Looking For Raid—Need Plus Updates

1 Blood Elf Warrior
I think the way it's set up right now is really lame. I've ran all 8 bosses 4 weeks in a row and have not won a roll yet. Yet tonight I watched one person win 3 items on one boss. Then you have tanks rolling on dps swords and visa versa. It's not fair by any means. I don't expect to win every roll but In four weeks I would have hoped I at least win something. It's really lame and makes me hopeless and not want to run dragon soul anymore via raid finder.
85 Night Elf Druid
IM so tierd of noobs getting 3-4 loots per raid finder when i cant get a single item..... i mean.... rogue with like 10k dps avg per fight won 3 tokens agility trinket from spine and then won the axe of MAdness...... thats just wrong.. not only got carry and was useless trash he gets away with everyones loot..... the ppl that actually put effort and knew what to do.. same goes for heals and their 4k HPS
Edited by Aphelleon on 12/22/2011 12:32 AM PST
91 Human Warlock
I have never been more frustrated with the game and closer to quitting then now, because of the dual edged sword blizz is cutting me with. My main is a hunter, it is what I like to do, have gone against most heroic bosses and have been on server 1st raid teams and made it to top 50 World of Logs at one time or another. Those I raid with are 7/8 and close to getting to heroic, I have already been told I'm done because Hunter is broken. (This is said by the nonhunter community) We know, Blizz knows it, everyone knows it but blizz says to bad so sad, we will fix it in MOP, well probably wont be here by then. The only chance I have is to outgear my fello raiders. So I run 3 complete LFR25, 24 bosses, 96 drops. A grand total of 7 items could even be rolled on by my toon, lost em all. I was never less than 3rd in dps, and yet so an 8k toon win 3 items in one 4 boss session
I have proposed and will propose again a solution as I see it. Everytime a drop happens in LFR25 and you cannot roll on it, a +1 should be added to your next roll for each one. If you can roll and lose, a + 5 is added to your next roll. If you can roll and choose not to, a +10 is added to your roll, so you can save for more neeed items., In my case, 89 drops I could not roll on, so I would have a +89 to my next roll, and 7 losses would add another +35, for a +124 on next roll (not to much considering have not had one drop) All bonus points reset to 0 with a win
100 Blood Elf Priest
I understand that you only want healing classes to be able to roll on items like Ledger of Revolting Rituals. However, that piece is perfectly useable by a resto shaman or holy paladin. Not even a shadow priest can roll on it and it's perfectly itemized for them as well. I hope Blizz considers amending this at some point.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Here's a suggestion for the Need rolling in LFR: don't allow a player to win the same item twice. I just did an LFR and this player won 4 items, 2 of which were the same, and 3 of which were items he didn't need (the item he had equipped was already better). This player refused to share with the others who actually needed the item, and to top it all off he was a Mage (I wasn't aware that a Mage even needed more than one gear set, and I never liked Mages in the first place). Then guess what he does? He says, "Later gay boys," then leaves the party. Talk about grief!
90 Pandaren Priest
I was in a LFR group (on my DK) and a person rolled need on a belt they were already wearing. Shouldn't you implement something that can detect if someone already HAS the item, therefore not letting them NEED on it? This is just not a fair looting system at all. It's not a matter of the person not fulfilling his role in the LFR. HE ALREADY HAD THE BELT AND STILL WON THE SAME EXACT ITEM! A person should not be allowed to loot an item they already have!! I think this issue should be addressed immediately because there are quite a few people who get to roll need on items they have previously won and are wearing, as well as people rolling need on an item that is far less superior to the item they currently have. These people are running with friends and guild mates, rolling need on these items, and then trading it to their friends/guild mates. Something should really be done about this! Implement something that detects if someone already HAS the item, and also if the item they are rolling for is of lower stats than the one they currently have.
Edited by Prissina on 12/22/2011 11:19 PM PST
85 Undead Mage
TBA
instead of over-complicating everything like you are, why didn't you guys just get how the food buff works in generating the stat buff (ie i eat a food that give 60 stam and 90 in my useful primary stat intellect in this case) and apply it to the raid finder. on top of this have the roll bonus.

for example, int staff drops clearly no tanks/melee can get it. the competition for rolls goes to casters druids of any kind, shamans of any kind. but wait, then it checks the primary stats, enhance/feral's get knocked out. no more druids rolling on anything just because they are druids. no more enhance shamans needing on caster stuff when they are clearly melee dps.

there would be no retarded rolls on agility gear as paladin/dk ect, no more needing on caster dps as enhance/feral, no need to class specify what can roll on what item individually as its guided by an overall system.

however imo caster weapons with 'hit' on them would have to have a qualifier set on them such as the role bonus plus roll to stop healers needing on them, im not sure if it already does this so im mentioning it now.

really, i just cant see why you had to make this broken system so complicated...
85 Orc Death Knight
i like the lfr loot system as it is.. with one major exception:

i hate the fact that one toon can win 2 or more 2 drops from the same boss.
it should be make that if a toon wins something off a boss, they cant win another peice IF THERE IS NOT SOMEONE ELSE THAT CAN USE THE 2ND PIECE.

ie, in one run, DW dropped 2 of the same bow, the same hunter rolled and won both of them because no one else needed on them
however in another runn there were multiple hunters and enh shammies and mail agil belt and boots drop, and after a 5 minute wait one hunter won both peices and everyone begged him to give up one peice but of course he didnt.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I support the last 4 posts. The stealing in WoW is getting ridiculous.
86 Blood Elf Paladin
LFR, as most of you have mentioned is very silly, looting system wise, and most points have been covered. All though i would like to implement an suggestion maybe only 1 loot per boss and if you have that tier token that drops already on your toon in your bags or bank you cant even roll on it (much like how the loots from seasonal bosses is expended).
But how about just quing for the Raid as well? I would like to start a raid from first boss and finish all the way through, maybe let there be an option you choose which boss you want to start on or if you want a fresh run. not start 1/4(8) or 3/4(8). makes it really annoying when im trying to que because i dont want to sit and wait and wait for the que only to get one thats in the middle of the run. ( and in case of trolls my guild is friends that dont play same time as me and i really dont have that much time to raid so LFR is ideal allthough the looting system makes me want to pull my teeth out sometimes, for instance this boom drood who won 3 tokens, 2 of which were the same and were both won from same boss AND he was already wearing that piece of gear :( for his spec ).
Also how is the leader of the group chosen? why are tanks not the leader? why are people who dont know what they are doing or its the first time they have tried the fights the leader? shouldnt it go the most qualified person or the tank, i.e. # of bosses down or something?
86 Blood Elf Paladin
heres a silly suggestion for blizz. In LFG why not just let everyone who downs the boss, and i mean all 25 people, get one piece of loot per boss? why not??? youd still come for the valor every week and no one would be soul-less and take as much as they can. and the fact that guilds actually organize to screw other over people is just plain sad, it really shows theres no hope for man kind.
watch this vid too
www.zietgiestthemovie.com
11 Orc Hunter
I did LFR in my balance druid the other day and the grouping seemed to be packed with druids! Healers, dps and tanks.... it was a drood convention!!
One player won FOUR items - he rolled need on 2 caster items & 2 tanking items. He was a tank and got the preferred rolls on ALL 4 items.....
leaving the rest of us out in the cold.
Sure, i understand dps are a dime a dozen.
While tanks and healers really do need the better gear first, why is it they can roll need on their off-spec AND the one they are currently in during the raid?
85 Worgen Druid
Too challenging to make loot decisions? Really? Unless they have heroic Firelands gear, it should be an upgrade.

Whatever, though. I guess I can't speak for every class and every piece of gear...

I guess the only complaint that I have, you really can't account for. That complaint is the phenomenon that happens in almost every LFR raid I join. Boss dies, loot comes up, roll for loot, loot gets doled out to players that performed the poorest. Oh, great. That tier piece will really help the mage that was dead for 95% of the fight. He was tanking the floor like a champ! Even on fights that this mage lives through, I out-DPS and out-damage him as a tank. I mean... I could use it to get my 4 set bonus and actually contribute, but every raid needs a good floor tank, right?
Edited by Dryarae on 12/24/2011 8:58 PM PST
90 Troll Druid
I can agree with most of the improvements suggested, but would want to say don't disallow someone for looting something that they already have. My main spec is feral dps, and I don't roll on the tanking trinkets or something I already have for this spec - I would like to go in there when I want to improve my tanking gear, and feral dps/tanking druids wear THE SAME EXACT gear as each other just with different reforges and different trinkets - but everything else is the same. Don't prevent me from upgrading my tank set in the future. If I am wearing that piece currently if I go in as a tank, it's because even without the extra bit of dodge reforge, it's better overall for my tank, so if I am there as a tank, I want to be able to roll on it again so I can get it with the right reforge/chant for a tank.

Granted this is all me speculating as I seem to be able to win anything in there but the tier pieces on my druid....
1 Orc Warlock
Why is the worst performer ALWAYS getting the loot?

It's not sometimes, it's not every few bosses, it's every boss.... The person that does least HPS/DPS gets the item. It's not that I care about the gear or how people perform, it's that it's dumb that people are sitting there autoattacking or not healing just for the sake of loot. Do we all have to resort to this in order to get loot in the end?

It looks like a roll system but it's obvious who it's favoring in the end.
85 Troll Mage
For LFR, can you guys provide special things for the leader that lead the group. like, i'm using my time and patient to teach the fight over and over, ppl are still doing !@#$, then we wipe, ppl leave the group, some new ppl comes in and i have to explain the fight again and that tends to go forever. The interesting things is, after i teach the fight over and over, i found out that i have no points to do this, i don't like to be a leader saying shXt and ppl still doing shXt, and i have no things to earn. So, that's the problem, can your ppl figure out somewways to provides the leader some special things, like a pet or gold or something to make the leaders happy to lead the group. but now, im tired and i believe that there are many leaders are tired of this. Hope this comment helps.
90 Troll Druid
12/25/2011 01:06 PMPosted by Holyxx
For LFR, can you guys provide special things for the leader that lead the group. like, i'm using my time and patient to teach the fight over and over, ppl are still doing !@#$, then we wipe, ppl leave the group, some new ppl comes in and i have to explain the fight again and that tends to go forever. The interesting things is, after i teach the fight over and over, i found out that i have no points to do this, i don't like to be a leader saying shXt and ppl still doing shXt, and i have no things to earn. So, that's the problem, can your ppl figure out somewways to provides the leader some special things, like a pet or gold or something to make the leaders happy to lead the group. but now, im tired and i believe that there are many leaders are tired of this. Hope this comment helps.

Really? You think you need to lead an LFR, and that explaining things takes forever? You have far different groups that I have gotten.

Part 1-
- Boss 1 = He pulls you to him, run around a pillar when that happens and don't stand in bad stuff
- Boss 2 = Stand in the middle - the ball bounces back to him automatically after 10 stacks anyways, so it's really a tank and spank in LFR
-Boss 3 = Purple > Yellow > Blue - but calling it isn't hard and doesn't have enough effort needed to call that person a "Raid Leader"

I really don't need to continue, but you get the point. There is not enough room for failure in LFR if you follow the basic rules of don't stand in bad stuff (with the boat being the exception), keep threat/dps/heal what you see that can die. Placing a mark on something doesn't qualify for any sort of bonus loot IMO (I am imagining this as something like the satchels from healing/tanking LFR when the que needs them). But marking in the LFR is like dps in LFG - it's a dime a dozen and if you've EVER been in there before, you have a good sense of what to do.

Side note, I am sorry that you seem to get groups that can't complete LFR without a detailed explanation.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]