Beginner Mage PvP Guide - 4.3

(Locked)

90 Gnome Mage
Xiun, when can we expect to see some pvp videos from you on youtube?
85 Undead Mage
About the pve gear, jim and the other mage is right.

01/25/2012 06:51 AMPosted by Zadax

Not sure, currently overworked with classes right now and the only time I get for WoW is spent playing the game :P

Once I find a voice recording program and a video editing program I would expect it wouldn't take more than a couple weeks, but like I said, I lack these programs and that + college means not enough time to do stuff.

Don't worry though, I have been working on a transcript so when it comes time I'll be able to geta video out soon.
90 Gnome Mage
About the pve gear, jim and the other mage is right.

Not sure, currently overworked with classes right now and the only time I get for WoW is spent playing the game :P

Once I find a voice recording program and a video editing program I would expect it wouldn't take more than a couple weeks, but like I said, I lack these programs and that + college means not enough time to do stuff.

Don't worry though, I have been working on a transcript so when it comes time I'll be able to geta video out soon.

I'll be looking forward to it! Your guide has been really helpful. Since I've read it the only people I have trouble killing are blood dks and sub rogues >.>
90 Night Elf Mage
This thread helped me gear up in such a short time and it made my "gearing up process" easy and effective. Why the hell isn't this 'stickied' yet?

Also thanks to OP for an informative and helpful thread! +karma if I could.
85 Undead Mage
That's an awsome guide Xiun! Helped me alot. just noticed that you're also on ED!

/salute
85 Undead Mage
Hi Xiun, I was planning on messaging you in-game, but since the realms are down.. Oh I'll just get to the point, if you were planning on ever making youtube/ WCM videos/guides, I could edit them for you, I am very experienced and have been doing it for 3 years, using programs such as vegas, after effects, and 3ds max! Just write back if you're interested.
90 Worgen Mage
Hey Xiun, if I don't have access to the 410 PVP wand, would it be worth it to use Finger of Zon'ozz over Cataclysmic Gladiator's Touch of Defeat? Currently have 4095 resil (hopefully armory shows my current PVP gear).

It seems like a pretty nice option because it has a large amount of mastery, 120 and 19 more intellect. The Haste is meh, but I could reforge 40% of that to crit. What do you think?

you look like you've got access to some pretty sweet pve pieces. I would recommend using 410 t13 pants/ bracers of unconquered power/ tentacular belt over the wand. they are all more significant upgrades over their pvp counter parts

Thanks for your input! Unfortunately, due the scarcity of token drops and large number of vanq users in my raids [5 Mages, 2 Rogues, 2 DKs, and 5 Druids], I might not get 410 legs for another month or so, but I'll definitely keep it in mind. :) Re: Tentacular Belt and the Tailoring Bracers, those are pretty nice too, yeah. The 410 Hagara bracers also have Mastery and Haste. I'd probably feel better about using the belt and crafted bracers if I saw more PVPers using them, since they already have access to them. =p While they have extra sockets, I'm thinking they're currently content with them because they have crit and mastery, but the 410 leggings sound like a no brainer because the PVP ones have haste It's Firehawk leggings all over again. I'll definitely give the belt and bracers a shot, but I don't want my resil to dip too since I'm already not using a PVP weapon. At the very least, I'll put a set together for just blowing people up in random BGs [like with Chalice].

Thx again for the feedback you three. :)
Edited by Digerati on 1/25/2012 10:34 AM PST
85 Undead Mage
01/25/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Trenzehh
Hi Xiun, I was planning on messaging you in-game, but since the realms are down.. Oh I'll just get to the point, if you were planning on ever making youtube/ WCM videos/guides, I could edit them for you, I am very experienced and have been doing it for 3 years, using programs such as vegas, after effects, and 3ds max! Just write back if you're interested.

now THAT would be excellent!
85 Undead Mage
01/25/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Trenzehh

Yes, I am interested.

I'll probably be on tonight, but I might be on my alt Logeralfeth, so /who that if I'm not on Xiun
85 Undead Mage
Good news everyone!

I'll be getting Sony Vegas pretty soon (I think). Not sure what that means in terms of me getting a video done soon, but that means the process will speed up significantly.
85 Undead Mage
Up-p-p-p-p.

90 Undead Mage
01/27/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Xiun
Up-p-p-p-p.

And AWAY!

Can we expect you to do some fire again? The mage rage must still flow through you!!
85 Undead Mage
When making the video I'm trying ot get going I'll be going fire (and arcane) so I can get good clips of killing stuff :)

Don't worry, the rage will come soon.
85 Undead Mage
Here is a HUGE Derp for ya:

SHIFT-Space bar is a valid key bind. I had no idea! DERP!

Hello very easy to hit shift-modifier key.

bound it to "stealth" on my rogue. right next to / for shadowstep. Thankyou Neilyo for recommending to group keybinds by frequently used sequences.
85 Undead Mage
Watch out, doing that can end up causing issues if you want to jump-turn-attack at any point with a shift bind, then you're screwed.
90 Human Mage
How does 410 Lightning Rod stack up against the 397 Pvp weaps considering I won't be able to get tier 2 pvp weaps? is it worth the resilience loss?
85 Undead Mage
woot got the cata pants. I had just enough valor.

thats the complete 5 set plus MH all cata gear. not bad considering my rating sucks.
85 Undead Mage
Probably not, haste/hit isn't that amazing, and it also depends on what else you're wearing with it. There are a lot better pve choices than the staff, but if you were going full pvp gear, it might be worth it for the extra intellect. I would need to know what other gear you're planning on using first.

Chardev doesn't seem to have lightning rod in it's system so I can't really get a good idea on how it's stats would stack up with full pvp gear or a mix of pve/pvp gear with it.

---

Good job dish :D

P.S. I think you can cross realm RBG now.

So...

Yeah, you can see where this is gonan go.
Edited by Xiun on 1/31/2012 8:21 PM PST
90 Human Mage
Thanks for the quick reply Xiun, I'll have most PvE gear available over L Rod. (410 t13 pants, 397 bracers of unconquered power, tentacular belt).

no cunning of the cruel though, using foul gift + pvp on use trinket atm
Edited by Riyomorii on 1/31/2012 8:31 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]