PvP Round Robin Tournament

90 Night Elf Rogue
In light of all of those saying who they feel is the best in their class, or even the best on the server -- I feel those who are making such assertions should lay their skill on the line.

I would propose a round robin tournament where those of each class would participate in one pool and then have all classes in a second pool to determine among peers who is the most proficient at their class in 1v1 combat. This would basically rule out healers, unfortunately -- how does one say how great you are at healing other than topping meters or keeping people alive? If duels permitted 2v2, this would be great, but then the emphasis is shifted away from personal accord.

Each member of the pool would play all of the others 1 time in a best-of-3 series; depending on how many participants, the top one or few would advance to the next round until elimination was complete.

Anything that is allowable in duels in terms of tactics and items just as in real combat would be permissible; nobody's going to allow you to cry foul about someone getting the jump on you or using a dishonorable tactic when you're dead.

In this proposed tournament, combat would need to be done in front of either a delegated witness or myself to ensure that the results were legitimate. As of this moment, there is no incentive other than bragging rights, though if enough participants were convinced to take part, we could charge a small entry fee and award the fairer portion of the purse to the grand winner of each pool, minus perhaps a 5% cut for organization's sake.

This would be the Best of Kirin Tor; if they're no longer active on the server or transferred, sorry, but they're not going to be eligible to compete. We want to see the best the server has to offer now, not yesteryear. Since the focus on class balance for PvP is at 85, this would only be extended to level 85 participants.

This is all contingent on finding people to compete. I would wager that we would need at least 5 of each class in the class pool - and I still feel that is low, I'd like to see 10 or so - to get the class pool going; as for the free-for-all, any class mix set, I would think at least 16-20. The smaller the pools of competition, the less-accurate the tournament would be at showing a winner. Constructive feedback is encouraged; any trolling or otherwise useless posts will be reported. And of course, those interested in such a prospect are encouraged to speak up.
Reply Quote
I`ll go! Good luck finding nine other shaman though!

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Something needs to be mentioned about bringing alts, because I have a hunch a few people will try to become "best of" with multiple classes, especially since the compiled lists in other threads mention a few people being the best at up to 4 classes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
There would be no way to verify whose alt was whose without people being honest. I do not see any way to police such efforts other than the honor system other than having everyone on at the same time to ensure people weren't alt-swapping.

Also, there don't have to be nine others, exactly... but only having 5 people show up wouldn't make for a very entertaining contest, not to mention I'm sure others would cry foul about how it didn't allow others to compete (despite their own no-show).

I didn't mention earlier, but obviously, this would be inclusive of both factions.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I'm in k?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Quit trolling, everyone on KT sucks. That does include me.

nerd

This isn't another thread to start a trolling war. If you have no constructive comments and only wish to start fights, take it to another thread. OP stated that trolling comments would be reported.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
As my wife said, this is a serious post. I want to see people walk the walk if they're going to claim to excel at PvP combat. Nobody is required to participate, though I would ask that only those who are serious and willing to actually throw down voice their interest.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/19/2011 11:53 AMPosted by Jespair
Why do you guys keep referring to each other as husband and wife when you are not married?

Actually we are. Nice trolling though, very relevant to the topic.
Reply Quote
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
No you are not.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/19/2011 11:53 AMPosted by Jespair
Why do you guys keep referring to each other as husband and wife when you are not married?

I believe that would be discussion of personal information, which is not permitted on the forums as indicated below at the footer of the forums. Such a topic would be best-addressed in a private discussion.

In addition, to sate your curiosity:

Common-law marriage can be established either by declaration (registering at the county courthouse without having a ceremony), or by meeting a 3-prong test showing evidence of (1) an agreement to be married; (2) cohabitation; and (3) representation to others that the parties are married. In the actual wording of the law there is no specification on the length of time that a couple must cohabitate to meet the second requirement of the 3-prong test.
Edited by Valare on 12/19/2011 11:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
It is intriguing that you call me out on discussing personal info when you posted it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/19/2011 11:58 AMPosted by Jespair
It is intriguing that you call me out on discussing personal info when you posted it.

Actually, he referred to me as his wife. You decided to take it upon yourself to challenge that and "tell the truth" which is indeed trying to reveal personal information.

But again, you want to start a "Here's the truth about Calafas and Valare's personal life" thread, you go for it. I would love to see you get banned.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/19/2011 12:05 PMPosted by Jespair
It is a shame to see that he did not copy the whole marriage quote :)

Why do you care? What do you have to prove?
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
Here's my question to this whole pvp debate. Ok so two dps bash each others heads in and that's how you figure that out. But what about heals?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I think there needs to be a healing tourney as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]