Looking For Raid—Need Plus Updates

85 Undead Death Knight
12/13/2011 02:04 PMPosted by Filuz
Doesn't enhancement use Agi?

He said elemental, not enhancement.

Because the loot system doesn't look at spec, just class. Enhance uses Agi, which means Shaman can use Agi. Which means any Shaman can roll on Agi.

Please try reading entire posts before responding.
85 Draenei Mage
All I can say is THANK YOU BLIZZ!!!! My petition from a month ago during the PTR has finally been realized.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595670275
Edited by Delritha on 12/13/2011 2:06 PM PST
85 Gnome Rogue
12/13/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Sensations
Why can't shamans and paladins need on the offhand? The off hand is better than the shield, and a shield does nothing for paladins and shamans that makes it required to use.
because that is one item for 7 specs potentially, while 4 of those cannot use shields. It balances out. If you're really that interested in min/maxing stats, i'm sure your guild is running normals at the very least.
Edited by Jobed on 12/13/2011 2:07 PM PST
85 Undead Death Knight
Why can't shamans and paladins need on the offhand? The off hand is better than the shield, and a shield does nothing for paladins and shamans that makes it required to use. That's like telling a mage or warlock, "You can use swords so we're not going to let you roll on the daggers." Or telling a priest, "You can use daggers with an offhand so we're not going to let you roll on a staff."

I would imagine because Paladins and Shamans have the option of using shields, whereas other classes are limited to just an offhand. Seems pretty fair to me, imo.
85 Goblin Mage
Why can't shamans and paladins need on the offhand? The off hand is better than the shield, and a shield does nothing for paladins and shamans that makes it required to use. That's like telling a mage or warlock, "You can use swords so we're not going to let you roll on the daggers." Or telling a priest, "You can use daggers with an offhand so we're not going to let you roll on a staff."

This is completely what just happened. If I am going to put forth the effort do down the boss why cant I use the item that would give me better stats ?
100 Troll Shaman
12/13/2011 02:05 PMPosted by Bladie

He said elemental, not enhancement.

Because the loot system doesn't look at spec, just class. Enhance uses Agi, which means Shaman can use Agi. Which means any Shaman can roll on Agi.

I did, i just misunderstood what you were getting at, my apologies good sir.
12/13/2011 01:59 PMPosted by Zhasta
Just lost a roll on the agi Axe that drops on Madness of Deathwing to an elemental shaman. GG.

12/13/2011 02:02 PMPosted by Leota
The system still allows casters like boomkins/ele shaman to roll need on agility trinkets/rings/weapons and get a loot roll bonus. I've seen several of said casters actually win these items, and I think that is a sign of a very broken loot system.

Both of those classes could conceivably use those items in an OS. Currently the LFD system allows a player to roll need on OS items.
85 Undead Death Knight
All I can say is THANK YOU BLIZZ!!!! My petition from a month ago during the PTR has finally been realized.

Mhmm. I am sure it was just your petition that made this change possible. Even though Blizz has said they hate petitions on the forums.
85 Undead Death Knight

I did, i just misunderstood what you were getting at, my apologies good sir.

Not a problem, my good man.

/likeasir
85 Undead Death Knight
12/13/2011 02:06 PMPosted by Meril

This is completely what just happened. If I am going to put forth the effort do down the boss why cant I use the item that would give me better stats ?

I would imagine because Paladins and Shamans have the option of using shields, whereas other classes are limited to just an offhand. Seems pretty fair to me, imo.

Yes, I copied my own answer again. Seems to fit anyway.
85 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2011 02:06 PMPosted by Bladie

Then why exactly are shamans and paladins allowed the option to use in every other raid setting? Your logic makes no sense when history shows fact.
100 Human Paladin
Good to hear this was done

But also sad that this had to be done because people are too greedy and....other worse words to use common sense.
85 Worgen Warrior
It's not that people were taking things they can't use because they were confused, it's that people were taking everything they could possibly roll on because there was no downside to it.
100 Human Mage
Good to hear this was done

But also sad that this had to be done because people are too greedy and....other worse words to use common sense.

While this is true and sad, I also hate having to look at things I can roll need on to double check that they are also INT based. Ideally, anything I could Need on would be something I could use. This just got us one step closer to that goal!
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/13/2011 01:46 PMPosted by Meril
I have a question about Paladins and Shamans not being able to need on the offhand. Actually If you look at the stats on the off hand and the shield you get more intellect from the off hand then you do from the shield... ie the offhand would be better.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657611100

^ The low int/lack of socket on the shield was reported as a itemization bug, please up-rate and bump.

On top of that I don't see any other case where a perfectly viable item for the slot is disallowed to certain classes. i.e. An equivalent would be making int maces only available to Paladins because Shaman, Priests, and Druids have access to intellect staves and daggers.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]