To All Roleplayers...

90 Human Warlock
I apologize for not being active for quite some time, but life was being bothersome for a while. :P

To catch myself up, did I correctly read that we are still discussing main locations? I actually liked the idea of Thelsamar, but getting there may be tough. Honestly, somewhere around Stormwind may be best for our first location, seeing as it is a halfway point between all races (Tram, boats for Night Elves...). I just wish Westfall wasn't so terribly boring... :P

I think we should also try to perhaps plan an event for one of the upcoming WoW holidays. Or maybe we could all meet up on one of the Darkmoon Faire days? Give me your input!

I'm so impressed with how far we've gotten. Thanks, all!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Very nice. :D I think we should make sure all roleplaying guilds are aware of eachother. So for all of your information, anyone in the guild The House of Rine is a roleplayer. It's a pretty small guild as of right now, however, seeking more members.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Lakeshire's not that bad, pretty exciting as well considering JOHN J. KEESHAN calls it home. Used to be a pretty good roleplay spot considering my old guild, Crimson Serenity, called it home.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The most generally preferred roleplay hub seems to be Lakeshire at this point. Does anyone have any final objections? Otherwise, let's get this thing started by making Lakeshire our new meeting place!

Also, I'm going to go ahead and recreate that roleplay guild thread, unless someone has already done so. I'll keep everyone posted.

EDIT: Alright, everyone. Here it is:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3963916755
Edited by Catíana on 1/25/2012 3:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Alright everyone! It has been decided that Lakeshire is our new roleplaying hub! I'll get the word out, and if anyone could help me out with this it'd be incredible. Thanks so much for your continued effort!

Remember to join UnitedAD to keep contact with the roleplaying community, and post your guild information in the forum entitled Roleplaying Guilds. Or, I think there's another thread for it now. Post to both! :D

Also, you may all be interested in creating profiles in the ADRP Wiki page (http://argentdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page). This is especially useful for new roleplayers, as I've found it truly helps me explore my character.

Thank you all!
Reply Quote
Hi. I am new to Wow. I started with the play for free and have been paid for 4 days. I chose this roleplaying realm because I thought it would be an interesting way to immerse myself in the game. When I am in Argent Dawn however I do not run into anyone that seems to be role playing. Am I missing something?
Is there a place I can go that explains the rules of roleplaying? I was under the impression is was sort of like acting a character in a play in other words my character Jowin would only speak as if I am actually a Dwarf Shaman and possibly hang out in the Inn and drink Ale when not killing monsters or cooking boar meat.
I would like to join in and like the Lakeshire location as well. It has great buildings with boars to harvest and a forge as well. I have mining and jewelcrafting as my professions with cooking secondary.

(edit) One other thing. How do I join UnitedAD? Where is it and how do I get there?
Edited by Jowin on 1/31/2012 8:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Hello Jowin. :) To join UnitedAD, simple type '/join unitedad' into your chat box. Simple as that. Roleplaying is very simple as well, but if you like I am entirely willing to help you out through showing you some tips and tricks.
Reply Quote
Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
hello! looking for a place to set a RP area for the alliance is a great idea!more often that not i find myself flying around elwinn(hate the damn place, though, always laggy) or visiting the old district's inn(the last spot i knew of RPing in AD. though that was like 9 months ago, so im not sure now) so i came with a sugestion of mine, plus agreeing with some said before!
1-ironforge: lots places to set in the city as a RP point, not many players, therefore reducing lag, and the easy acess to most races, in my opinion.
2- theramoore: large, full of varied buildings, lag free and calm!plus, we got to enjoy the place before its destroyed on MoP, lol. the only downside is that taking a boat from menethil or flying from darnassus takes a bit of time...
3-Lakeshire: great place indeed, just like theramoore but with easier acess!

Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
The players tavern at the Blue Recluse was on Emerald Dream. It went through a few iterations, and I was in charge of the first one and one of later ones as just Aldon. I'd love to resurrect it on Argent Dawn, and call the Silver Tongued Lady like we had done the second time I was in charge.

I'm thinking Tuesdays 8-10 server time.

Having a specific time instead of general RP area can be good for getting the community together at one time and make new friendships.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Aldonjr, I LOVE that idea. It makes absolute sense, and sounds like a lot of fun. If you can get that up and running, it would definitely benefit the server. Let me know if I can help in any way!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
that idea sounds great! we need more like that for sure RP meet and greets so to speak :)
Edited by Eredon on 2/15/2012 2:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Im new to this realm,and would love to meet other rper's and join a guild.ive met only one other person so far in my travels who roleplayed back and wasn't shocked or mocking me for being in char *smirks*
Edited by Karros on 2/23/2012 3:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
41 Worgen Warrior
I'm interested in trying to RP in WoW. Although it doesn't seem that WoW is built to accomodate RP'ers very well and it seems that the community is dying somewhat. Is this still ongoing, when are you all the most active?
Reply Quote
13 Blood Elf Rogue
Name's Tekove. I just started a character a few days ago and after seeing another role-player online, I was anxious to see other like-minded fellows.

Of course, I do see alot of people around, but they tend not to talk..at all, or rp. Are there any guilds out there that encourage role-playing, or at least does anyone know good spots where I can see alot of roleplayers? I'm currently in silvermoon/ghostlands area, so I guess I shouldn't expect to see much people yet..or something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Here's what I'm going to do for everyone seeking a roleplaying guild. The House of Rine (my guild) isn't terribly active, but I'm going to open it up to anyone who doesn't have a guild. There doesn't need to be a roleplaying reason for you to be in the guild (unless you want to remain in the guild!), it will simply act as a community for events and getting together and such. Then, if you wish, you can leave once you've found an RP guild that more suits you.

If you're interested, let me know, I'll friend you in game, and then send you an invite when we're both next on. This way, you'll always have a connection to me and other new/unguilded roleplayers. :)

If anyone is interested for this to occur on Horde too, let me know and I'll set up a guild on my BE, Kaelindra.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]