Soloing T4, T5 and T6 raids

85 Draenei Paladin
Hello fellow paladins.

I am in process of collecting gear for transmog and was wondering what we can solo (or duo) in the burning crusade raid content.

Any tips or info will be greatly appreciated.

As for T4 (only raids that I actually know and did from BC)

Karazhan (all bosses) - soloable
Magtheridon - soloable
Gruul - soloable
High King Maulgar - not soloable because of too much CC (any thoughts here? I did duo with at least one class being a pet class to distract the adds)

As for T5, I heard that Kael'thas and Vash can't be done solo. True, false? Maybe duo?

For T6, have no idea whatsoever. Read in a necro post that Hyjal was soloable. Thoughts?

Thank you all and hope the answers will also help other farmers out there.

<3
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hyjal is easily soloable.

The hardest part is the first boss. You will probably want to do that in ret gear+prot spec+pvp trinket. Trinket/DS out of his stuns and GET OUT OF AOE ASAP. Toss some heals on your self and exo spam and judge as needed for mana.

Its hard but doable...takes alot of practice. Rest is a cake walk.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
TK is solable, but Kael is kinda rough. If you use the online strats to kill him it's possible, but you have to have high AOE dmg on the weapons to get them down before the 4 adds are rezzed. If you can get them down in time though, you're golden. I tried it in Ret before I had any good gear and I just couldn't AOE the weapons fast enough was all.

If you bring like 5 people in there though, it's easily finished in a good 30 seconds lol
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
TK is solable, but Kael is kinda rough. If you use the online strats to kill him it's possible, but you have to have high AOE dmg on the weapons to get them down before the 4 adds are rezzed. If you can get them down in time though, you're golden. I tried it in Ret before I had any good gear and I just couldn't AOE the weapons fast enough was all.

If you bring like 5 people in there though, it's easily finished in a good 30 seconds lol

Uhhh wat? The weapons are probably the easiest phase to solo. I would say the main issue would be if he gravity lapses and starts spamming that health reduction spell on you, you will eventually be 1-shot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Black Temple. I ran with my co tank on his druid alt. (I was ret he was resto druid!) we had a great time until we got to that damn essence boss. (The soul one with three faces?) Yeah when phase two happen we were chain feared until we were dead. :x

Now it may be different soloing, sometimes certain abilities are just not applied to you if you are going solo. Pre-4.1 Hakkar rings a bell, he wouldn't MC his main aggro target.

Give it a shot!

Oh and go ret! You simply aren't going to take enough damage to build up vengeance to a reasonable level. Unless you spam /sit. :P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/16/2011 01:22 PMPosted by Bàneslayer
Black Temple. I ran with my co tank on his druid alt. (I was ret he was resto druid!) we had a great time until we got to that damn essence boss. (The soul one with three faces?) Yeah when phase two happen we were chain feared until we were dead. :x

Spirit shock (the disorient effect) can be interrupted. it takes at least two people to do it effectively and get every single cast, but it's doable and other than that the fight is a joke. Illidan is probably more dangerous and difficult to solo.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Now it may be different soloing, sometimes certain abilities are just not applied to you if you are going solo. Pre-4.1 Hakkar rings a bell, he wouldn't MC his main aggro target.

Give it a shot!

Oh and go ret! You simply aren't going to take enough damage to build up vengeance to a reasonable level. Unless you spam /sit. :P

Reliquary of the lost is usually the dead end for me, but i do know its duo-able with a shammy.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Keal is not solo able by paladins because of the resist change. The weapon phase is a joke and take 20 second. The hard part is killing the 4 general at once. Then there is the flame shocks that will eventually just kill you. 2 players only make it worse because of mind control.

BT first boss is infact not soloable you need a second player to eat the spikes to be able to pick it up to break the shield, otherwise he will constantly shield up and regen hp to maximum.

Essense of soul is also not soloable.

Hyjal is easy.

Vash is not possible to solo. Paladin lack the ranged ability to prevent enough elemental to reach her and to find the corrupted water fast enough. Plus the fearing mobs will !@#$ you up making it even longer. Even if you manage to get the shield done by that time she deals +1000% damage and youll most likely die. It can be done with 2 players, done it many times.

You wont be able to reach vash solo anyway though. Karathress is simply not possible to solo. The hunter sting does damage based on max % of hp. Meaning even as prot the sting will kill you in seconds. Add to that the damage from other adds, healing, the tornado to dodge, the iceblock. You will bubble the first sting and die 10 second later. Can be done with 2 players bring a strong dpser and blow the shaman and the hunter up asap.
Edited by Uchtryd on 12/16/2011 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
uh.. no it's impossible you can't even get in

"you must be at least level 85 and be in a raid group"
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
i will check this to make sure, but when i tried to get into mount hyjal at level 84 that is the message it gave me
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
as a level 87 warrior on the verge of level 88, i am seriously skeptical of this whole soloing of raids. The classic raids alone are proving difficult as their is always one boss who has some class specific trick to hiim. Take the twin emperor's for instance who can't even die unless you enchant weapons with elemental force. Then there is the whole aspect of whether you just want to beat the raids or get the achievements 100%. It is possible to beat the classic Raids - by bypassing most of the bosses, or by enchanting your weapons - which gets frustrating if you have to keep paying to enchant and disenchant them lol.

At level 87 Ragnaros' still uses his stupid knockback move instantly killing the player. Blizzard makes claims that old raids are soloable, yet they do not take the proper measures to do so. THey leave the raids set up in group formats , and the bosses have the same moves they always did that requires a heavily modified character or a group to get by.

The Ruins of AHQ is the only Raid i can vouch for being soloable on all classes, as far as i'm concerned, the term soloable means on all classes, not just by warlocks and deathknights and rogues. And again, may i point out that if all you are trying to do is get gear and beat the raid , ignoring Glory of .. Achieves , then that's a whole nuther story - as most of these achieves require at least 5 players to get (an example is in Gundrak where you are required to have at least 5 unique players impaled, i know not a raid but still)

As far as i'm concerned at level 87 classic raids alone (to summarize) are difficult enough to solo for the average character , let alone the rest, let alone getting into the things in the first place.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
uh.. no it's impossible you can't even get in

"you must be at least level 85 and be in a raid group"

1. This thread is from two years ago.
2. The requirement of being in a raid group was removed in 5.1.
3. Hyjal is a level 70 raid. Why the hell would it require you to be level 85?
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Rogue
Dat necro

Also Gunsotsu, this is about paladins. For warrior tips it would be better to go to the warrior forums.

The trick to soloing Twins, since you are a warrior, is burning down the twin that is not immune to physical damage. As for Ragnaros, you can position yourself so the knockback makes you land in the lava.

Finally, leveling up is an awkward transition period. If you keep the same gear you are wearing and level, your character loses haste, crit, mastery, and hit percentages. It is FAR easier to hit the level cap (90) and gear up before soloing raids.
Edited by Penida on 4/7/2013 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]