Deathwing should not have been in LFR

I'm a "real" raider and I honestly couldn't give two hoots that people killed him in LFR.

We are not special. We do not deserve content more than anybody else, not even the final boss of an expansion.

I still get to kill him on normal, and maybe someday on heroic regardless of the fact that casuals are killing him weekly in lfr.

Edit: I also find it amusing that you are posting on a character with almost no raid experience. But it must be an alt right.
Edited by Ziaki on 12/19/2011 2:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Over the last few weeks, I've seen a ton of complaints over how Deathwing feels like a push-over because of how easily players blasted through him (people were downing him the first day) which makes real raiding meaningless for those hardcore/average raiders who raid mainly to SEE the content. Players also feel that, as the final villain to the expansion, Deathwing shouldn't have been so easy.

Or if you wanted a challenge you could, use the normal raiding or heroic raiding options, as It was never intended for anything more than practice to "hardcore" raiders. It was designed for people that just couldn't find time or have a solid enough schedule to do organised raiding. It's not needed at all for raid gear progression, you can literally skip it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I'm a "real" raider and I honestly couldn't give two hoots that people killed him in LFR.

We are not special. We do not deserve content more than anybody else, not even the final boss of an expansion.

Agreed.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter

I still get to kill him on normal, and maybe someday on heroic regardless of the fact that casuals are killing him weekly in lfr.

I understand that, but what I'm saying is that Deathwing could have been held off for LFR for at least 4-6 weeks to let the first kills go to the people doing it the right way as a sort of reward for them.

I would think Gear, Titles, Mounts, and the fact they did it on Normal/Heroic difficulty would be reward enough.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
12/19/2011 02:08 PMPosted by Snarebusta
His back is pretty easy outside of LFR as well. Even madness didn't seem that bad in the one attempt we had on him. This whole tier appears to be a joke.

Madness isn't bad... until the <10% burn.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
doing it the right way

another case of special snowflake syndrome.....

there is no right way. there are three ways available, depending on your level of skill/dedication/ability to maintain a raid schedule.

none of these are the 'wrong way'
Reply Quote

I understand that, but what I'm saying is that Deathwing could have been held off for LFR for at least 4-6 weeks to let the first kills go to the people doing it the right way as a sort of reward for them.

I'm not a hardcore raider myself, but I can see the justice in their claims... I would be all for it if it was Ragnaros or Nefarian, and I personally enjoy and support the LFR system, but as a NON-hardcore raider, I myself feel as a expansion villain some of Deathwing's integrity was stripped when he was turned into a loot-pinata for everyone on the first week.

So you admit that you are not a "real" raider but you are speaking for them.

Thanks but no thanks.

Not to mention it wasn't even released until the 2nd week.

Essentially it's a non issue. What happens in lfr doesn't effect me or any other raiders.

It's like saying my fun in the game is ruined because some Koreans killed heroic SoDW first.

It's just silly.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
ITT: experienced heroic raiders who give a deep review about LFR difficulty.
Reply Quote
43 Goblin Priest
I agree, but I disagree with your reasons.

Deathwing should have been barred for a couple of months or completely from LFR. I understand that LFR's purpose is to allow those without much time to see all the content. And the only way to accomplish that is an easy mode. But I look at LFR and I see a tool of convenience and an expressway to see the content. As a Normal Mode raider, I never need to hit a wall or be dependent on a guild again. Why hit a wall if you can leap over it?

And so I finished the game (via LFR). My goal is always to see the content, not die again and again or get some silly title. Now, I have 5+ months of really nothing on the horizon in this game, so I'll be taking my break much earlier than expected (maybe permanently).

As for your reasons, it sounds like you're saying that N and H Mode raiders feel less accomplished now because everyone can see Deathwing. Everyone knows LFR is a joke. If they want a title or special gear, all the more power to them. And if little Missy LFR toon takes away from their feeling of accomplishment on a mode that actually takes organization, then that's their own problem.
Edited by Fractual on 12/19/2011 2:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior

Edit: I also find it amusing that you are posting on a character with almost no raid experience. But it must be an alt right.

Thank you. You made my day.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I don't agree at all with a couple months. I think maybe it could have maybe been delayed to the week after Heroic and still been pretty awesome though.

There's a lot of prestige and reward that goes with the Heroic kills that simply just aren't matched by any kills in the Raid Finder version. If someone is comparing the two or getting confused by the kills between them then I think their opinion is already flawed.

Kills happened in Normal before Raid Finder. You could argue those were "real" kills.

Our goal with Raid Finder is not to hold people back for months just to make sure the Heroic kills feel even more elite and special than they already do. Those players were probably already responsible for world or server first Normal kills, and then the rewards from Heroic speak for themselves as being fairly substantial.

In any case, as a first go with the Raid Finder I think we learned a lot and we'll be taking feedback to future raids. Overall though we've found Raid Finder to be very successful, the amount of people able to experience the content is huge, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, and we hope to only continue forward with that momentum.
Edited by Bashiok on 12/19/2011 2:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I don't agree at all with a couple months. I think maybe it could have maybe been delayed to the week after Heroic and still been pretty awesome though.

There's a lot of prestige and reward that goes with the Heroic kills that simply just aren't matched by any kills in the Raid Finder version. If someone is comparing the two or getting confused by the kills between them then I think their opinion is already flawed.

Kills happened in Normal before Raid Finder. You could argue those were "real" kills.

Our goal with Raid Finder is not to hold people back for months just to make sure the Heroic kills feel even more elite and special than they already do. They were probably already responsible for world or server first Normal kills, and the rewards from Heroic speak for themselves as being fairly substantial.

In any case, as a first go with the Raid Finder I think we learned a lot and we'll be taking feedback to future raids. Overall though we've found Raid Finder to be very successful, the amount of people able to experience the content is huge, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, and we hope to only continue forward with that momentum.

Fantastic! Great addition to the game. Tell the devs that Eyrios of Khadgar said this. They will know what you mean. *sly look*
Edited by Eyrios on 12/19/2011 2:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I think Blizz finally did it right. Hardcore raiders can defeat him on a harder setting to reap some sort of reward. Casuals get to experience end game content. Everyone wins.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/19/2011 02:30 PMPosted by Bashiok

i think the raid finder was a great addition. not only does it give non raiders the ability to see the content, gear up etc.. but also everyone something to do when theyre not raiding. a good part of it is that unlike in raiding guilds, you can just raid whenever you ahve the free time, instead of fixed times
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]