4.3 5 man dungeons

90 Orc Hunter
One of the things I have noticed about the three new dungeons is that, at least in these first few weeks, I have been put in random groups with people from Madoran a lot more frequently. It has been fun to put "faces" to some of the names I have seen in trade chat, or hanging around in Org. Has anyone else experienced and/or enjoyed this?
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
The system specifically matches people from the same server to promote a sense of community. Looks like it's working.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
but what if one were to hate everyone on madoran? it would suck to be them!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
i know that feeling all too well stubby
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
suppose to group us with our own server? geeze gonna have to stop doing instances now
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Oh hell. Terrys found the forums again. I was hoping he wouldn't ever locate these new ones.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/15/2011 03:50 PMPosted by Imnestea
The system specifically matches people from the same server to promote a sense of community. Looks like it's working.

Really?

I rarely get madoran people, however I have noticed a few times where I queued while chatting with a friend on Madoran who was queued, we got in the same instance. It was pretty damn cool. But most of the time, like the vast majority, I don't even get 2 people from the same realm (Unless they queued together) normally. I do a check everytime because it was recently feeling like it tried to grab a random person from seperate realms.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/17/2011 02:56 AMPosted by Vardar

Really?

I rarely get madoran people, however I have noticed a few times where I queued while chatting with a friend on Madoran who was queued, we got in the same instance. It was pretty damn cool. But most of the time, like the vast majority, I don't even get 2 people from the same realm (Unless they queued together) normally. I do a check everytime because it was recently feeling like it tried to grab a random person from seperate realms.

Without knowing who/what/when/where/etc of who else was in LFG from Madoran we can't really make a clear decision. Yes, Blizzard has said the intent of the system is match fellow "realm-mates" and I think, by and large, this is exactly what happens.

But it's also a timing thing too, they need to queue within a fairly close time frame of one another as well.

From personal experience, the times I've been matched with 1 other person from Madoran -- pretty low, but it has happened.

Now, if it's a semi-premade (2-3/4 people), my chances seem to shoot through the roof. I've queued as dps with a 15+ wait time and had it pop within 2-3 minutes. Go figure, the other 4 were from Madoran. These situations I have happen fairly regularly on a weekly basis but I also probably run more dungeons than most people - 7 85s to cap every week.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
VERY recently I've been more commonly getting fellow people from madoran. But in the past, aka wrath and t11, I would pretty much never get someone. Just my experience.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I noticed the other day that when I queued for LFD in a party, I got matched with the same people from my party. It must be a bug. I put in like 50 tickets, but none of the GMs will talk to me.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
did you try /console reloadui?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
try deleting your wtf and cache folders
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Yea, I noticed I have been getting people from the realm in my group. It was a surprise the first time it happened.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Now, if it's a semi-premade (2-3/4 people)...

I wonder where they found the three-quarters of a person to queue with.
Edited by Ehu on 12/18/2011 1:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
you're funny, i like you
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
12/18/2011 05:00 AMPosted by Zeaket
you're funny, i like you

Damn. And my day was going so well, until now...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/18/2011 10:10 AMPosted by Ehu
you're funny, i like you

Damn. And my day was going so well, until now...

That's why you leave the trolling to actual trolls, it's better that way for all of us.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
zeaket, the ruiner of days

i like it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]