Battle for Halaa - January 1st 2012

85 Human Priest
12/20/2011 09:41 AMPosted by Gluteas
I want my damn Halaa mount. These tokens have been collecting dust in my bank for a long time. I may be here for this. Also, I may be able to setup a Mumbler server before then. As you know Sym, LH's vent can't support more than 35 people.

Yup and my personal vent is only for 30 as well.

Mount collectors, Halaa can get you at least 2 mounts!

Sym
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest

Still looking for people to step up or hell, just show up and kill !

Sym
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Priest
World PvP? yup I'll be there
Edited by Electrasol on 12/31/2011 4:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
Confirmed: I can't be there. I'll be in-between Houston & Dallas when that kicks off. Win it for me, Horde! Punish those Alliance imperialists!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Thanks for the rumble at Halaa!
I and many of my guildies were able to get enough battle tokens for our mounts! Hopefully the Hordies got their fill as well.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Thanks for a great time! Got well over enough for both my mounts :D
I'll keep checking here if there's going to be anymore rumbles I'm totally up for coming and helping others get their tokens as well! Now to finish farming the powder *sighs*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Was definately fun! :)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Everyone from The Electric Mayhem has a blast! Thanks for coming out. Hope the horde won't be discouraged to do this again after the whooping we gave them.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I wouldn't really call it a whooping, but then again I did show up a bit late and can only attest for the pwnage of heals I personally unleash.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Thank you to everyone who showed up for this event. It was a blast on all sides. As those there know the Allaince outnumbered the Horde almost 2 to 1 but that didn't discourage anyone. I went on my DK to help on the numbers and we worked for a long time and slowly took out the guards to take over Halaa about 1 1/2 later. It was great that people didn;t give up and we all kept at it.

Grats to all those who got their tokens and special thanks to Death ( with weird characters ) who got the group going Alliance side and to the guys at Metal Militia, Wyvern and gang, who started it Horde side. Another special props goes to Proto from LB. He kept the Horde focused and from giving up.

Thanks again all!!

Sym ( Dænerys horde DK )
Edited by Symantha on 1/1/2012 11:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Thank you to everyone who showed up for this event. It was a blast on all sides. As those there know the Allaince outnumbered the Horde almost 2 to 1 but that didn't discourage anyone. I went on my DK to help on the numbers and we worked for a long time and slowly took out the guards to take over Halaa about 1 1/2 later. It was great that people didn;t give up and we all kept at it.

Grats to all those who got their tokens and special thanks to Death ( with weird characters ) who got the group going Alliance side and to the guys at Metal Militia, Wyvern and gang, who started it Horde side. Another special props goes to Proto from LB. He kept the Horde focused and from giving up.

Thanks again all!!

Sym ( Dænerys horde DK )

Horde never actually took Halaa, you killed our mount vendor so we flew out of the area and let you take it. We then came back and massacred the horde with ease so our mount vendor would respawn. It was alot of fun but let's not get carried away, the Alliance completely dominated this event.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
Horde never actually took Halaa, you killed our mount vendor so we flew out of the area and let you take it. We then came back and massacred the horde with ease so our mount vendor would respawn. It was alot of fun but let's not get carried away, the Alliance completely dominated this event.

Pretty tough talk for someone that just got destroyed at Halaa an hour or two ago when you outnumbered me 2-1 and had to fly away to summon MORE to counter a single Horde. Embarrassing.

Further still, as Sym pointed out, you outnumbered the Horde at the scheduled event by a rough 2-1 ratio. You didn't "dominate;" you "herp derp zerged" like Alliance always do. Your strength lies only in your numbers on this particular realm. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by your self-gratifying banter boasting about a battle that was over before it started.
Edited by Wooha on 1/2/2012 8:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
as sym pointed out, we were outnumbered. also, when they left the area so the vendor would respawn, about half of our small squad hearthed out...... they figured the alliance gave up. at that point it was about 3 alliance to 1 horde. i would have been surprised if they didn't massacre us, but i'm glad it gave wam something to epeen about. win or lose i had a great time and would love to do it again sometime soon.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
01/02/2012 08:45 AMPosted by Wooha

Pretty tough talk for someone that just got destroyed at Halaa an hour or two ago when you outnumbered me 2-1 and had to fly away to summon MORE to counter a single Horde. Embarrassing.

Further still, as Sym pointed out, you outnumbered the Horde at the scheduled event by a rough 2-1 ratio. You didn't "dominate;" you "herp derp zerged" like Alliance always do. Your strength lies only in your numbers on this particular realm. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by your self-gratifying banter boasting about a battle that was over before it started.

We killed you twice and yes you did kill me once - grats bro, we were in PvE gear killing guards. We summoned another guildie who wanted to farm powder with us for mounts.
Edited by Wam on 1/2/2012 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
01/02/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Freeball
as sym pointed out, we were outnumbered. also, when they left the area so the vendor would respawn, about half of our small squad hearthed out...... they figured the alliance gave up. at that point it was about 3 alliance to 1 horde. i would have been surprised if they didn't massacre us, but i'm glad it gave wam something to epeen about. win or lose i had a great time and would love to do it again sometime soon.

Nobody is epeening. I was just stating the fact that no matter how the horde try to spin it they got worked. If you don't like that I suggest you schedule another event and rally more Horde to participate, I'm sure the Alliance would gladly meet you for another battle.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
We killed you twice and yes you did kill me once... We summoned another guildie who wanted to farm powder with us for mounts.

Someone's memory is a bit fuzzy. You got me once and your mage friend was so incredibly maimed that I just came back, ripped her head off, then continued to rip your liver out & eat it raw. Two Alliance deaths vs. one Horde death in a scenario where the Alliance had the clear advantage.

grats bro, we were in PvE gear killing guards.

An advantage mitigated by the fact that you were both ranged - your survivability relies less on resilience and more on keeping the enemy at range. Resilience only matters if the enemy gets to you. For all that time you were just blasting me from afar while I smashed your mage friend, your PVE gear worked to your advantage.

Nobody is epeening.

You're just kidding yourself. Such condescending phrases as "we let you take it," "we massacred the Horde," "they got worked," etc. carry a blatant epeen measuring attitude, which I find ironic coming from someone so easily "massacred" the very next day, even though the advantage was clearly in your court.

Don't let me find you alone - you won't always have other players to hide behind. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Glad im not on Thunderhorn any more, ally wouldnt have stood a chance ^^ .
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
You guys always manage to make me laugh. Sorry I couldn't make it to the massacre. =D
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest

Thanks again all!!

Sym ( Dænerys horde DK )

LOL not getting carried away and don't need to spin for either side. With your numbers you did dominate for a long time but we kept widdling down your guards and when we took it there was still well over 20 Alliance we killed ( 1.2 to 1 Horde to Alliance at that time ) when we did.

After we took it we waiting around for a good 10 minutes with no action so over 1/2 of the Horde hearthed out. I was still there when you guys can storming in at that time about 4 to 1.

Even still Alliance won this battle. Now if we can only get more horde to show up next time... and yes there will be a next time ! We still had a blast on both sides and that is what matters.

Until then....

Sym
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]