Items - New Class Restrictions 12/13/2011

(Locked)

85 Goblin Mage

Wrong.. Assuming you put a Red Int Gem in the OH, you end up netting almost 40 more int...

Shield:
240int
360sta
160spi
160haste
40int enchant
TOTAL
280int
360sta
160Haste

OH:
220int
360sta
152spi
146haste
+50 Int (Red Gem Slot with Epic Gem)
+10 Socket Bonus
+40int Enchant
TOTAL -
320int (310 without epic gem)
360sta
152Spirit
146haste

One of these is clearly better........... (PvE Wise, as Armor doesnt matter much in PvE)
what do you mean clearly? how come you conveniently didn't count the spirit on the shield?

Because its 8 spirit and 40 Int > 8 spirit all day.
Even if you use a 40 Int gem. The 30 Int gain > loss of 8 spirit.
Edited by Meril on 12/13/2011 2:17 PM PST
85 Goblin Mage
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Just one observation...can this ring please have hunter removed from it? It's got expertise! It's not a hunter ring!

Seal of Primordial Shadow - Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue

I think its funny that people are fighting us on the off hand vs shield when Blizzard is going to let Hunters need roll plus on a ring with expertise.
90 Tauren Druid
then i have to ask:

why do YOU care?

Because I care about people other than myself. Fancy that.

interesting because all i hear in here is this

"Pala or shaman:

THIS SUCKS I HATE YOU IM LOSING 20 INT AND ITS NOT FAIR!!!!!!"

"Other players:

Thanks blizzard, this is a good step to help prevent ninjaing"

"Pala or shaman:

NO ITS NOT ITS TERRIBLE AND IM GOING TO QUIT"

if you really thought about others, you'd be applauding this change, and opening a ticket to suggest that the shield thing wasnt the best idea.
instead most paladins and shamans are shooting down the entire idea because of a loss of 20 int.

90 Human Death Knight
How about making it so one person can't win all 3 weapon drops off Deathwing and leave raid, and I mean all 3 of the same weapon that they would only be able to use one of anyways..
85 Goblin Mage

"Pala or shaman:

"Other players:

"Pala or shaman:

if you really thought about others, you'd be applauding this change, and opening a ticket to suggest that the shield thing wasnt the best idea.
instead most paladins and shamans are shooting down the entire idea because of a loss of 20 int.

We aren't shooting down the entire idea. It is a much needed change but Blizzard could have made some smarter choices. Like the expertise ring that hunters can need on and not letting Paladins and Shamans need roll on the offhand. What they should do if they want to keep it this way is normalize the stats on the offhand and the shield. That would be the best way to do it IMO.
90 Tauren Druid
12/13/2011 02:20 PMPosted by Chemicals
How about making it so one person can't win all 3 weapon drops off Deathwing and leave raid, and I mean all 3 of the same weapon that they would only be able to use one of anyways..

there going to strap the third one to there head. xD

i agree with that. you shouldnt be able to win 3x one item.

then again when only like 4 or 5 items drop, you shouldnt have 3x 1 item dropping.
57 Draenei Paladin

"Pala or shaman:

"Other players:

"Pala or shaman:

Did you seriously just suggest they open a ticket and waste somebody's time to give feedback?

Instead of posting their feedback in this thread, where it belongs? Where the blue would direct them in the first place? Who are you to say people who disagree with you have no place voicing their feedback right here where it belongs?

Not all of the shamans and paladins in this thread think the entire idea should be scrapped. Some are merely pointing out there's a possible oversight in itemization.
Edited by Zoa on 12/13/2011 2:25 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Warrior
12/13/2011 02:20 PMPosted by Chemicals

We heard you like swords on your swords...
90 Tauren Druid

We aren't shooting down the entire idea. It is a much needed change but Blizzard could have made some smarter choices. Like the expertise ring that hunters can need on and not letting Paladins and Shamans need roll on the offhand. What they should do if they want to keep it this way is normalize the stats on the offhand and the shield. That would be the best way to do it IMO.

look back 6 pages. every third post at least is a paladin or shaman flipping out over the offhand.

you'd think the sky was falling and the world ending over one piece of LFR loot.

Enjoy your discussion (read: complaining if you are a pala or shaman) folks, im off for some exercise before my DS raid this evening
57 Draenei Paladin
12/13/2011 02:26 PMPosted by Øtaku
im off for some exercise before my DS raid this evening

I heard the WoW forums are your blog.
90 Tauren Druid

Did you seriously just suggest they open a ticket and waste somebody's time to give feedback?

Instead of posting their feedback in this thread, where it belongs? Where the blue would direct them in the first place? Who are you to say people who disagree with you have no place voicing their feedback right here where it belongs?

Not all of the shamans and paladins in this thread think the entire idea should be scrapped. Some are merely pointing out there's a possible oversight in itemization.

thought you were ignoring me ;)

read my last post before this one. ciao :)
90 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2011 02:20 PMPosted by Øtaku

Note where I said earlier in the thread that I agree with the rest of the changes (except that perhaps they could've made it more obvious that Souldrinker is better for STR wielders than No'kaled and added another SMF/DW Frost option somewhere within the raid) and that while Ledger is minor, it is still certainly an issue (and one that could be fixed through altering the shield and not only through reversing the change that was already made.)

I did that back when the rogue (who while he disagrees with me expressed his views in a rational and non-aggressive manner) that stated that the way it is now is fine stated his views.

It has also come to my attention that the Agi ring with expertise ring should be altered as well to not include Hunters.

12/13/2011 02:20 PMPosted by Øtaku

All in all I'd suggest reading my posts again, because if this is all you're taking away from it then you missed the point of what I was trying to say.

Edit: If you'd like, I can restate my entire point of view in my next post now that I'm out of the LFR. It occurs to me that I've been a little short b/c I was tanking LFR on my dk and there are so many "go go go go go go go" personalities in there I haven't had any time for anything but short replies for the past 2ish hours.
Edited by Gistwiki on 12/13/2011 2:33 PM PST
90 Draenei Priest
Offhand
Ledger of Revolting Rituals - Druid, Priest

Dear Blizzard, I hope you reconsider this to add shaman and paladin to this item, as it is actually better for them than the shield is. You have never before said a paladin and shaman can't use an offhand as a shield, and in some tiers the offhand has been better itemized than the caster shield. This is the case with this tier.
100 Undead Rogue
I'm glad for this change too!

Except the continued ability for elemental shamans and moonkin druids to roll a Need+ to agi items since there's no way at the moment to separate druid/shaman dps specs without implementing the upcoming changes that are already planned next xpac. I've been in several LFR runs where ele shamans have won agi things over feral druids, rogues, enhance shamans and hunters >.> But haven't seen a boomkin pull the same thing yet, maybe they have a better code of honor.

Of course the reverse is feral/enhance rolling on int gear - but I personally have yet to see that happen.

Only minor quibbles are the ability for hunters to roll need on a ring with expertise >.> And for some reason while I was on my ele shaman last week, I was ineligible to roll a need+ for a spirit neck. Spirit = hit for ele shamans (and boomkins too), so I'm confused as to why that's happening.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Offhand
  • Ledger of Revolting Rituals - Druid, Priest

• Please revert immediately. This is unnecessarily restrictive. Just because Paladins and Shaman can use shield is not grounds to remove the ability for them to use this item.

Also, I'm not sure if it has been brought up in this thread but Seal of Primordial Shadow probably should not be wearable by a hunter considering it has expertise on it.

Edited by Fearmønger on 12/13/2011 2:50 PM PST
    100 Human Paladin
    Humm...Hunters can roll on an expertise ring. Who's bright idea is this?

Instead of this how about tying roll bonus into some sort of dps meter? Dps that can't break 20k lose their roll bonus, heals who can't break 10khps lose their roll bonus. Give the gear to those that earn it over those that just roll their face back and forth over their keyboards. It'll solve the problem of who gets to roll on what since the ones who can't break 10k dps were the ones hitting the need button on anything the could.
    100 Troll Hunter
    12/13/2011 11:01 AMPosted by Flappy
    obtained TWO Blade of the Unmaker from the same Madness of Deathwing kill

Good thing DWing hasn't been good since.....I think ICC? I really can't remember.

Oh I don't know...the fact that it's our BiS if you don't do normals/Heroics/don't have the rep ring/etc? It's not our fault Blizzard created a ring that's BiS for us which sadly has expertise on it.
    Edited by Naumu on 12/13/2011 2:44 PM PST
    100 Undead Mage
    Pox
    Some items were recently reclassified. You may find yourself in possession of one of these items and are no longer able to use it.

If this item replaced another and you need Game Master assistance to recover your old item, please place a petition with the new item name, that you can no longer use it - and the old item name you need restored.

I've just been made aware that this sticky exists. I'll just reference my thread on the subject here, for the record, rather than reiterate.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3730153845

TL;DR: not opposed to changes in the NbG system, but thoroughly displeased with the retroactive way you've gone about this. The sentiment expressed by your MVP on page one of this thread is also disconcerting considering what has, to my knowledge, always been your GMs completely opposite position on NbG. Hope you'll revisit these policies at some point in the future.

Adios.
    90 Draenei Shaman
    12/13/2011 02:43 PMPosted by Naumu
    Oh I don't know...the fact that it's our BiS if you don't do normals/Heroics/don't have the rep ring/etc? It's not our fault Blizzard created a ring that's BiS for us which sadly has expertise on it.

Wouldn't a combination of Signet of Grasping Mouths - LFR Hagara & Emergency Descent Loop - Valor Points be better?
    57 Draenei Paladin
    12/13/2011 02:43 PMPosted by Naumu
    obtained TWO Blade of the Unmaker from the same Madness of Deathwing kill

Good thing DWing hasn't been good since.....I think ICC? I really can't remember.

That's apparently not a valid reason, because the ledger is BiS for shamans and paladins who don't do normals or heroics.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]