Starter Edition?

1 Blood Elf Paladin
I recently bought the Battle Chest and all the expansions digitally (~4hrs Ago) me and my friend wanted to start playing again so we started again, I have gone through the digital purchase multiple time (Bought the game multiple time before this) and it has been fine occasionally the locks (ie. No trade, etc) were still there which is fine it say 72 Hours at the most ok, well at this point I cannot even invite my friend let alone anyone to a party because it is saying I am still a Starter Edition?

Looking for some help here, like I have said before I've done this over the past years multiple times and never had a problem with inviting a friend to party? It is quite frustrating I just wanna play with my friend instead of running around by myself, I also RaF him.

Some insight please.

Thank you
Reply Quote
It really comes down to the 72 hour window. Some restrictions will be lifted immediately like your ability to get over level 20. Some will take a bit longer. It's not that they will all take 72 hours, but anything within that window may still be restricted. Just keep trying every few hours and see what happens.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/14/2011 05:58 PMPosted by Conconcan
(~4hrs Ago)

It can take up to 72 hours for all starter restrictions to fall off when upgrading digitally, Con. Leveling, gold and professions caps should lift right away.
Reply Quote
70 Human Mage
Has it been the full 72 hours?

It could be that since a patch release was recent, these type of things takes longer than they should.

This issue also seemed to happen to payed services such as transfers, faction changes... etc.

If it hasn't been the full time try to be patient.

If it's been over that time though, you should try calling Billing, see if they can help ya.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, slighty impatient BUT i'm more confused about the fact that it doesn't even allow me to invite someone to my group? I guess that's something new? That's the only real problem at the moment.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Because the game doesn't consider you a paying (non-starter account) member yet. It has not yet been the full 72 hours, according to your first post. Be patient.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok, sorry... Still quite sad b/c I can do everything but be in a group. This thread can be closed now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/14/2011 06:10 PMPosted by Conconcan
Ok, sorry... Still quite sad b/c I can do everything but be in a group. This thread can be closed now.

You can be in a group...you just can't do the invite yourself.
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Mage
well this sucks, cause i'm in the same predicament as him. I got everything, now i have to wait 3 days till i can "fully" use my account? thats rubbish -_-
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
12/18/2011 06:02 PMPosted by Dermorben
well this sucks, cause i'm in the same predicament as him. I got everything, now i have to wait 3 days till i can "fully" use my account? thats rubbish -_-
Then call and complain to your bank for not submitting the funds they took out of your account in a timely manner. The 72 hours is totally dependent on your bank actually sending those funds to Blizzard. Until Blizzard receives the payment, you aren't a paying customer.
Reply Quote
36 Blood Elf Hunter
12/18/2011 06:02 PMPosted by Dermorben

That isn't Blizzard's doing. Banks tend to take your money from you, but not pass it on to the vendor very quickly. They hang onto it to make more money with it.

So if you have a problem with it, call your bank. Blizzard opens it as soon as they get the money.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]