Items - New Class Restrictions 12/13/2011

(Locked)

85 Goblin Shaman
12/13/2011 01:28 PMPosted by Jubba
i hear there is a perfectly acceptable 378 shield out of the new heroics for you.

This would be exactly like saying since warlocks can use caster swords, they can no longer roll on daggers. Even though the dagger should be perfectly fine and in fact might be itemized better, should a sword exist that warlock should only be allowed to roll on the sword.

No, it is not exactly the same thing. While it can be argued that the armor doesn't add much to survivability in a raid setting, the fact remains that if an off-hand and a shield were itemized exactly the same, the shield would be the superior choice for shaman and paladins. For a warlock, if a dagger and a sword were itemized exactly the same, there would be no advantage in one over the other.

This is not an apples-to-apples comparison.
90 Troll Death Knight
12/13/2011 01:34 PMPosted by Øtaku

This would be exactly like saying since warlocks can use caster swords, they can no longer roll on daggers. Even though the dagger should be perfectly fine and in fact might be itemized better, should a sword exist that warlock should only be allowed to roll on the sword.

There equalizing out the number of people rolling on specific items. deal with it.

And how wouldn't that be "equalizing out" the number of people rolling of specific items?

I hate to be Captain Jerkwad here but, everyone keeps crying "Ledger BiS Ledger BiS", there isn't a single 384 item that's "BiS".

If you were really so concerned over BiS you'd be aiming higher than LFR. Where, might I add, you can get and use the ledger.

It's a valid criticism that the Timepiece could be better itemized / have a socket, but the fact stands--LFR loot is still pretty low-tier as things go, and it's more fair with the restrictions as they are. And fairness is more important than another 50 HPS or whatever piddly amount the "BiS" difference is.

Overall it would have been far better to just give the role bonus only for qualifying classes that the item "makes sense" for, while still letting "suboptimal" classes Need on it. But I can't deny a certain glee over a certain hunter not being able to use the dagger she outrolled me on.

See, this is a perfectly reasonable argument I can deal with. The druid is just trolling, hopefully.
85 Night Elf Hunter
If all this does is piss off loot ninjas then it'll be worth it.
90 Tauren Shaman
But now I can't transmog Robe of Glowing Stone on my mage, and before you ask, I won it with the "greed" option.... oh thanks a lot...
70 Dwarf Shaman
Scumbag Blizzard:
Makes Ledger of Revolting Rituals best in slot for shamans and paladins.
Only useable by druids and priests.
100 Worgen Mage
OOB
Might I ask why there are soooo many Rogue only weapons, if they're all going to be getting the precursor to the legendary anyway?
85 Draenei Death Knight
But there's no shield in LFR...

Yeah there is. Timepiece of the Bronze Flight

Yeah, with a drop rate that is similar to the odds of me hitting the powerball when it goes about 100 million.
90 Draenei Shaman
Blizz wouldnt have done it if they diddnt think the items were balanced.

You'd be surprised. In this case it's obvious that the items aren't balanced, and that one is certainly better than the other.

yeah you can put gems in the offhand... for 200g (superior) or 5k gold (epics) all you have to do is slap an enchant on it.

Why wouldn't you put at least a superior gem in it if you had it? You act like 200g is a hardship :S

i still disagree with this being reverted. its fine as it is.

We'll have to agree to disagree then >.>

12/13/2011 01:30 PMPosted by Laodan
It's a valid criticism that the Timepiece could be better itemized / have a socket

Isn't it also a valid criticism that we shouldn't be pigeon-holed into using an inferior item just because we CAN use it?
Edited by Gistwiki on 12/13/2011 1:46 PM PST
90 Troll Death Knight
12/13/2011 01:37 PMPosted by Trelis
if an off-hand and a shield were itemized exactly the same, the shield would be the superior choice for shaman and paladins

Not really, because as you said, the difference would be negligible. For example, if the shaman or paladin was already using the offhand, and the shield dropped? If no one else needed it, it would probably be sharded unless it looked prettier. I've seen it happen. The difference is negligible. So yes, there is a difference, and yet that difference doesn't actually make a difference.
90 Tauren Druid
Scumbag Blizzard:

LFR items: Totally best in slot.
90 Tauren Shaman
Scumbag Blizzard:

Damn I didn't notice that.... sigh, now that's stupid.
70 Dwarf Shaman
Scumbag Blizzard:

If you're the type of casual player this system was designed for then yes, it is absolutely best in slot.
85 Tauren Paladin
This does not fix anything with how the looting system is broken right now. It's as if you had a limb chopped off and tried to fix it with a small band-aid...

What needs to change is how the loot system determines the bonus rolls and being able to tell the difference between a tank or a dps via class and role not just one or the other.
90 Gnome Warlock
The tears of the ignorant and ninjaing trolls...

So delicious.
90 Troll Death Knight
Blizz wouldnt have done it if they diddnt think the items were balanced.

Because Blizzard NEVER makes itemization mistakes.

Because Blizzard NEVER reverts said mistakes.

(They have, and they have. Would you like some examples?)
90 Tauren Druid
12/13/2011 01:45 PMPosted by Ðeathwaggle

Yeah there is. Timepiece of the Bronze Flight

Yeah, with a drop rate that is similar to the odds of me hitting the powerball when it goes about 100 million.

<3 ur name.

them's the dumps friend. i feelt the same way throught T11 when Malevolence would consistantly not drop for my druid, but allways drop in whatever raid my guild ran that my druid was not in.

12/13/2011 01:45 PMPosted by Gistwiki
Why wouldn't you put at least a superior gem in it if you had it? You act like 200g is a hardship :S

and you act like a LFR item is the absolute end of the world. go raid a reg mode and get the offhand from there. i guarentee its an upgrade over both LFR offhands.

85 Goblin Mage
If you look at the stats on the off hand and the shield you get more intellect from the off hand then you do from the shield... ie the offhand would be better. And i believe in other item levels is BIS for Holy Paladins and Resto Shamans.
100 Tauren Shaman
Check Atlasloot or even the dungeon journal, this only affects LFR loot.
90 Tauren Druid

If you're the type of casual player this system was designed for then yes, it is absolutely best in slot.

LFR is to see content, not get the absolute best items you can get.

and if your only doing LFR, then the shield is now BiS because its the best item YOU CAN GET.

this entire argument is rediculous!

1: if LFR is the best raid you can do because of time/etc then dont worry about it! the difference is MARGINAL if all your doing is LFR!

2: if your doing reg/heroic DS then just get the higher up one! again, NO BIG DEAL!

the community for this game willl cry and complain and act as if any tiny change is the complete END OF THE WORLD i swear.

think this way instead:
Str/Agi toons cant ninja anything from you anymore.

isnt that worth it?
90 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2011 01:49 PMPosted by Øtaku
and you act like a LFR item is the absolute end of the world.

For the type of people LFR was designed for (you know, people who're unable to raid normals because of time/skill restrictions) it IS the end of the world...?

12/13/2011 01:52 PMPosted by Øtaku
this entire argument is rediculous!

Your entire argument is as ridiculous as your ability to spell the word ridiculous?
Edited by Gistwiki on 12/13/2011 1:55 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]