrict future drops, but punishing players who already legitimately obtained the items is moronic.

It is a simple flag on the the items. To differentiate between when they were obtained before the restrictions went into place would be a lot more complicated and possibly would require a client-side patch to implement. It would appear the devs wanted these restrictions to go in asap.
90 Human Death Knight
Lol, that was part of a post I made yesterady (and got trolled)

First, I'm sure that many players that roll need on an item that they don't diserve are not neccessarly ninjaing the loot, but do really think that they are going for an uprgrade. Adding class restriction to item (just like tier token) would made it easier for newer player to make roll decision. As for an exemple, if there is strenght on a 1-handed sword, only death knight, pali and warrior would be able to roll on it.

Gj blizz, I was really enjoying LFR and this will give me more reasons to enjoy it even more, Thank you
85 Orc Hunter
Restrict future drops, but punishing players who already legitimately obtained the items is moronic.

It is a simple flag on the the items. To differentiate between when they were obtained before the restrictions went into place would be a lot more complicated and possibly would require a client-side patch to implement. It would appear the devs wanted these restrictions to go in asap.

I addressed this in my post. Maybe you should read the entire thing. A delayed roll-out with a client side patch is preferable, if required. I understand their decision completely (I worked in game development for 3 years), I just don't agree with it.
Edited by Flappy on 12/13/2011 11:10 AM PST
100 Draenei Paladin
12/13/2011 10:47 AMPosted by Dirtysecrets

Question, is this true for Gurhalak?

Because reports say that it is not tagged as such in game, or in the Dungeon Journal at least.

I would like to know this too as that is what I have heard also.

Would still like to hear something on this, even if it's just a "I don't know."

Because it's worrisome that everyone else may be able to enjoy these new rules while some Hunter may still run off with my Strength Weapon. :(
85 Tauren Shaman
To help illustrate how stupid this is for those of you not getting it....

Ledger of Revolting Rituals

Used to be able to use it on my RESTO SHAMAN

Now I can't.

Stupid.
Edited by Shamû on 12/13/2011 11:10 AM PST
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
from my testing, it seems http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/78487

Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps (raid Finder version) still has no class restriction. This is including a freshly cleared item cache and fresh tooltip pulled from server, all other items pulled correct class restricted tooltips

more discussion on it is here

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3730153596?page=1
Edited by Omegal on 12/13/2011 11:12 AM PST
85 Human Warrior
You should probably post this in the general forums
85 Tauren Shaman
Not everybody who got these items is a Ninja. I got Ledger of Revolting Rituals, a perfectly acceptable upgrade to my previous OH. Spent the gold to gem it and buy enchanting mats...now its worthless.
/sadface
This warrants a huge

THANK YOU! <3
12/13/2011 10:54 AMPosted by Trogdoroth
while im glad to see some action on the (very predictable) disaster that is the LFR loot system, I have to ask why in blazes you didn't do something like this before it went live?

Maybe they had hope this community could be better than it is?

They should probably abandon their naive (friendliest word I could come up with) ideals with respect to human nature and game design. They understand people will take the path of least resistance, but expect 25 random, totally anonymous and unaccountable strangers to not just poke the need button whenever it lights up? Yea right, there is NO WAY they could have predicted this outcome... /eyeroll
92 Human Death Knight
12/13/2011 11:08 AMPosted by Flappy
I addressed this in my post. Maybe you should read the entire thing. A delayed roll-out with a client side patch is preferable, if required. I understand their decision completely (I worked in game development for 3 years), I just don't agree with it.

I did read it. My point was it appears the devs wanted this to go in asap and they did not appear to want to wait for a client-side patch to implement a more complicated solution.
100 Tauren Hunter
Some items were recently reclassified. You may find yourself in possession of one of these items and are no longer able to use it.

If this item replaced another and you need Game Master assistance to recover your old item, please place a petition with the new item name, that you can no long use it - and the old item name you need restored.

The following are the items that have changed with new/changed class restrictions (LFR Versions).

Weapons
  • Razor Saronite Chip - Rogue
  • Electrowing Dagger - Rogue
  • Finger of Zon'ozz - Mage, Priest, Warlock
  • Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth - Hunter
  • No'Kaled - Shaman, Rogue
  • Kiril - Druid, Hunter
  • Blade of the Unmaker - Rogue
  • Rathrak - Druid, Mage, Priest, Shaman, Warlock
  • Maw of the Dragonlord - Druid, Paladin, Priest, Shaman
  • Titahk - Druid, Mage, Priest, Shaman, Warlock
  • Gurthalak - Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior
  • Souldrinker- Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior
  • Trinkets
  • Indomitable Pride - Death Knight, Druid, Paladin, Warrior
  • Bone-Link Fetish - Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior
  • Windward Heart - Druid, Paladin, Priest, Shaman
  • Cunning of the Cruel - Druid, Mage, Priest, Shaman, Warlock
  • Vial of Shadows - Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue
  • Resolve of Undying - Death Knight, Druid, Paladin, Warrior
  • Eye of Unmaking - Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior
  • Heart of Unliving - Druid, Paladin, Priest, Shaman
  • Will of Unbinding - Druid, Mage, Priest, Shaman, Warlock
  • Wrath of Unchaining - Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue
  • Starcatcher Compass - Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue
  • Crech of the Final Dragon - Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior
  • Insignia of the Corrupted Mind - Druid, Mage, Priest, Shaman, Warlock
  • Soulshifter Vortex - Death Knight, Druid, Paladin, Warrior
  • Seal of the Seven Signs - Druid, Paladin, Priest, Shaman
  • Shields
  • Timepiece of the Bronze Flight - Paladin, Shaman
  • Blackhorn's Mighty Bulwark - Paladin, Warrior
  • Rings
  • Hardheart Ring - Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior
  • Breathstealer Band - Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior
  • Signet of Suturing - Druid, Paladin, Priest, Shaman
  • Infinite Loop - Druid, Mage, Priest, Shaman, Warlock
  • Seal of Primordial Shadow - Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue
  • Curled Twilight Claw - Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior
  • Ring of the Riven - Druid, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Shaman, Warlock
  • Signet of Grasping Mouths - Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue
  • Offhand
  • Ledger of Revolting Rituals - Druid, Priest
  • Neck
  • Petrified Fungal Heart - Druid, Paladin, Priest, Shaman
  • Chest
  • Robe of Glowing Stone - Priest

• But... EVERY weapon is a hunter weapon!
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]