Looking For Raid—Need Plus Updates

90 Night Elf Death Knight
PvP
It would also be nice if people can't roll on an item with stats for a spec they don't even have- such as a druid with two feral specs rolling need and winning items with int, or a shaman with an ele and a resto spec rolling and needing on items with agility.
90 Tauren Shaman
Well there goes my [Ledger of Revolting Rituals]! Damn, I loved using this off-hand.
Sigh, back to poo shield [Ward of the Red Widow] (not too poo I spose)
90 Worgen Druid
I recently won the Off-Hand spirit/haste on my Paladin healer which I don't feel was a ninja item since the 359 shield she was wearing made it leaps and bounds better. The fact that this change means she can no longer use what is a huge upgrade is silly.

I'm absolutely behind the agi/str changes that was just moronic when one or the other would win something that they get virtually no benefit from. But forcing shamans and paladins to use a shield when an Offhand is a clear upgrade flies in the face of everything you've been preaching about loot from day 1.

The armor on a shield for a healer is a joke they don't care about it so stats are stats and I for one am infuriated that not only did I win something(for once) but I gem'd and enchanted it like a good little raider and vendored my crap 359 shield and sit completely up poopcreek
90 Tauren Shaman
Totally agree with Meril. Now I have an off-hand I can no longer use (been using it for 2 weeks). Lucky for me I still had old, lower level, item.
87 Blood Elf Priest
Well done, and quite quickly might I add! I'm glad that this has been done, honestly. Now if only we could get a way to prevent someone from winning two items at once!

Could this mean that you're looking for ways to ensure no one can win two items at once!? *starts to make a happy face*

This is something we know happens, and we definitely want to find a way to address it so it doesn't happen.

You guys and gals are amazing! Keep up the great work! I'm sure the LFR community is very pleased!
85 Draenei Mage
After reading the changes implemented by blizzard and some of the effects it may or may not have on some of my toons I seriously have to agree with what people like Belden and many others are saying. I mean if a paladin has the ability wield an off hand such as a shield or a staff or something of that nature then by all means they should be able to roll on said item.

Now as for what Blizzard has done with the system I think honestly it's a 75/25 split here. Good Job blizzard for making it to where a hunter can't roll need on a sword they will never use or a paladin can't roll need on a polearm they will never use great.

Now to the 25% which is why take away something someone has already won from them and make them wait 5 days 5 hours or 5 minutes depending on your hold time for them to be alotted the lower tier item. Would it not make more sense for them to have automatically have been restored the lower item or grandfathered into having the higher item? Why inconvience your customers and playing base blizzard? Bad game there.

All I'm really I guess trying to QQ out here is the LFR system's Loot Rules in General need to be tweaked a bit more but I guess we'll see how things play out as we draw nearer and nearer to MOP.
90 Tauren Shaman
I forgot about the gold I spent on a gem and reforge...nice ....I just wasted 300gold for nothing! Thanks Blizz-----NOT!
85 Worgen Hunter
The looting systems still needs work though... Can you guys at least try to make it where if one raider cannot roll on something that they already have in possession? For example: A hunter rolls on bow from fall of Deathwing encounter AFTER they already own it? or a warror rolling on Trinket eye of unmaking as they already have possession of one? Had a LFR group with a warrior and a hunter doing this but unequips it and equips a different item to try and pass off as if they do not have it. like making the items LFR-Unique.
85 Tauren Druid
12/13/2011 10:21 PMPosted by Fantasy
It would also be nice if people can't roll on an item with stats for a spec they don't even have- such as a druid with two feral specs rolling need and winning items with int, or a shaman with an ele and a resto spec rolling and needing on items with agility.

I am 100% against this idea. As a druid, I can fill any roll, healer, tank, melee dps, and ranged dps. Resto is my main spec, but I try to maintain moderately decent gear sets for all 4 specs on the off-chance that I will need to fill that roll for my guild. I respec to fill different rolls even just for running 5-mans w/ my guild.

Prevent players from rolling on spec's that they currently use, but may not be currently spec'd for is a bad idea.
Side note: do not confuse "rolling" on an item with "needing on an item" or even "needing on an item and getting the bonus."
2 Goblin Priest
Woah! An update that should've been released with the patch??? What new innovation will Blizz think of next.

Not complaining, I'm happy if anything, but really, this sort of thing would have been accounted for in WoW's heyday. You know, when the devs weren't over-confident in what they could pass off as "content," minus the Activision input.
Edited by Tiedstick on 12/14/2011 12:53 AM PST
85 Tauren Hunter
Can you please address Unique items and prevent spec bonus on those who already have one? If the same could be done with tier pieces it would be great, but I would settle for regular items as a start.

An example is someone running with guild group and rolling need an item that they already have from the regular raid, then feeding that item to their guildmate.
85 Human Paladin
That's always going to be the case - more people will always not-get a roll than will get it - that's kind of the point. You didn't have the piece taken from you, though - if you got the better roll, you'd still have got it - you just don't think you should have to roll against some of the other people.

Which is a fair complaint. Gods, I wish I hadn't had to roll against anyone else when the Spire of Scarlet Pain dropped.

But what you're describing is something that's always going to be a problem until EVERY items is made class specific. And, to be honest, I kind of want to make some of these decisions for myself.

My point is that those weapons are absolutely 100% useless for those classes and there is absolutely no reason to let them roll. I don't care if you want the freedom to be a jerk and roll on a weapon that doesn't give you anything. I can see your complaint about the spirit chestpiece or the paladin/shaman complaint about the offhand. But not weapons and trinkets.

Ideally this would have been done by changing the loot system instead of adding class restrictions, but supposedly we have to wait for MoP for that.
Edited by Balhale on 12/14/2011 1:03 AM PST
85 Human Paladin
12/14/2011 12:06 AMPosted by Bisonox
I forgot about the gold I spent on a gem and reforge...nice ....I just wasted 300gold for nothing! Thanks Blizz-----NOT!

Like 300gold is significant.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Simply not good enough, feels good to lose an int trinket to the enhance shaman. This is phrasing it incredibly nicely too.

The best part is being called "suckas" and then letting us know about his plans to vendor it before dropping group. At least I was 2nd highest roll, that's gotta count for somethin' right? Oh wait nope not at all.
Edited by Monkeydluffy on 12/14/2011 1:32 AM PST
85 Gnome Warlock
Simply not good enough, feels good to lose an int trinket to the enhance shaman. This is phrasing it incredibly nicely too.

The best part is being called "suckas" and then letting us know about his plans to vendor it before dropping group.

Not everyone is so mean spirited. I mean yes I did roll on a chest piece that had spirit on it. But I can reforge it to something more useful. I thought that was why reforging was introduced. To take something less than ideal but make it usable. I rolled on it reforged and gemmed it and am currently wearing it ..though since it now says priest only it's useless.

If they are going to do class restrictions on items they need to add more drops so that say..oh there is an SP/INT cloth piece that drops other than tier for warlocks and mages. Because I don't know about you but nearly ever new piece of caster cloth I have seen drop in new dungeons has spirit on it. And unfortunately seems to have better overall stats than the pieces without.

And..three weapons for rogues only? What were you thinking Blizz? Favoritism much?
90 Tauren Paladin
12/14/2011 01:34 AMPosted by Elibet
And..three weapons for rogues only? What were you thinking Blizz? Favoritism much?

Of those 3 is any a non-1h agil dagger or sword?

Favoitism? if the anser to the first question is no, then it is weapons only they can use to their fullest extent. Druids and hunters prefer 2h agil weapons, DKs/paladins/warriors prefer str ones.
30 Night Elf Priest
I recently won the Off-Hand spirit/haste on my Paladin healer which I don't feel was a ninja item since the 359 shield she was wearing made it leaps and bounds better. The fact that this change means she can no longer use what is a huge upgrade is silly.

I'm absolutely behind the agi/str changes that was just moronic when one or the other would win something that they get virtually no benefit from. But forcing shamans and paladins to use a shield when an Offhand is a clear upgrade flies in the face of everything you've been preaching about loot from day 1.

The armor on a shield for a healer is a joke they don't care about it so stats are stats and I for one am infuriated that not only did I win something(for once) but I gem'd and enchanted it like a good little raider and vendored my crap 359 shield and sit completely up poopcreek

Off-hands are designed for casters. Shields are designed for paladins and shamans.

Ideally they would simply not give you the roll bonus instead of class restricting the item though.
85 Draenei Shaman
Can we get a system in place for teir tokens its frustrating seeing so many people rolling who already have the teir items for LFR and are rolling for friends
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]