Looking For Raid—Need Plus Updates

100 Night Elf Rogue
12/13/2011 04:13 PMPosted by Enhancedone
it is like you are stealing from us

that...sounds familiar. >.> i'm sure the rogue you jacked it from felt the same. ;p

Doubt it. Fear and Vengeance are pretty easy to get, especially if you're willing to buy a pickpocket. If LFR has any daggers, I doubt you'll find many rogues rolling on them.

I don't have a problem with other agi classes rolling on daggers, even if they're bad for enhancement and a pain for hunters to acquire two of.
100 Orc Warlock
This system is VERY broken, they need to set it up like the holiday bosses where if you have already won an item(ie: a token) you can't roll on it again, two weeks in a row I've lost rolls to people who were already wearing the items they rolled need on. I also feel that because this loot system allows people to screw people's main specs(like the above mentioned ele sham that took the agi axe), people who don't recieve any loot from the raid should be able to loot again, until they at least win something and their time is not wasted because someone had to be a jerk.
85 Blood Elf Mage
12/13/2011 04:14 PMPosted by Azreluna
This is something we know happens, and we definitely want to find a way to address it so it doesn't happen.

Could the game look at a players loot history and only apply a loot bonus if the item hasn't been won before? You could make an exception for one-handed DPS weapons, of course.

should have rolled or shouldn't have rolled isn't the issue. The issue is Blizzard stealing the gear from us that we have fairly won and spent time and money enchanting, reforging, gemming and trangmog. Its just shows how little blizzard cares about its "valued" customers that have padded thier pockets for years now
100 Night Elf Rogue
12/13/2011 04:14 PMPosted by Amorloth
easy answer blizz don't give a !@#$ about what goes on with us in game all they care about is getting that 14.99 a month and screw us the rest of the time

Right, hence this change designed to not screw people?
100 Night Elf Rogue
12/13/2011 04:18 PMPosted by Amorloth

Could the game look at a players loot history and only apply a loot bonus if the item hasn't been won before? You could make an exception for one-handed DPS weapons, of course.

should have rolled or shouldn't have rolled isn't the issue. The issue is Blizzard stealing the gear from us that we have fairly won and spent time and money enchanting, reforging, gemming and trangmog. Its just shows how little blizzard cares about its "valued" customers that have padded thier pockets for years now

Um, no, actually it's about winning two of the same item, either off the same boss at the same time or at different times.
100 Night Elf Rogue
12/13/2011 04:18 PMPosted by Anduríel
This system is VERY broken, they need to set it up like the holiday bosses where if you have already won an item(ie: a token) you can't roll on it again, two weeks in a row I've lost rolls to people who were already wearing the items they rolled need on. I also feel that because this loot system allows people to screw people's main specs(like the above mentioned ele sham that took the agi axe), people who don't recieve any loot from the raid should be able to loot again, until they at least win something and their time is not wasted because someone had to be a jerk.

That system works for holiday bosses because the items they drop are flagged as unique. That system in and of itself can't work for token drops, as you no longer have the token once you get the gear, and you potentially don't want it to work for gear drops, as it's entirely possible for one character to want two copies of an item for different specs. (Think a str/hit/mastery item for tanking vs. DPSing.)

Eventually, I suspect that they'll put more logic into the loot rolls. Eventually, the game will distinguish "agility DPS" and "intellect DPS" and the different specs of shamans and druids, and it will realize that a DPS paladin has no need for intellect gear.

Hopefully, the game will also eventually implement a true offspec roll. If I have tier shoulders on my priest or paladin for their main spec, I don't have any way of rolling offspec. I have to roll Need (because I want to win the token over a rogue who would just vendor it), which is what everyone else is rolling, except then I get a roll bonus and can win it over someone's main spec.
85 Gnome Warlock
Ok I just won an awesome chest piece last night in Dragon Soul. Sure it had spirit but I reforged it to something more useful and gemmed it. I log on today..and low and behold..the chest piece I am wearing is red..I'm like ok, no big deal I repair..except..it's not broken. It now has a class restriction of PRIEST on it..the only cloth chest piece that drops in the entire instance of LFR other than the tier piece is now utter useless to me. And what do I see on here but people saying Blizz's response is "Oh we're sorry have your old gear back." a massive upgrade and I can't use it. Thanks Alot Blizz. FIX THIS PLEASE!
85 Night Elf Druid
Good job! Glad to see that the devs were thinking the same way I was for a short-term fix.

I do have one issue with the items though, and just to restate it: the offhand MUST also be able to be rolled on by mages and warlocks. You did not include any off-hand in the LFR mode of the raid without spirit and Deathwing drops a caster dagger. Kinda dumb to let priests, druids, pallies, and shamen get a 384 MH/OH combo, but leave mages and locks stuck with at 378 OH item...

(edited to specify that I'm thinking of people stuck in LFR. If you get access to regular, these changes pretty much don't affect you.)
Edited by Dayelos on 12/13/2011 4:38 PM PST
90 Human Mage
LFG
12/13/2011 04:13 PMPosted by Enhancedone
it is like you are stealing from us

that...sounds familiar. >.> i'm sure the rogue you jacked it from felt the same. ;p

That's nonsense. Rolling on a piece is something that has always happened. It's a designed mechanic. You can feel aggrieved about a roll that doesn't favor you, but it's an accepted part of the looting system.

On the other hand, turning round and revoking a piece of (already upgraded and equipped) armor has no parallel. 'Jacking' a rogue, as you put it (blame random numbers - no one got 'jacked') doesn't enable that rogue to render the item unusable. It doesn't enable the rogue to go through and invalidate your equipment a week after the fact.
85 Dwarf Paladin
I won the non-shield offhand and now I can't use it. The shield sucks and its been reported about how it sucks many times. So all the paladins and shaman that did the research and decided the non shield off hand was much better now get shafted.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657611100

So because someone QQ'd about losing the offhand, I have to go back in and win the shield now, which is worse. So thanks Blizzard for holding my hand in telling me what I can and cannot do, and worst of all, taking my hard won loot off me. 3 hours dealing with the trash that inhabits LFR needing on everything, I win one item the entire run that I gem and enchant and boom, it goes the next day.

Thanks for the heads up, oh wait, thats right, there was no heads up. Great way to communicate with the players. At least I could have made plans if I knew this ahead of time.
91 Draenei Shaman
Good job! Glad to see that the devs were thinking the same way I was for a short-term fix.

I do have one issue with the items though, and just to restate it: the offhand MUST also be able to be rolled on by mages and warlocks. You did not include any off-hand in the raid without spirit and Deathwing drops a caster dagger. Kinda dumb to let priests, druids, pallies, and shamen get a 384 MH/OH combo, but leave mages and locks stuck with at 378 OH item...

Dragonfire Orb

There, I fixed it.
85 Blood Elf Mage
think Blizz's new official stance on this game is "Doing what we can to piss off everyone so they quit playing the game and we can be even more lazy and stupid than we are now"
90 Human Mage
LFG
12/13/2011 03:59 PMPosted by Lynxo
I got hit by the Robe of Glowing Stone change and I'll freely admit I hit need for it because even though spirit was a stat, it was vastly better than what I had at the time. As well, I made damn sure no-one else rolled need as well because if they had I would have simply passed on the item.

It's not like Mages have never equipped Spirit pieces before. I'm sure every Mage has had (or still has) Spirit pieces when all the other stats make it preferential. It's a choice we've always had to make - is the armor piece STILL superior once you allow for the fact that the added Spirit is probably going to cost you some Mastery or Crit or something.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
We queue up for a LFR today, down a couple of bosses, and sure enough a boomkin rolls need on a leather agility belt, and wins it.

After some arguing, the tank decides to pull the boss while killing trash since people didnt even care enough to vote kick the guy who ninja'd the belt, wipes everyone, everyone leaves. Awesome, now I get to sit in queue for a while again to kill the same bosses over.

Exciting stuff, they really need to get this fixed ASAP.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/13/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Sensations
Why can't shamans and paladins need on the offhand? The off hand is better than the shield, and a shield does nothing for paladins and shamans that makes it required to use. That's like telling a mage or warlock, "You can use swords so we're not going to let you roll on the daggers." Or telling a priest, "You can use daggers with an offhand so we're not going to let you roll on a staff."

I think the main problem with limiting the off-hand to priests/Druids (and I know they do this because there is no shield option) is that the off-hand is better stat-wise than the shield. Why design items that are supposed to fill the same role but have one that is clearly superior? I've never understood why Blizzard does this, as it's not the first time.

Also, to people who say that Pallies and Shaman can use a shield, whereas Priests and Druids cannot, I'd add that Priests and Druids can use staffs that my class will never be able to.
85 Worgen Warrior
they need to fix the loot problem, i lost Souldrinker from LFR because everyone and their moms rolled need on it and i lost to a holy pally, just at least make it so they can roll need but cant get a role bonus unless they are marked as a tank rolling for tank items and etc etc. cause its getting out of hand
100 Draenei Shaman
12/13/2011 01:59 PMPosted by Zhasta
Just lost a roll on the agi Axe that drops on Madness of Deathwing to an elemental shaman. GG.

Ooh, was it me? Look at them, so shiny. Both from my first DW kill. And now that I have decent weapons, I can start raiding as enhance like I'd wanted to in the first place, hooray!
85 Undead Priest
12/13/2011 04:50 PMPosted by Amorloth
i want to work for blizz so i can steal from people and screw their stuff up then ignore them when they start complaining!!!!!

Kinda like how you stole that gear from the class it was intended for?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]