Items - New Class Restrictions 12/13/2011

(Locked)

100 Draenei Shaman
Offhand
  • Ledger of Revolting Rituals - Druid, Priest

• Please revert immediately. This is unnecessarily restrictive. Just because Paladins and Shaman can use shield is not grounds to remove the ability for them to use this item.

They are still working on the system.. and futher changes MAY be made.. but not likely an imediate reversal, at min will requre a maintenance or restart to apply like it was today.

As a shaman, i am potentialy affected, yes. But can i see why in the end? Sure.. only a pally and shaman can roll on a spell shield, plus these offhands prior to this... a priest druid could ONLY do these.
    They are trying to even out the loot distribution.
    85 Tauren Warrior
    Offhand
  • Ledger of Revolting Rituals - Druid, Priest

• Please revert immediately. This is unnecessarily restrictive. Just because Paladins and Shaman can use shield is not grounds to remove the ability for them to use this item.

Agree. Just because I can use spirit as hit does not mean I cannot roll for hit gear.
    90 Human Hunter
    Is it only the LFR version of [item x] or is it every version of [item x] ?
    12/13/2011 11:10 AMPosted by Shamû
    Used to be able to use it on my RESTO SHAMAN

Shams can use shields, go find one.
    MVP - Technical Support
    100 Human Warrior

Other than Orilya's post saying that a UI refresh SHOULD show the restrictions.. do we have anyone who has any of the items that are locked out of them, that DOES show the restrictions on it?

It is quite possible that NONE of them are showing, and this it is restricted as proper.

I did do a UI refresh, as my post clearly states, i dumped the item cache and retrieved FRESH tooltips from the server, every item classification change tooltip was updated except this one. With a fresh pull from server it still has no class restriction. Since i'm a warrior, naturaly i can roll need and equip it as well. So if it has a restriction then i would not know via those means. But i can tell you my tooltip is accurate and current.

EDIT, it must have quickly been fixed later on in day. retrieving another fresh tooltip showed class restrictions now.
    Edited by Omegal on 12/13/2011 11:51 PM PST
    100 Draenei Shaman
    12/13/2011 11:55 AMPosted by Nightwinds
    Is it only the LFR version of [item x] or is it every version of [item x] ?

Only LFR.. regular and heroic versions are NOT affected by this.
    100 Draenei Shaman

Other than Orilya's post saying that a UI refresh SHOULD show the restrictions.. do we have anyone who has any of the items that are locked out of them, that DOES show the restrictions on it?

It is quite possible that NONE of them are showing, and this it is restricted as proper.

I did do a UI refresh, as my post clearly states, i dumped the item cache and retrieved FRESH tooltips from the server, every item classification change tooltip was updated except this one. With a fresh pull from server it still has no class restriction.

Sorry, missed that (or miss read) :)

Huh.. they must have missed appying it to one. :P
    100 Draenei Paladin
    Huh.. they must have missed appying it to one. :P

Which is going to be an absolute nightmare for those of us that can use that weapon, made all the worse with other people enjoying the new rules around us.
    85 Blood Elf Hunter
    This is an idiotic way to accomplish this change.

I obtained TWO Blade of the Unmaker from the same Madness of Deathwing kill, and can no longer use either. We group-queued with over 20 members from our guild, and not a single rogue was present who would have used these items (big surprise: you give freebie welfare stage1 legendary daggers to every rogue - why do these even exist?). Yes, I vendored my previous weapon(s?), and I don't even recall what it was. No, I don't want to wait FOUR DAYS EIGHTEEN HOURS (in-game ticket reply time estimate) for a GM to give me back an item I will have already replaced.

Restrict future drops, but punishing players who already legitimately obtained the items is moronic. This change would have been far better accomplished by creating a new version of these items with a different item ID that is class restricted, and removing the old non-restricted version from the loot table. Maybe that requires a client-side patch, but that's still better than the implementation you decided on.

THIS. Blizzard has just effectively ripped off a lot of people, not only for the items, but for the gold spent gemming and enchanting. Good job, Blizz. Way to show your customers how very important they are.
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    So now the spirit/int off-hand I won, gemmed, enchanted and have been using is now uselessly sitting in my bags. Paladins have always been able to use off-hands since the days of classic when we had our int books. Retro-actively removing an item from someone who got it legitimately and is in fact my BiS LFR off-hand is ridiculous. This is something a dev team from a game thats been out for 7 years should know better. I not only wasted a boatload of gold, but I don't have an off-hand anymore.
    12/13/2011 10:54 AMPosted by Trogdoroth
    while im glad to see some action on the (very predictable) disaster that is the LFR loot system, I have to ask why in blazes you didn't do something like this before it went live?

Maybe they had hope this community could be better than it is?

yeah..........

wish they would have simply fixed their LFR system rather than apply a mass blanket fix... because what happens when NOBODY needs the polearm(except the warrior/dk/paladin... and it is a major upgrade compared to what they were using.) and on a lucky greed/DE roll... the warrior/dk/paladin wins it.... rather than just clicking DE? that warrior/DK/Paladin cant use their upgrade...

and dont spout the 'but they no has use of agility' BS .... enhancement's BEST IN SLOT item last tier was a caster mace.. with the system listed in OP... that shaman just lost their best in slot to a DE... or even if they won it by somehow beating 25 people in the Greed/DE roll..... they can no longer wield it...

should have simply fixed the roll system in LFR and allowed those who won it already to use it....

*havent done LFR this week* But I know that if the roll system hasnt been fixed... people will still click need on it (for mogg... to DE, or to be a jerk and vendor it)
    35 Gnome Warlock
    rofl

so now they're telling people what they can roll on. you guys who are complaining can just join something called a "guild". I know it's a slowly dying thing in this game but at least it's less of a hassle than this.

besides LFR was for people to see content, not loot. Nobody should even be complaining about this in the first place.
    12/13/2011 12:08 PMPosted by Mckillsalot
    So now the spirit/int off-hand I won, gemmed, enchanted and have been using is now uselessly sitting in my bags. Paladins have always been able to use off-hands since the days of classic when we had our int books. Retro-actively removing an item from someone who got it legitimately and is in fact my BiS LFR off-hand is ridiculous. This is something a dev team from a game thats been out for 7 years should know better. I not only wasted a boatload of gold, but I don't have an off-hand anymore.
    the days of shaman and paladins using shields instead of offhands is long gone.... it allowed them to take an extra hit or two 'back in the day'

yeah... that day is long gone.. if you somehow get aggro.... a shield wont help you in the slightest lol...

blizzard is getting lazy and/or not playing the game they are designing anymore...

they keep making retarded decisions and taking the easy way out with blanket fixes (instead of fixing the loot system... they added the nerf/restrictions)
    85 Blood Elf Paladin
    in the case of the ledger and the healing shield for pallys its debatable what item is better, guilds such as blood legion have their pallys use the ledger but now I cant use mine
    100 Draenei Shaman
    12/13/2011 12:19 PMPosted by Taggthemage
    wish they would have simply fixed their LFR system rather than apply a mass blanket fix

12/13/2011 12:23 PMPosted by Taggthemage
    they keep making retarded decisions and taking the easy way out with blanket fixes (instead of fixing the loot system... they added the nerf/restrictions)

What is this magic FIX you are talking about.. everyone says they need to FIX it but not HOW.. just that it DOES need to be fixed.

This is the first step in doing so.. it FIXES a majority of the loot going to the classes that are not optimised for it.. which was the complaint before today.
    85 Blood Elf Paladin
    but the thing is in the case of the ledger it is actually more viable for the classes that were banned from using it that the shield is
    90 Tauren Warrior
    12/13/2011 12:29 PMPosted by Reenela
    What is this magic FIX you are talking about.. everyone says they need to FIX it but not HOW.. just that it DOES need to be fixed.

The fix is to not allow the need button to show up if it's an Agi item and you're a Str user (warrior/paladin/DK) and so on, not to put actual restrictions on the loot (aka build the logic into the need before greed mechanism, so that you could still use the loot if you we're to win the greed roll, get it traded to you, etc.).
    Edited by Pukka on 12/13/2011 12:33 PM PST
    90 Draenei Shaman
    ok, so your telling me that this weekend I looted the 390 axe from deathwing, and i cannot use it now because of the change even though I am a shaman? So the reclass took away all the items from all characters, or only characters that didnt qualify for the item?

I'm at work and am trying to understand if I will be able to use it when i sign in tonight.....
    100 Draenei Mage
    Offhand
    Ledger of Revolting Rituals - Druid, Priest

This is surely an oversight or a mistake. Restoration / Elemental Shaman and Holy Paladins have ALWAYS been able to use offhands instead of shields. This one is flat out better itemized than the shield that drops for the casting specs of both classes.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]