LFR Atonement Healers Denied BiS Trinket?

85 Blood Elf Priest
First I would like to clarify that if you wish to discuss more on the topic of atonement healing and it's viability please direct your comments to this thread:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595576829

The purpose of this thread is to discuss whether or not you believe Will of Unbinding is best in slot for the atonement healing, described in the forum thread I linked originally, and/or how it could be fixed to allow us access to it in LFR. Here is the item I discuss:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=77975

First let me start by saying that I believe this trinket is the bomb. It's "proc" literally provides the intellect of nearly two "static" trinkets from the same raid level and it isn't difficult to juggle the stacks as atonement if you're Smiting at least once between your HF cool down and casting HF off cool down. (more on how the HF and Smiting is used, again, should be discussed in the forum topic at the beginning of this thread)

I believe the solution for blizzard's item stealing complication could easily be solved by forcing the roll bonus to be provided by talents at the time of the encounter. essentially snapshotting specs & glyphs during combat (so they can't be alterred) and basing the "Role bonus" off that. So a disc priest couldn't get the Will of unbinding unless he/she had the "Atonement" talent AND the "Glyph of Divine Accuracy"

Perhaps if that were too difficult to implement, a wish-list system could be implemented that is auto verified by the Role bonus system with a few modifications. (So wo don't miss out on our BiS trinket for example) then the current system, that checks for roll in the raid, would instead check for if it's on their wish list: "Yes it is...ok here is your +100!"

What do you think guys? Any ideas on either of these topics?

thank you
Edited by Immeral on 12/13/2011 6:31 PM PST
100 Gnome Priest
I would like that as Disc, yes, but really you should just roll DPS for the lockout for a chance to get it.
90 Goblin Priest
No.
It's clearly a dps trinket. While healers would benefit greatly from the Int, and AA/A priests would easily maintain those stacks; it's a dps trinket.
If you really want it just queue as dps and smite away.
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/13/2011 06:39 PMPosted by Iapetus

yeah I guess that would be a temporary solution i'd almost feel dirty doing it. Just to clarify does it base off what you quesd as or what your spec is? I'd have to respec to shadow wouldn't I?
85 Undead Priest
No.
It's clearly a dps trinket. While healers would benefit greatly from the Int, and AA/A priests would easily maintain those stacks; it's a dps trinket.

I did this yesterday.

#10 in dps too lolz

/flex
85 Blood Elf Priest
also note blizzard has partially solved the majority of problems but not for this situation: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3729953854

here's hoping I don't have to respec just for that trinket because that'll mean I miss out on any healing gear I might need
90 Goblin Priest
You can really just go as dps and stay in AA/A spec. You're obviously not going to do well but you'll probably (sadly) be middle of the pack, in addition to healing, so that's cool.

You should be able to roll (and get the bonus) on everything that drops that you would use as a healer with the exception of maybe Heart of Unliving.
90 Human Priest
Sorry Imm, but you already know I don't agree with you on this one; since I don't believe manipulating dps from Atonement is the proper way to go about healing as AA/A, I don't believe this is BiS trinket.

I'll definitely say again in the context of this post, which is separate from the lengthy discussion you & I have had on the other (non-trinket-centred thread) that I'm still no DS trinket expert; my opinion of the trinket is simply based upon not agreeing that the amount of Smiting necessary to juggle the stacking Int is worth the failure to apply the *rest* of the Disc tree talents achieveable only by minimizing Smiting.

I am more than willing to be swayed by WoL data analyzing AA/A healing with the trinket vs AA/A healing without the trinket, but until then, I will not consider it an appropriate trinket for us to roll on over dps.
90 Draenei Priest
It's a fine trinket for a Disc priest to get.

From their guild.

In a normal run.

After all the dps have it.

This.

As Disc I'm going to rock Heart of Unliving OR 391 Jaws of Defeat (both of which I have) and Seal of the Seven Signs (which I don't have yet) regardless of whether I'm smiting or not.

I wouldn't take this trinket from a DPS, and even if it got to the point where no DPS wanted it, I'd still probably hesitate a bit because my Smiting really varies, and chances are during times when I'd really want the boosted int, I wouldn't be able to maintain the stacks.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Holy fire is a 10 second CD which starts at the end of the cast (so 11-11.5 seconds). The trinkets duration is also 10 seconds. You cannot keep the trinket buff up or stack it with just holy fire on a normal healing rotation, like you would easily be able to do with a 20 second or a dot-based trinket. So basically, the trinket can only only be used if you are smiting continuously, which makes it terrible. It'd really sad, becuase the weight difference between healer trinkets and that DPS trinket is HUGE, if only it could be used.

Now, if it were theoretically usable via holy fire it would be another story. Since holy fire is used at all times, from the lightest to the heaviest healing periods, that would make the trinket all around usable. Now that Atonement is fixed so that it will work on any boss, there is no real reason you must spec out of it, which would make the theoretical trinket usable on all bosses as well. If that were the case, I would be totally behind Disc main-spec rolls on it, even over DPS. Unfortunately it's not.
87 Blood Elf Priest
It's a fine trinket for a Disc priest to get.

From their guild.

In a normal run.

After all the dps have it.

This.

As Disc I'm going to rock Heart of Unliving OR 391 Jaws of Defeat (both of which I have) and Seal of the Seven Signs (which I don't have yet) regardless of whether I'm smiting or not.

I wouldn't take this trinket from a DPS, and even if it got to the point where no DPS wanted it, I'd still probably hesitate a bit because my Smiting really varies, and chances are during times when I'd really want the boosted int, I wouldn't be able to maintain the stacks.

What ^ said. Also! Got my Seal tonight and I have my Heroic Jaws! The combination is sooooo amazing! You're gonna love it girl!
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/13/2011 07:12 PMPosted by Iapetus
You should be able to roll (and get the bonus) on everything that drops that you would use as a healer with the exception of maybe Heart of Unliving.

really? I thought that the bonus was due to your role, so being qued as dps would mean I couldn't roll on healer gear...oh wait...set pieces don't matter....and yeah all i'd miss out on are healer trinkets...so get my healer trinket and then start going as dps - you're a genious! I'm so happy

lol I kinda typed out my inner monologue there...awkward I use alot of tripple periods when I dictate my toughts...should I be concerned...lol anyway it's late and I need to get to bed!

12/14/2011 01:01 AMPosted by Subrosian
however this is Wrong Wrong gear (double wrong) because to use it you have to be playing badly.

Right or wrong is all in the eye of the beholder and from my play experience I have fun, we barely every wipe, and no one complains about my healing. Except *of course* for people who stand in stuff, marked as "Deadly" with a red skull in dungeon journal that you're supposed to gtfo out of, and wonder why I didn't keep them up :p
100 Dwarf Priest
LFR can't distinguish between specs, just roles and classes. I mean I lost out to the agility axe on my rogue to an elemental shaman so I emphasize - but programming LFR to recognize a specific spec would take too much work and cause too many problems. And look at the trinket, how many disc priests would actually get the full use out of it? You'd have to smite/holy nova almost continiously. What raid comp would let you get away with that?

85 Worgen Priest
I wish it was periodic damage like Necromantic Focus is. So nice.

I wish they would just make better trinket options so we wouldn't even have these arguements to begin with. Like making these "chance to heal the lowest party member" type trinkets and set bonuses also ALWAYS proc a shield. Nothing more frustrating to me than a low proc rate trinket or a set bonus procing off my pre-shielding and becoming nothing but overhealing.
90 Human Priest
however this is Wrong Wrong gear (double wrong) because to use it you have to be playing badly.

Right or wrong is all in the eye of the beholder and from my play experience I have fun, we barely every wipe, and no one complains about my healing. Except *of course* for people who stand in stuff, marked as "Deadly" with a red skull in dungeon journal that you're supposed to gtfo out of, and wonder why I didn't keep them up :p

Imm, you're going up against some of the better Disc priests *in the world* in Sotanaht and Subrosian (like, WoL & progression wise, not just my opinion about people who've been posting here for a while). And you are indeed claiming that the trinket is BiS for AA/A.

Edited to mention... apologies to any others here who might be world-class, but with whom I'm not familiar, lol ;)
Edited by Iritha on 12/14/2011 10:30 AM PST
90 Human Priest
To the OP,

Will of Unbinding should go to a dps class first IMO. To use it effectively as a disc AA/A priest you would have to fill in ~1 to ~2 second gap in your holy fire/smite rotation esp. during some DS boss fights. I guess one could throw one of your dots up there, but then you don't have the hit required to be 100% with it and most likely miss your target and thus lose mana either case. There are better trinkets out there for disc priests with static int +what ever bonus you get.

However, it sounds like your mind is made up. GL out there.
85 Human Priest
U realize there is a +484 (or there abouts) static intel trink that cranks over 2500 haste on heal proc right?

Roll on that one. the one u reference is 199% a dps trinket.
90 Pandaren Priest
OP: Looks like a DPS trinket....

Sure noone may have complaints about your healing OP....but lets face it...LFR is the super loot ship. Trying to smite only in a normal difficulty raid and I dont think you will still have people not compalain about your healing.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]