To All Roleplayers...

90 Human Warlock
12/21/2011 06:20 PMPosted by Dinaestra
I'm not sure how well it would do to have two -- or even three -- separate channels in operation. As Shadith mentioned earlier, UnitedAD already existed and tends to keep a steady, if small, following.

After joining the channel, I have to agree. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of people who use it. :)

Are there any more recommendations for a main hub of roleplay? Right now I'm leaning more towards Stormwind or Redridge. Let's get this out of the way so that we can begin planning actual events!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Bump.
Reply Quote
32 Night Elf Hunter
Hello, I'm a bit new to this realm in particular but hail from several other RP realms. Basically here for friends/family, but I love RP.

Anyhoo. A main hub is always good, a place for people to gather 'n such. Stormwind is nice, it's a beautiful city and there are always little nooks to RP in. Redridge is a great thought, I think. The town there is nice and the surroundings are too.

One thing one RP realm I've been to does, that might help organize stuff, is they have a small guild of 'criers', like town criers, that keep lists of people who RP and when events are created then send out mass invites to the RPers on the lists. To let people know what's happening and when. I would be happy to help organize such a guild/list on this realm. Feel free to send me in-game mail or a whisper if I'm on, always up for friendly chit-chat and/or idea-bouncing.

Looking forward to some good RP! :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Anaqcelsia, I really like the town crier idea. I'll have to see if I can organize something like that, and your help would be much appreciated. :)

I think we'll stick to Stormwind for now, to increase awareness about roleplaying, and then shift over to Redridge if we see fit. Now...any ideas for roleplay events to get this started? Thanks everyone!
Reply Quote
Where in Stormwind? I have one good RP friend, but I came here today hoping to find more of a community. It can be hard to pull off a good story when only two of our characters can be online at the same time! (Although we do fill in with written bits and I think we do pretty well!)

I'm glad to see there are still some active RP guilds around.
Reply Quote
32 Night Elf Hunter
I would be happy to help. :) I have several open slots to make a lowbie 'crier' and a guild for it.

As for where in Stormwind, there are a lot of nice little places. The Blue Recluse on one server I've been to gets used regularly for tavern RP. Behind/inside the cathedral is often used for weekly sunday services events. There's also the Shady Lady for more tavern-type or the Pig 'n Whistle.

Another fun thing I've seen done is called 'Walking Wednesdays'. Basically it's where RPers just walk the city. Put on your best RP outfit and wander around. This way you can bump into other RPers and give the ever subtle message to those you pass -- Yes. This is an RP server. People RP here.

For a first event maybe some sort of meet 'n greet would be best, perhaps with inviting everybody to a raid for an ooc option as well. To chat about ideas and such for the betterment of the RP community. :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I use to be the owner of Alliance of Lordaeron and I still believe that guild name isn't taken, so what I can do is maybe get the guild back and possibly we can do some giant IC reclaim of Lordaeron maybe? We all go in take out Sylvanas and just RP taking back Lordaeron..

-Vythrin/Nathent
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
If we could revive Horde-side rp as well, with a hub that isn't Silvermoon, I might consider getting serious in the rp-scene again. It's just slightly depressing that most of the major RPers left before Cata.

Anyone got any other ideas? I mean Royal Exchange is cool and all... but it's old.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
01/15/2012 04:28 AMPosted by Mithian
Anyone got any other ideas? I mean Royal Exchange is cool and all... but it's old.

I could say the same thing about blood elf RP in general. Belves are cool, but I really wish that more people were interested in playing the other races of the Horde so we'd have more variety. That, and I love all of the Horde races.

I did mention earlier in the thread The Wyvern's Tail in Orgrimmar. It gets rowdy in there at times with level-84s getting ambushed by Twilights, but at least Gamon isn't there. /cower I can't help but be envious of Stormwind's many places to RP. You guys have to good.

If anyone is interesting in roleplaying, /join ADRP
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I won't RP in Org because I honestly don't think my character would, ICly, be hanging around in Org.

Aside from that, I don't think it's the venue that matters all that much, but folks themselves. Belves sitting around being prissy or dark and brooding and oh so serious waiting for someone to give them attention isn't very entertaining.

Give me bar brawls and conflict and excitement and comedy any day. Then again, my character barbrawling would be like a limpwristed slap fight... until he pulls out a bomb and it blows up in his face.

Alas.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Give me bar brawls and conflict and excitement and comedy any day. Then again, my character barbrawling would be like a limpwristed slap fight... until someone messes with his hair.

Alas.

Fixed that for you Belfie.

I'm all for RP, in fact I do my best to find people in Goldshire and show them that ERP ain't the only fun you can have with your pants on. If you see me in game feel free to walk up and talk to me. I don't care if you *smiles warmly* Role-play like that. Or;
Mathon stretched in his chair and scratched his bottom before continuing to type.

Like that.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I loled slightly at your correction. (I don't know how much a wacky inventor cares about hair though.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm looking to get back into more RP, whisper me in game please.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
People are unlikely to go out of their way to leave core centers where portals to the real content of the game are.
Edited by Zandrae on 1/20/2012 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Silvermoon was a popular hangout in BC and Wrath. I personally stopped spending my offtime there when Blizzard stripped Dalaran and Shat of their portal hub status and didn't make an equal portal hub to Orgrimmar.

Sure, I could log my mage on my other account and portal myself, but people who aren't insane have to take a blimp, run into a city, and take a teleport to get there, and I think that's too much effort for most folks.

But I've got Jewelcrafting dailies to do and portals to jump through for raids nearly every day of the week, and what if I want to transmog some gears or visit the barber shop. (Why doesn't silvermoon have a barbershop? wtf?) It's just too much effort.

So I just stand around on the porch of The Wyvern's Tail in the Valley of Honor and look pretty. If you were a Paladin in full Judgement and a Priest in full Avatar with the Staff of Immaculate Recovery (priest on a stick) you'd stand around and look pretty too.

Blizzard has pretty much killed the interest in other cities for anyone aside from those leveling up out of those hubs, and that sucks.

RP Resources: There was a list of guilds, it fell off of existence when the forums transitioned. There was also a wiki but there was minimal interest in it, Yanisin fell off the game and I took a 9 month break when Cata launched.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Mage portals:
Join group with mage.
Mage casts portal (consumes reagent).
Portal lasts X amount of time.

Some mages are willing to portal people, to others folks begging for portals is on the same annoyance levels as people begging for gold.

I'm too much of a busybody to stand around playing portal mage all day. I'm not sure how many other folks would enjoy doing that role.

All I can really do is shake my fist.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]