Easiest way to get a new flying mount

90 Draenei Shaman
Hi guys. I grabbed a griffon in Hellfire Penninsula and wound up stuck with it throughout my stay in Outland. I also was stuck with it in Northrend as well. Only when I moved on to Hyjal did I cave in and shell out the 4,000 gold for Artisan Flying (leaving me under 2,000 gold remaining). So I went to Stormwind and bought.... sigh.... another griffon. But this time with a snazzy helmet! Which is cool... I guess...

Anyway, I'm kind of tired of griffons. I want something else.

I used my Engineering skill to create a helicopter. My seven year old daughter thought that was cool, but the noise kind of got on my nerves. I'd like a dragon, or a hippogryph, or one of those cool mana worm thingies, or something like that. Heck, I'd consider just about anything at this point as long as it isn't a griffon. I've had enough of griffons.

But I'm also trying to level to 85 - that's first priority. I don't want to stop that and head back to Zangarmarsh to grind Cenarion Circle rep for a new mount or something like that. You can see what reputations I have in my profile.

Is there an EASY mount I could snag right now somehow?
85 Human Warrior
http://www.warcraftmounts.com/

It will change your life. :)

But as for an easy mount right now, there are usually some on the AH, but they can get rather ridiculous as far as price goes. Other than that, most mounts are rare drops from raids or purchasable from various world factions with Exalted reputation.

EDIT: You can always turn off sound effects with ctrl+s.
Edited by Rynok on 12/16/2011 12:08 PM PST
You can buy the Celestial Steed from the store for 10 bucks.

You can get some help from one or two 85's in your guild to run heroic culling of stratholme (a level 80 heroic). If you finish it in a certain amount of time you can get Reins of the Bronze Drake

you could bang out wyrmrest accord rep for Reins of the Red Drake I think you can buy rep with justice points. Then it's only 2000g.

Sign up for the annual pass (an agreement to keep your current subscription for 1 year) for Tyrael's Charger

Or this other one you can buy in the blizzard store Winged Guardian That's $25 though.
Flying mounts other than the defaults aren't easy to get. Your best bet right now is to peruse WarcraftMounts.com and see what seems easiest for your playstyle -- you might buddy up with someone and try to get one of the drake drops from dungeons, that may be easier than the ones that require a grind (even Netherwings can take a week or so).

[edit] Yeah good point, there's also buying one from the Blizz store.
Edited by Jakjak on 12/16/2011 12:16 PM PST
60 Troll Hunter
I think you can buy rep with justice points. Then it's only 2000g.

Yes you can 14 jp for free rep took less than 1k honor to go from friendly to exalted :D
90 Draenei Shaman
No way is my wife going to let me spend extra money to get a mount. Are there any Lich King heroics that I could run with just me and one or two level 85 guild-mates?
You can get some help from one or two 85's in your guild to run heroic culling of stratholme (a level 80 heroic). If you finish it in a certain amount of time you can get Reins of the Bronze Drake

Offhand, ^that, or Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake.
90 Orc Hunter
Where can you exchange jp for rep?
60 Troll Hunter
12/17/2011 02:08 PMPosted by Kouger
Where can you exchange jp for rep?

In Dalaran

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=35495

This gal right here
90 Night Elf Hunter
It is ridiculously easy to pay jps in exchange for Wyrmrest Accord rep, in order to get the drake. And while I did it, I used my jps to get exalted in a few other factions.

The alliance winterspring requires doing one daily, for 20 days. You will get you a wintersaber riding mount (basically, it's a night elf mount, but white and lavender...which is cool). From what I was told, getting that mount used to require hours of grinding; some more seasoned players seem to be a bit touchy about that...

Old Stratholme/Culling of Stratholme's 20 minute dungeon run will earn you a bronze drake. Magister's Terrace heroic will drop a phoenix companion and a white hawkstrider. Reins of the armored bear is from dailies in Brunnhilder.

Really, though, rep is the easiest way, imo, to get cool mounts.
90 Gnome Death Knight
You're an engineer -- one of the trainers should be able to teach you how to make the Flying Machine, which is quite simple on materials needed, so this is a pretty easy, cheap alternative.
My newest and most favoritest mount rigth now is the Reins of the Drake of the West Wind, which I picked up from the vendor on Tol Barad after I had accumulated 200 TB marks. Don't worry about the rep, by the time your reach the 200 marks, you will be exalted.

If you like grinds that is...
Old thread y'all, and the Winterspring cat isn't even a flying mount.
01/14/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Jakjak
Old thread y'all, and the Winterspring cat isn't even a flying mount.

So it is.

I'm a little distracted by a thread in General today. However, for the record if the OP were to take after the Tol Barad rep mount, my post is still relevant :P
55 Human Death Knight
how do u get to tol barad
90 Night Elf Rogue
01/18/2012 01:23 AMPosted by Athemis

Don't derail someone else's thread with your own question, especially a question that's only tangentially on the same topic. If you have a question, make your own thread. That way answers to you for your question and answers to the op for his/her question won't get all mixed up together in a confusing mess of a conversation.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/18/2012 01:23 AMPosted by Athemis

you can have a mage port you, or you can use the portal in stormwind, it should be near the others where ever they are i havent alliance in years.
90 Troll Priest
My personal favorite is the blue drake which you can get from running heroic oculus. The drop rate is pretty low though.
90 Troll Mage
01/18/2012 03:43 AMPosted by Monmonn
My personal favorite is the blue drake which you can get from running heroic oculus. The drop rate is pretty low though.
this was removed I believe teh blue drakes drop from the boss in utaguarde pinnacle and malygos (raid).
90 Gnome Mage
The bronze drake from a heroic caverns of time: stratholme 'speed run' is a pretty easy and great looking flying mount to get. Currently using it as my flying mount because I like how it looks (fossilized raptor for ground and sea turtle for water) Grab a friend who will help you and just do a quick 2 man. Depending on your class/spec, it could be possible to solo it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]