Looking For Raid—Need Plus Updates

Community Manager
As a part of the on-going evaluation of Looking For Raid and the loot system, we have recently implemented a change to the Looking For Raid Need Plus system. Weapons, trinkets, rings, neck pieces, shields, offhand items, and the Robe of Glowing Stone are now class-restricted to their intended users. With the speed at which a Raid Finder group moves through a zone, we’ve found that it makes it challenging for players to evaluate loot decisions – by class restricting these items, we hope that the natural behavior will have a more positive set of results for everyone involved. This change will not apply to normal or heroic raid or dungeon loot rules.

Raid Finder and Need Plus are both very new systems, and we’re working to iterate on these systems rapidly to ensure that everyone has the best possible experience as we learn more about how players are using the system. Please keep in mind that this system is not considered complete and we have further plans to improve upon it within Mists of Pandaria.

If you looted an item from Looking for Raid which replaced another and you need Game Master assistance to recover your old item, please place a petition with the new item name, that you can no longer use it - and the old item name you need restored. For more information on the affected items, please visit the Customer Support forums here- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3729953854#1

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Edited by Nethaera on 12/13/2011 1:51 PM PST
85 Goblin Mage
I have a question about Paladins and Shamans not being able to need on the offhand. Actually If you look at the stats on the off hand and the shield you get more intellect from the off hand then you do from the shield... ie the offhand would be better.
90 Orc Mage
Well done, and quite quickly might I add! I'm glad that this has been done, honestly. Now if only we could get a way to prevent someone from winning two items at once!

Raid Finder and Need Plus are both very new systems, and we’re working to iterate on these systems rapidly to ensure that everyone has the best possible experience as we learn more about how players are using the system. Please keep in mind that this system is not considered complete and we have further plans to improve upon it within Mists of Pandaria.

Could this mean that you're looking for ways to ensure no one can win two items at once!? *starts to make a happy face*
Edited by Nooble on 12/13/2011 1:49 PM PST
100 Dwarf Warrior
Awesome update. Thanks for keeping us informed, Neth. :)
90 Human Paladin
Ime not quite sure what you mean by this?

Would appreciate a little more explanation thanks
85 Tauren Druid
Joy of joys, thank you!!!
85 Tauren Druid
Ime not quite sure what you mean by this?

Would appreciate a little more explanation thanks

Meaning warriors now can't roll on AGI polearms, for example.
15 Gnome Rogue
Why thank you.
90 Troll Warrior
So this means that hunters won't be needing on the two-handed sword anymore? <3

I hate rolling against classes that won't even use it.
85 Tauren Druid
Any update on fixing the issues of certain classes winning more than 1 token person boss. For example the hunter that won 3x leg tokens in my last group and they already had the normal mode version...

The best way to handle multiple of the same item is to have 1 roll and the highest 2-3 win the items.
Edited by Ambera on 12/13/2011 1:59 PM PST
90 Troll Shaman
This change will not apply to normal or heroic raid or dungeon loot rules.

Why not?
Edited by Filuz on 12/13/2011 1:59 PM PST
Community Manager
Well done, and quite quickly might I add! I'm glad that this has been done, honestly. Now if only we could get a way to prevent someone from winning two items at once!

Could this mean that you're looking for ways to ensure no one can win two items at once!? *starts to make a happy face*

This is something we know happens, and we definitely want to find a way to address it so it doesn't happen.
90 Tauren Druid
The system still allows casters like boomkins/ele shaman to roll need on agility trinkets/rings/weapons and get a loot roll bonus. I've seen several of said casters actually win these items, and I think that is a sign of a very broken loot system.

FIX THIS.
1 Draenei Paladin
12/13/2011 01:59 PMPosted by Zhasta
Just lost a roll on the agi Axe that drops on Madness of Deathwing to an elemental shaman. GG.

That is beyond the scope of this fix. You're both shaman and you are both DPS so you can both roll on the axe. The fix that just went live prevents warriors and death knights, for example, from rolling on that axe.
85 Undead Death Knight
12/13/2011 01:59 PMPosted by Zhasta
Just lost a roll on the agi Axe that drops on Madness of Deathwing to an elemental shaman. GG.

Doesn't enhancement use Agi? Just sayin, the loot system doesn't do both class and spec. Only keeps Str users from Agi, and Agi from Str.
85 Draenei Shaman
Why can't shamans and paladins need on the offhand? The off hand is better than the shield, and a shield does nothing for paladins and shamans that makes it required to use. That's like telling a mage or warlock, "You can use swords so we're not going to let you roll on the daggers." Or telling a priest, "You can use daggers with an offhand so we're not going to let you roll on a staff."
Edited by Sensations on 12/13/2011 2:04 PM PST
90 Troll Shaman
12/13/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Bladie
Doesn't enhancement use Agi?

He said elemental, not enhancement.
85 Undead Death Knight
The system still allows casters like boomkins/ele shaman to roll need on agility trinkets/rings/weapons and get a loot roll bonus. I've seen several of said casters actually win these items, and I think that is a sign of a very broken loot system.

FIX THIS.

Very? Only slightly. Barely, even.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]