Looking For Raid—Need Plus Updates

90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm still losing rolls on agility gear to boomkins. I feel like activision has to have the technology to detect specs, it is not super advanced stuff. It just seems they are too lazy or cheap to implement it.
90 Tauren Warrior
12/14/2011 07:13 AMPosted by Deadmedic
i dont know how much you know about computer programming, but the hard part isnt knowing what items each class would use, the hard part is making a system that recognizes specs, atm, there is no way for the roll system to know what spec your class is, and that is really what they are working to improve on, but they have said that is quite difficult, i myself, who knows nothing about computer programming, will trust the ppl who make pretty games show up on my screen by just using numbers and letters, rather than sit back and say, "what? you dont know how to do that? thats soo easy, clearly you need to go back that introduction to game programming course and read that chapter on 'make a program that can detect class spec' that exists..."

At my job, my title is VP of Software Engineering, so I actually do know quite a bit about computer programming (been doing it for 19+ years). And as for the server knowing what spec you are, I assure you it does (it's the one you have >= 31 points in), heck my tooltip addon I use actually queries the server for your talent spec when I mouse over you so I can show it. Why the server can't use this information (which it clearly has, I can ask it for it) for determining who can roll on what is beyond me. The ONLY edge cases are the people who haven't spent their points fully (0/0/0 specs), and honestly I don't care if those people can roll on ANYTHING.
Edited by Pukka on 12/14/2011 8:56 AM PST
100 Draenei Warrior
Im just tired of DPS, rolling on tank gear that I can actually use. I dont roll on your DPS stuff! Dont roll on my tank gear!
85 Tauren Druid
Im just tired of DPS, rolling on tank gear that I can actually use. I dont roll on your DPS stuff! Dont roll on my tank gear!

Second that!
85 Tauren Death Knight
I was using the Agility Axe off LFR Deathwing in my Frost Spec. Despite the agility vs Strength tradeoff, it did more damage than my 378 obsidian cleaver paired with my 391 obsidian cleaver.

I was sadface when they made the one I already had class-specific!

Just saying ^^. While I understand the weapon was "intended" for specific classes, screw that junk!
85 Tauren Druid
Well done, and quite quickly might I add! I'm glad that this has been done, honestly. Now if only we could get a way to prevent someone from winning two items at once!

Could this mean that you're looking for ways to ensure no one can win two items at once!? *starts to make a happy face*

This is something we know happens, and we definitely want to find a way to address it so it doesn't happen.

Could you please clarify? If two of the same item drops, then a person should only win one, but certainly a person should be able to win two different items from the same boss.
85 Night Elf Warrior
Please can you guys look into getting the roll bonus specific to spec as well. It is extremely frustrating to have gear you need snatched up by another spec. It would seem that only a small portion of people are still courtesy and follow the old unwritten rule of rolling on "your own" gear.
90 Undead Rogue
Woot! ty blizzypoo! it's a pain to see a DRUID! winning my dagger..... :(
85 Dwarf Mage
12/14/2011 07:29 AMPosted by Tularian
I'm still losing rolls on agility gear to boomkins. I feel like activision has to have the technology to detect specs, it is not super advanced stuff. It just seems they are too lazy or cheap to implement it.

Oh cmon now, they stated many times that his is what they aim for. Quit being a baby and throwing terms like ''lazy'' and ''cheap'' around.
85 Draenei Shaman
Hello i'm a resto shaman. I was in the LFR party with one other Shaman that was Enhance.When we down the boss and the loot windows pop up their was these boots with spirit on this int ect. They was for sure made for Resto class and so i put a "Need Roll" on it. The other Shaman did the same "Need Roll" and got them. How in the Hell could a Enhance Shaman win them boots over "Main spec Resto"? That is what i would call a Ninja. I got to looking at the players in the raid party and they was all from the same guild but for about 10 of us.I ask the player in whisper to let me have them and that my main spec is resto and all i got from him was some nasty choice words.

I think the loot system for the LFR needs some fixing still. Make it Main spec rolls are what you enter the raid with +1 over Off spec Need rolls. No way should enhance Shaman should win Spirit boots over Main spec Resto Shaman!
85 Tauren Druid
I'm surprised to see so many people getting upset about this now. This has been happening in the dungeon finder for years.

News Flash! It sucks when a dps needs on gear that is clearly for a tank or healer! Or pretty much anytime someone needs on gear for the roll they are not currently playing.
Oh, this just in: that's actually really old news, but no one cared until now. Why? I don't know!

I'm not saying I don't like the idea. I love it! I've asked for it to be implemented in the dungeon finder long before we even heard of LFR. I follow the spirit of the Need Plus system on my own and have been since I started doing random dungeons; if I'm running as dps, I don't need on tank or healer gear unless the tank or healer pass.

Please! Make this happen in dungeons as well.
100 Night Elf Rogue
Awesome news !!! Thanks!
85 Tauren Druid
I'm surprised to see so many people getting upset about this now. This has been happening in the dungeon finder for years.

News Flash! It sucks when a dps needs on gear that is clearly for a tank or healer! Or pretty much anytime someone needs on gear for the roll they are not currently playing.
Oh, this just in: that's actually really old news, but no one cared until now. Why? I don't know!

I'm not saying I don't like the idea. I love it! I've asked for it to be implemented in the dungeon finder long before we even heard of LFR. I follow the spirit of the Need Plus system on my own and have been since I started doing random dungeons; if I'm running as dps, I don't need on tank or healer gear unless the tank or healer pass.

Please! Make this happen in dungeons as well.

The answer is easy - the stakes are higher in LFR than a dungeon.

Dungeons can be run one (or more) each day, and if you don't get it today, you can likely get it tomorrow.

With LFR, it's a weekly basis, so you have to wait much longer due to someone else's selfishness or lack of knowledge.

Also, the gear is higher quality than dungeon gear, which makes the stakes higher.

Finally, in a dungeon, you only have 5 players, so the chances of someone being able to roll need with you are lower. With a 25-man raid, there are more people able to click "need", so the chances of someone being selfish or ignorant are greater.

That's why it's a big deal now.
Edited by Sorro on 12/14/2011 10:59 AM PST
100 Human Warrior
The reason that people are getting so upset about this "now" is that it is tied to a weekly lockout. Having it in the 5-mans is still very irritating, but dedication has the reward that you can continue to work towards that piece of gear you want.

The LFR lockout eliminates that option completely.

My 2cents is that there should not be tokens at all, simply drop the piece of tier gear and make it so that any tier cannot be rolled NEED (in LFR only) if you already have a tier piece in that slot. If I am a DPS, and I am wearing tier shoulders, then I should not be able to roll NEED on the tank shoulders. Tokens are only making this problem worse in the raid finder.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Would love to to see the items be untradeable as well, its so much fun losing rolls to people with the teir piece on already and are just trading it to their friend.
90 Undead Warrior
I had a paladin tank roll on my two hand sword off dw and win it. WTF bliz. Last week a blood dk won it.

TANKS AND HEALS SHOULDENT GET TO ROLL ON DPS ITEMS wtf are you guys doing. Hurry up and fix it, I have lost the sword now two weeks in a row to tanks, and healers rolled on it too and got +100.

Fail system is fail. Frost shouldent even get to roll on it either. Should be ret paladins and fury and arms warriors and unholy dks. But certainly not tanks.
85 Draenei Hunter
The only thing that really bothers me is seeing people need on tier tokens that they have no intention of using and then lording them over the rest of the group either just for fun, or to trade with someone who has won an item they want. It has to stop. I don't even want the tokens, but that sort of god modding is ridiculous and takes gear from those who need it.
Edited by Hymnal on 12/14/2011 11:41 AM PST
58 Troll Death Knight
I dont see how this fix friends/guild need rolls, sorry.

Rolls should be for the spec you are using in or you cant roll. Also i would like to see this in LFD
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]