Goodbye Azshara

85 Goblin Mage
Yup you guessed it. It's another farewell thread.

Death Minions will be transferring most likely the week of Christmas. We still have some lingering work that needs to be finished before transferring so the date isn't set in stone.

It's been fun while it lasted on this server. Lately however it's next to impossible to find reliable raid replacements that don't need to be geared up from scratch just to handle current content. Also gearing someone only to have them bail or transfer is getting out of hand as well.

So after a long debate we have chosen to move on. We're heading over to Arthas. There will still be a DM on Azshara and some members will be staying behind, at least for a little while.

By the way, I always said I would never leave Azshara. Guess I was just kidding myself.
Reply Quote
Welp its officially down to just Aeon left Horde side for "guilds that have been around 2-3 years or more on Azshara that HAVEN'T left yet"

The saddest server gets a little sadder. Of course, DM is more or less a shell of what it was in Wrath in terms of activity and people but who didn't get hit hard on this server the past year? Its why so many other guilds have left since Cata hit.

BTW, you won't regret it once you move. I know its a little apprehensive at first, everyone staring down spending 25 bucks x # of characters they want/need to move but once you get to a real server you never look back. If you haven't been on a real server before you are in for quite a treat.

If you have been on a real server before long ago, you will feel like a prisoner getting paroled after doing 20 years in solitary and realizing what the game actually is like when you're not on what possibly is the lowest pop US realm out of 247.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
so...... Which guilds next? and when will blizzard realise that they REALLY need to do something about this low pop issue.....
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
unfortunately they'll never 'fix' our server... because people are paying every week to xfer off... theyre making more money off of the xfers than they do off the subscriptions on this realm.. we are doomed to azshara the ghost town untill we either xfer off also.. or just quit playing
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Good luck DM!!!!! Hope you love your new server! <3
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
have fun!! :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
its a sad day indeed we have been delaying this for a very long time in the hope that blizz would do the rite thing an help us low pops out buts seems they are smart enuf to realise its easyer to just let a server die an have everyone leave :(

i moved here from blackrock due to log in times an have loved azshara since but when even puggin bh on a alt takes 2-3 days to get enuf ppl online at once there is somethin wrong
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
12/16/2011 02:34 PMPosted by Seraphys
The saddest server gets a little sadder. Of course, DM is more or less a shell of what it was in Wrath in terms of activity and people but who didn't get hit hard on this server the past year? Its why so many other guilds have left since Cata hit.

Death Minions was actually decent in Wrath?

When did this happen?

How you turn "DM is more or less a shell of what it was in Wrath in terms of activity" into "Death Minions was good/awesome/great in Wrath"?

I'm pretty sure they are referring to numbers of active members. Maybe it's the word "activity" that gives it away. In Wrath we had an average of 35+ people online at any given time. Now we're lucky to hit 15 online at once. People have either quit the game or transferred off.

As for progression, out 10-man was second behind Aeon. 25-man fell behind when we started struggling to get 25 people in the group. Each week we had 3-4 different people thus having to gear or teach them. I hated it.

DM's motto always was, "Gearing players for other guilds!" I lost count over the years of the people that left our 25 mans for Aeon, Armistice or some other guild that was further ahead.
Edited by Avellin on 12/17/2011 9:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Farewell DM. Best of luck in all your future endeavors.

/salute
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
See you guys soon. Arthas is awesome !
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
12/16/2011 06:01 PMPosted by Plectø

I'm hearing it's starting to have login queues in the evenings now.. this true?
Reply Quote
DM used to run with a LOT of people on in Wrath and even into bits of early Cata. 20+, 30+, 40+ and more at times.

Armistice used to be able to run with 30-60 people on at times.

Etc.

All of these people disappeared long ago and after that, so did the guilds. Its a vicious cycle. As people and entire guilds finally give up and leave, the pool of players for the ever-shrinking guilds that remain to recruit from and train up to replace people who quit or transfer dries up. Eventually its near impossible to get people to replace others with. Its easy to ignore at first, a lot of guilds usually have runs of months or even a year+ with a reliable raiding core. Its not until those diehards quit the game or otherwise that the group realizes just how bad it is on here.

I said this months ago, but for the handful of diehards left on this server, you really need to consider giving up whatever virtual guild name pride you have and forming one or two "big" guilds. I don't know if there are even enough people left to do more than one, given I can do a /who 1-85 even during normal hours and come up with 100 or less players Horde side now, but it'd help. Its what people did in all the failed MMOs of lore as servers shrank but weren't merged. It makes the game more enjoyable in lieu of spending money you shouldn't have to spend to fix Blizzard's stubborn mistake in not addressing population imbalances. 25 bucks or 50 bucks or whatever isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things but its really bothersome to have to spend it to have a proper play experience that Blizzard should be responsible for. C'est la vie.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/16/2011 09:13 PMPosted by Avellin

I'm hearing it's starting to have login queues in the evenings now.. this true?

no we have had no issues with logging in, its no where near as bad as like illidan. we will enjoy more azshara blood.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I've never had a queue to log
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Don't listen to those Euphonic boys. They are just full of tall tales and mischief. Ditch Arthas. Come to Stormreaver! =)
Reply Quote
15 Gnome Mage
All true comments from what I can tell. This server had its moments where it was fun and decent. Since cata though it has died massively. Seems like all that's truely left here are casuals. Pve progression isn't impresive at all compared to everywhere else. Pvp shows the same trend. The guilds themselves lack doing things anymore. Boondocksaints left awhile ago yet they still lead the server in guild achieves. Granit achieves may not be ppl's thing. But it proves in a way the guilds arnt what they used to be in a sense. Some of all these can be caused by the lack of ppl. I'm sure its majority of the reason for pve progression. Hardly anyone is running more than 1 grp. Think aeon can still manage to run 2 10s a week. Seems like the rest struggle to form 1. Elite few and tosa come to mind for those. They have the ppl yet lack the interest. Like others have said the server started going downhill awhile ago. Really don't see it getting better. Server seems to be home to socials and alts who have said bye to azshara either recently or long ago
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
the problem i see with progression is the constant turn around of players in the main raiding groups, the few guilds who have been able to do a anyway decent job around the acceptable lvl of progression for "serious raiding guilds" have just had the same core (for the most part) the entire time, riven / aeon mainly. even dm who were tied 2nd pre nerf could not continue because ppl kept leaving for some random reason.

whilst i do wish the remaining hm guilds luck with there progression, i seriouly doubt many more guild will ever reach these lvls on azshara again if any.

its truely a sad day leaving i have loved this sevrer for a long time but now its like the xwife who still takes all your money an gives u nothin back. :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
12/19/2011 11:34 PMPosted by Katês
Don't listen to those Euphonic boys. They are just full of tall tales and mischief. Ditch Arthas. Come to Stormreaver! =)

Arthas has more cookies, Fact.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
wat hapn
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]