Looking For Raid—Need Plus Updates

85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/13/2011 02:49 PMPosted by Starsapphire
So, how about this for fair: Ring off Morchok drops. Haste/spirit. Good combination for shadow priest. But, due to this change, apparently, shadow priests don't get the role bonus

No.

Here is the result of that change:

Signet of Suturing - Druid, Paladin, Priest, Shaman

The role bonus is unaffected.
90 Orc Death Knight
12/13/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Sensations
Why can't shamans and paladins need on the offhand? The off hand is better than the shield, and a shield does nothing for paladins and shamans that makes it required to use. That's like telling a mage or warlock, "You can use swords so we're not going to let you roll on the daggers." Or telling a priest, "You can use daggers with an offhand so we're not going to let you roll on a staff."

Stats equal, it's still better to use a shield over an offhand. Just look at Shrapnel, that extra 12k armor is a nice bit of DR.

Black ooze on Unsleeper is another example.
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Stats equal, it's still better to use a shield over an offhand. Just look at Shrapnel, that extra 12k armor is a nice bit of DR.

Except...the stats aren't equal.
69 Gnome Warrior
Good to hear, and plus I hope that this may be another step towards changing loot rules for all new raid content in the future.
85 Troll Death Knight
What a stupid change. I guess my No'Kaled isn't better than my vicious weapon. Even though I won it last week, I guess it's fair. Oh wait, it isn't and you were looking for an easy fix instead of a smart fix. Thanks.
85 Draenei Death Knight
Any chance of Frost DKs and SMF warriors getting an equal shot to tanks on Souldrinker?
90 Orc Mage
12/13/2011 03:41 PMPosted by Foiblesqt
Why can't shamans and paladins need on the offhand? The off hand is better than the shield, and a shield does nothing for paladins and shamans that makes it required to use. That's like telling a mage or warlock, "You can use swords so we're not going to let you roll on the daggers." Or telling a priest, "You can use daggers with an offhand so we're not going to let you roll on a staff."

The armor is probably just there for looks. There is no way they would use armor as a means to make an item balanced, as it provides no extra healing.
90 Orc Death Knight
12/13/2011 03:53 PMPosted by Nooble

The armor is probably just there for looks. There is no way they would use armor as a means to make an item balanced, as it provides no extra healing.

I didn't say it was, but in response to saying there is no reason to use a shield over an OH (stats equal) is wrong.
85 Worgen Druid
12/13/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Sensations
Beacuse you use a shield not a offhand
90 Orc Warrior
Me and a Pally tank just lost on TWO soul drinkers that dropped to random DPS's. /smh.
I got hit by the Robe of Glowing Stone change and I'll freely admit I hit need for it because even though spirit was a stat, it was vastly better than what I had at the time. As well, I made damn sure no-one else rolled need as well because if they had I would have simply passed on the item.

85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/13/2011 03:57 PMPosted by Vybz

Any class that can equip a shield can also equip an off-hand.

Actually, I think that every class can equip an off-hand.
100 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2011 03:57 PMPosted by Vybz

As has been said many times, the off-hand is better itemized and is strictly superior to the shield.

Also, shaman and paladins have been able to use off-hands for seven years.

The answer to this question is: someone in QA screwed up when they were looking through the list
85 Blood Elf Mage
love how blizz is quick to take our money and !@#$ our gear up but won't do a %^-*ing thing to fix it.
85 Pandaren Hunter
i log on and the average gear i had before patch was 377 but now it is at 356 and i can not do random raid finder but looking at my gear 95%% is 378 or over with 3 items of teir 13 whats up with that???

also if your going to take weapons a away and make them class use only replace them i was using a ilvl 390 dagger which could have been used on a hunter and now i cant use and you didnt replace it kinda stupid dont you think and the cost on enchants to put on it , it is like you are stealing from us
85 Blood Elf Warrior
12/13/2011 01:46 PMPosted by Meril
I have a question about Paladins and Shamans not being able to need on the offhand. Actually If you look at the stats on the off hand and the shield you get more intellect from the off hand then you do from the shield... ie the offhand would be better.

This.

There's no reason I can think of that paladins and shamans shouldn't be able to Need/Use that offhand.

While we're at it, the Insignia of the Corrupted Mind is a great paladin trinket, too, seeing as how holydins DO deal damage with their judgements.
85 Human Priest
Even people winning two items from a single boss, or that I cant win a better itemized off hand and need to roll on a shield which I've never seen so far on my pally or shaman does not phase me a bit. The part that does is seeing enhancement shaman/feral druid winning intellect/spirit necks and caster dps trinkets which I've seen 3 times so far today. Is it intended for them to be able to roll on intellect items rather than agility or simply an oversight?
12/13/2011 04:09 PMPosted by Larikin
it is like you are stealing from us

that...sounds familiar. >.> i'm sure the rogue you jacked it from felt the same. ;p
94 Night Elf Rogue
12/13/2011 01:59 PMPosted by Nethaera
This is something we know happens, and we definitely want to find a way to address it so it doesn't happen.

Could the game look at a players loot history and only apply a loot bonus if the item hasn't been won before? You could make an exception for one-handed DPS weapons, of course.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]