[H] Casual Social Guild <Solaris> is Open!

100 Blood Elf Warrior
Solaris: a fun, casual, social guild looking for friends!

So picture this: one day, you're browsing the guild recruitment forums, 'cause hey, you're really hankering for a sweet place to park your characters. The thing is... you're sick of raiding! It's just not your thing anymore! Scrolling past the myriad threads advertising l33t guilds with promises of phat lewtz, you come across a small thread proffering the wares of the best non-raiding guild that the Thrall realm has to offer: Solaris.

I know what you're thinking. "How is Solaris any different from any other laidback, casual, non-raiding WoW guild out there?"

Solaris is a guild formed by friends and ex-raiders who grew tired of the raid scene, the nerdrage it can bring, and the inevitable drama. We wanted a place where we could hang out and enjoy the game without having to deal with raid schedules, irate raid leaders and 'that guy.' Yeah, you know the guy. (http://www.wowwiki.com/People_in_your_Raid)

We want to goof off, have fun, socialize, help one another and make lots of new friends in the process. We're a laidback, silly group who love cracking jokes, telling silly stories, making fun of the things that make this game such 'srs bsns,' and just generally enjoying WoW in a positive, healthy, social environment. We enjoy PVP, hanging out in vent, long walks on the beach, walruses, and candlelit dinners. We do not schedule or host any events outside of the occasional premade PVP group or guild achievement runs. We want our game time to be obligation-free!

Are you a positive player with a good attitude and a casual approach to the game? If so, we'd love to hear from you! We are mostly comprised of 18+ members and therefore most of our playerbase works or has other obligations. Because of this, we're most active in the evenings or late at night.

Our new website is now live and can be found at this address:

http://solaris.netai.net
Edited by Daggaeroth on 1/4/2012 9:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
We at Solaris hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas day and will have a great New Years Day coming up!

I actually have New Years Day off from work! Woo-hoo!
Reply Quote
78 Blood Elf Hunter
New Year's Eve bump! Be safe, everyone!!! And join our guild.

Yes. Join us.
Reply Quote
78 Blood Elf Hunter
Farting isn't funny, my brother died that way.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
My brother died to Sephiroth. It sucked.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
My helmet makes me feel like a superhero.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I'll try to get a hold of you in game. I've been avoiding random guild invites until I found one that matched my play style.. and level of (im)maturity.

I'm 38, a Mom of 4 boys. I refuse to act my age (ya know, like our parents did, all grown up and proper), and my motto is 'you only have one life. I'd rather lay on my deathbed looking at friends and family and know I had a hell of a ride, then wish I had done things differently'.
I raided on Zangarmarsh for quite a while, even achieved 'best dressed' resto shaman Horde side, but as you mentioned, the drama that came with it just proved too much.
I'm currently just working through zones on my way to Loremaster/Seeker, and I'm having a blast. Funny how you can forget that this is a game when all around you people are worried about purple pixels.

Anyways, looking forward to chatting with you to find out if we would be a perfect match. Until then, have a great day =D
Reply Quote
78 Blood Elf Hunter
01/04/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Alvarian
I'm currently just working through zones on my way to Loremaster/Seeker, and I'm having a blast. Funny how you can forget that this is a game when all around you people are worried about purple pixels.

I'm doing this, too! It's awesome. Can't wait to have you in the guild, weeeeeee
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
01/04/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Shadeille

I'm doing this, too! It's awesome. Can't wait to have you in the guild, weeeeeee

I think I saw you a couple of times while I was working through Eversong and Ghostlands. (I either randomly /wave or /lick people.. don't ask..lol)
I've leveled about 12 toons to 85 so far, and this is the first time I'm actually enjoying myself.

Sad huh?

Can't wait either. =D

Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
I used to be a hardcore raider like you... then I took an arrow in the knee.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
01/04/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Daggaeroth
I used to be a hardcore raider like you... then I took an arrow in the knee.

=P
Reply Quote
78 Blood Elf Hunter
Speaking of knees, I just slammed one of mine into my desk.

Ouch.
Reply Quote
78 Blood Elf Hunter
Just so everyone knows- my knee is ok. You can all stop worrying, now.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Ok. I was so worried.
Reply Quote
78 Blood Elf Hunter
Daggaeroth, that helmet really does look weird.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Isn't it glorious how hilariously stupid I look? It reminds me of the Heartless from that Kingdom Hearts game.
Reply Quote
78 Blood Elf Hunter
Your helm may look weird, but you'll never look as weird as this guy.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Frogjohn/advanced
Reply Quote
78 Blood Elf Hunter
Things that people say that annoy me:

"y did u run past there fc noob"

"there ppl have to many healz just let them win"
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
I am firmly of the opinion that if you were to form a battleground group of 100% healers, you could quickly and effectively win any battleground in the game. And this annoys me intensely.
Reply Quote
78 Blood Elf Hunter
Mermaids wear algae-bras.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]