Items - New Class Restrictions 12/13/2011

(Locked)

90 Worgen Rogue
GREAT WORK!

Lets hope they keep it this way for future content as well.
85 Tauren Warrior
12/13/2011 10:26 AMPosted by Orlyia
Souldrinker- Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior

Does the role bonus still work as before? I can see DK, warrior dps get bonus on this as well as the tanks, but are ret pallies still getting bonus on souldrinker?

Also, the spirit accessories were tagged as healer gears. DPS could not get role bonus (at least shadow could not from what I have seen). Does this still apply along with this class restriction?
90 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2011 10:26 AMPosted by Orlyia
Ledger of Revolting Rituals - Druid, Priest

Would it be possible for Timepiece of the Bronze Flight to get a socket then so that it's at the very least as good as Ledger for Shaman?
85 Worgen Rogue
12/13/2011 11:29 AMPosted by Grunul
Souldrinker- Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior

Does the role bonus still work as before? I can see DK, warrior dps get bonus on this as well as the tanks, but are ret pallies still getting bonus on souldrinker?

Also, the spirit accessories were tagged as healer gears. DPS could not get role bonus (at least shadow could not from what I have seen). Does this still apply along with this class restriction?

I'm very curious about that second bit. I had the ledger drop while on my shadow priest and I didn't get the roll bonus. Spirit for hit, haste secondary with a red gem slot; that thing is PERFECT for shadow.
90 Draenei Paladin
from my testing, it seems http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/78487

Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps (raid Finder version) still has no class restriction. This is including a freshly cleared item cache and fresh tooltip pulled from server, all other items pulled correct class restricted tooltips

more discussion on it is here

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3730153596?page=1

/sigh

Please address this Blizzard.
90 Draenei Shaman
So shamans cannot roll on intel/spirit off-hand? That is ridiculous. Yes, I like to wear a shield but mine is 359 and that would be a great upgrade. Next: We can't roll on staves?
85 Tauren Shaman
Feral Druid Tanks really have the worst of it in this system. They don't have the luxury of wearing "tank" classified gear, and have to share with so many other people rolling, on top of being on the token with the most classes. Rough stuff.
85 Tauren Shaman
12/13/2011 11:35 AMPosted by Songflower
So shamans cannot roll on intel/spirit off-hand? That is ridiculous. Yes, I like to wear a shield but mine is 359 and that would be a great upgrade. Next: We can't roll on staves?

How do you think people like me feel, who won the item and purchased a gem and enchant on it?

Oh well, it led to the inevitable:

This message is being sent to confirm that all credit card information has been removed from the World of Warcraft account -------, effectively cancelling its recurring subscription as of 12/13/2011 18:56:45. The account will not bill or renew any further unless new payment information (credit card or game card) is manually entered in.
90 Draenei Shaman
from my testing, it seems http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/78487

Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps (raid Finder version) still has no class restriction. This is including a freshly cleared item cache and fresh tooltip pulled from server, all other items pulled correct class restricted tooltips

more discussion on it is here

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3730153596?page=1

/sigh

Please address this Blizzard.

Other than Orilya's post saying that a UI refresh SHOULD show the restrictions.. do we have anyone who has any of the items that are locked out of them, that DOES show the restrictions on it?

It is quite possible that NONE of them are showing, and this it is restricted as proper.
14 Night Elf Hunter
Like I said in another thread: this is a 25-man raid that drops I think 20 pieces of armor. Why not just give out a satchel to everybody with a piece the class/spec can use or better a token to be exchanged. That would stop the qq.
85 Dwarf Shaman
I also won the Ledger of Revolting Rituals. Now, I have to go back to a 353 shield. Doesn't make sense, and I'm not too tickled about this.
90 Draenei Shaman
How do you think people like me feel, who won the item and purchased a gem and enchant on it?

Oh well, it led to the inevitable:

This message is being sent to confirm that all credit card information has been removed from the World of Warcraft account -------, effectively cancelling its recurring subscription as of 12/13/2011 18:56:45. The account will not bill or renew any further unless new payment information (credit card or game card) is manually entered in.

It is your call weither you quit or not over this... in the end, its a few pixels.. that you will have to get something else instead.
It is your choice if this is the be all end of of ruining the game for you, and that you will not find any other fun in the game over it.

But posting that you are quiting, will not get blizzard to change it for you.
90 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2011 11:42 AMPosted by Pumpkin
This was just the wrong way to go about this and I hope they have a serious rethink when it comes to any new raids LFR or not.

This ends up being a you win some you loose some scenario.. you cant please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

Most of these changes, stemmed from people complaining about the need before greed (with bonus) roll system covering too many classes and people whos it was the not optimal, getting the bonus, and winning over some who it was more designed for. There was ALOT of complaints about this.

So they are working on a way to tweek it to fix this. Has it affect a group of others negatively? Yes.. but more or less than the negative ways before?
90 Human Death Knight
Why? To give people less added reason to go? I agree that they should restrict Need rolls to classes items are best for. But, making it so people can't use items they get with Greed rolls cuts down on people wanting to raid for other than BiS reasons.

The non-LFR versions are unaffected. This solution looks like it strikes a balance between the desire to run LFR and the desire to run non-LFR raids.

Imagine if all previous raids were like this. Would anyone be going back to them now for mogging items?

Again, the non-LFR version are not affected. Even if this system was implemented at Vanilla launch, players could still run non-LFR versions of old raids for transmog purposes.
85 Gnome Priest
Doesn't affect me since I run with guild when loot is on the line, but seriously...LFR is gonna go down as one of the best things added to the game. Like where it's headed.
87 Blood Elf Mage
Offhand
  • Ledger of Revolting Rituals - Druid, Priest

• Please revert immediately. This is unnecessarily restrictive. Just because Paladins and Shaman can use shield is not grounds to remove the ability for them to use this item.
    Edited by Celestie on 12/13/2011 11:49 AM PST
    90 Draenei Shaman
    Offhand
  • Ledger of Revolting Rituals - Druid, Priest

• Please revert immediately. This is unnecessarily restrictive. Just because Paladins and Shaman can use shield is not grounds to remove the ability for them to use this item.

This too.
    90 Human Paladin
    This was needed. Good job
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]