So, who's cooking for the Holidays?

90 Night Elf Druid
And what are you whipping up in yoru kitchen? Any new/interesting recipes out there?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I'm making Turbaconepic.

That's a quail, inside of a cornish hen, inside of a chicken, inside of a duck, inside of a turkey, with bacon layering, wrapped entirely in bacon and smothered in a nice sauce.

Seen here:

http://www.epicmealtime.com/videos/2010/11/23/turbaconepic-thanksgiving.html
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Are you joking, or are you really going to attempt that beast? (I'll be in Ohio Feb 4 thru 7th)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Cinnamon Rolls
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
After Thanksgiving, I will not be cooking for this one. We are going to my parents, YAY free food!!!

And I have to state, anything with pumpkin in it, is nasty. Makes me get sick thinking of it...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
get the !@#$ out
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
And I have to state, anything with pumpkin in it, is nasty. Makes me get sick thinking of it...

you're my hero. Even the smell of pumpkin sickens me.

Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/16/2011 11:58 PMPosted by Zeaket
get the !@#$ out

Agreed.

If you don't like pumpkin, whatever your guild tag is, you're now BANNED from my Progression and Guild List compendium.
Edited by Balatro on 12/17/2011 3:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Since i own a restaurant i'm probably cooking a lot of things for a lot of people over the holidays.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My kids won't let Christmas pass without pestering me to bake some chocolate chip cookies. So that's on the list. I'm sure we'll fry a turkey on Christmas eve. That means we have to make dressing, gravy and garlic mashed potatoes, too. We had our fill of pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. So, I'm thinking chocolate pie for Christmas.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/17/2011 10:19 AMPosted by Rapph
Since i own a restaurant i'm probably cooking a lot of things for a lot of people over the holidays.

Sup cutie, your Momma let you date?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/17/2011 10:47 AMPosted by Balatro

Sup cutie, your Momma let you date?

Zeak all ready called dibs. /sorry
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Woah now, I thought I was his one and only.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
So did I but i had to find out the hard way it just wasn't true :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
we can all have dinner at rapph's restaurant, and then have some dessert at my house
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If we're having an "ice cream sandwich" again, can I be the ice cream this time?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Only because it's christmas!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Here's my secret holiday recipe for this year:

1) Go to liquor store;
2) Buy many various bottles of decent wine;
3) Bring them to mom's house on Christmas;
4) Drink them until I don't care whether or not my mom & my boyfriend's parents get along well;

(Note: Step 4 is very important, double-check fullness of wineglass often.)

Dinner will be pretty traditional - turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, green beans, blah blah blah. Dessert a little less so - a choice of natilla (basically, a cinnamon custard) and buñuelos (fritters, I guess, made with queso fresco), or pie - probably apple - for the people who are cautious about eating anything that sounds too "ethnic". :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/17/2011 10:19 AMPosted by Rapph

In the states?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
1) Go to liquor store;
2) Buy many various bottles of decent wine;
3) Bring them to mom's house on Christmas;
4) Drink them until I don't care whether or not my mom & my boyfriend's parents get along well;

So much win :D

Going to be a pretty normal christmas here. Going to grandma's for x-mas eve for dinner (turkey and all that), get dragged to mass (the one time I go per year......and how it BURNS when I enter that building), then to my dad's for x-mas dinner (prob ham) and with any luck they will keep the kids for the night.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]