To All Roleplayers...

90 Human Warlock
Hello Argent Dawn! This is a message for all roleplayers remaining on Argent Dawn, regardless of your skill level. For those of you who don't roleplay, I respect your ability to refrain from it, and ask respect in return. I'm here to create a productive conversation within the roleplay community. :)

That being said, it is no lie that roleplay has become incredibly hard to find on the server. I've been on the server since it was brand new, so I've seen how great and energetic everything can be when roleplayers get together. I would like for things to get back to that state.

I'm going to offer up a suggestion: one main hub for roleplay. I understand that it's very important to spread roleplay around, but in the state the realm is in, we need to make it so that we actually know of eachothers' existance. Once we have reestablished a strong community, then it will be much easier to branch out while still finding roleplay.

Comments? Suggestions for a location? Thank you, and tell all the roleplayers you know! We'll get the fun and creativity of roleplay up and running again with a little effort. :)
Reply Quote
29 Orc Rogue
It does sound interesting, I actually hopped into this forum to see how the role play was like.
I've never really role played in wow, but I am about to make a human paladin and would be interested in getting into the roleplay scene.
Reply Quote
66 Human Paladin
I was just about to make a post looking for a guild that RPs, I'm just coming back after a 1 1/2 not playing or roleplaying :P

this would be an awesome resourse for new players looking to roleplay or some coming back
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I agree entirely, and the server could use new roleplayers, because we seem to be lacking older ones. As far as a base location for roleplay, it should be somewhere incredibly easy to get to, such as Kharanos.
Reply Quote
11 Human Paladin
Well i'm in, still leveling up, and completely forgot that blacksmith weapons needed leather ><
Reply Quote
52 Blood Elf Rogue
I don't know what you are talking about, the bedsheets in Goldshire are crusty with RP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Crusty with failure, rather. It's my intention to bring back -real- RP. :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I would like to see The Wyvern's Tail become the Horde's go-to place for "PUGRP" (as I like to call roleplaying with strangers). Silvermoon's gotten old.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
We can get the word out. And yes, this post doesn't just apply to Alliance, so feel free to discuss Horde as well. I personally enjoy roleplay on both sides. :D
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
We've just all moved over from Ravenholdt where RP is pretty much dead. We've started a new guild Draconic Ascension, which is light RP/social, looking for active members. We're seasoned in RP having been on Ravenholdt and Sentinels for years. We'd very much be interested in any RP events or helping plan them. I believe we have similar goals and would like any input you can give us.

I hate to see RP die as it has on other servers. It's just very sad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
When I log on next, I'll set up a chat server for roleplayers, and then post more info here. The amount of feedback this thread is receiving is incredible, thank you all so much. :)

Update: To join the Alliance side roleplay channel, type '/join allianceadrp'. I will make a Horde channel at some point, as well.
Edited by Catíana on 12/18/2011 9:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I came to this server about a year now, a bunch of us wanted to try A-side RP (we hail from H-side Kirin Tor) and though I never really saw much activity RP-wise on this server it was kind of the sinking boat we settled on. We've been trying to make the best of it, though most of us just RP within our guilds and group of friends we managed to find when Cataclysm hit I do know there is a RP channel people still sort of use on Alliance called UnitedAD if anyone wanted to join it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
RP on this server is dying, and that's a fact we all know. I make a point to, every single day, fly all over Ironforge and Stormwind to find RPers, along with /whoing any guilds I find and trying to find clusters of people in any area, too see if it's even a hint of RP. I applaud you for trying to bring it back and get new people to join in(something desperately needed), all of you. The need of a main hub is absolutely critical, for RPers to meet and know each other. I personally suggest things like Theramore(downside is, it's far away), Duskwood(downside is.. It's Duskwood.), and Redridge. The latter especially, ince it's close to the main city for the Alliance, it's unpopulated by griefers and the like, and it's a very nice setting with the several types of housing and lake.
Edited by Agalladorn on 12/19/2011 9:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Sorry I'm a bit late to this party ... the idea of a central location (or two) for rp makes sense, but I think that for it to be able to catch people just passing by, it would have to be in one of the major cities. I would lean toward a spot in Stormwind, personally, but that's more because Agency is based there than anything else. ;)

Something that would be interesting that I've been kicking around in the back of my head lately, though, would be -- if there were enough guilds to support it -- is a sort of IC recruitment gathering. Of course, I'm throwing that out there not knowing if that would even fit with anyone's recruiting strategy, but it would be an avenue for both overall exposure and inter-guild interaction.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Agalladorn: I knew I'd seen you around! I agree with your location idea. There used to be tons of roleplay in Theramore, but I think it died due to the distance. Darkshire is very empty now, so we may not have to worry about too much. However, with Darkshire and Redridge, the issue becomes low-levels actually getting to the location. I can imagine a few pissed-off lowbies being attacked by black dragonlings during the walk to Lakeshire.

Dinaestra: I can see your point about the major cities. The issue I have with it, though, is the various different chat channels, and potential for griefers. The chat channels tend to drown out roleplay, while griefers...well... :P There may be a way to work around those things, though! As far as the recruitment gathering, I -love- the idea. I'm the leader of my roleplaying guild, and we definitely need more numbers, and this seems like the perfect opportunity to observe the roleplaying of potential new members. Once we pick a place, let's organize it! It can be our first roleplaying event, followed by many more, of course!

Thank you all for responding. This is turning out so much better than I ever dreamed it would. :D
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Bumping for great justice.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I'm on channel LFRP, hoping someone will get the same idea. :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
We need this. Damn raiders took over...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Even though I'm not as active on Horde anymore, let me know if there is anything I can do to start rebuilding roleplay there. :) Also, I think we're going to just stick to the ADRP channel. It is already being used, and more simple than AllianceADRP. Everyone go ahead and join that one, and if you know any roleplay guild leaders it would be -amazing- if word could get out. I'll do my best of spreading word to those I know. Thanks so much! :)
Reply Quote
12/21/2011 04:42 PMPosted by Catíana
Also, I think we're going to just stick to the ADRP channel. It is already being used, and more simple than AllianceADRP.

I'm not sure how well it would do to have two -- or even three -- separate channels in operation. As Shadith mentioned earlier, UnitedAD already existed and tends to keep a steady, if small, following.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]