"I already have a job."

69 Gnome Warrior
My toons rarely do dailies, but they make money anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
now imagine how crazy pve would be if the npc's acted like players, and adjusted to what was attacking them!!! would be a crazy blast!!!
Reply Quote
You're not forced into dailies at all. I've never done any, there's nothing really to obtain from them besides gold. So don't bother with it if you don't enjoy them.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I understand the complaint Op is talking about all to well but unlike Op, I can't really consider a WoW daily quest as a job the way it is today. Yeah it might take a bit or a month to do something but with certain MMOs I've played in the past, most of those dailies seem like no more than a fun break time hobby to me. You want a MMO "daily" that feels like a true job, go back in time to the launch of Star Wars Galaxies, now that mmo made me feel like i was doing a second job while playing. And my job was mineral harvester...though I always wondered what the water market was like.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Want to know a truly non-linear game? Skyrim. Best example.

I don't expect Blizzard to change their zone=specific levels architecture but within a zone, I hope they learn something from Skyrim. Questing in that game is a marvelous piece of business.

i found with the linear quest, i had a hard time finding out where i left off at.. hell i don't even know where to go in deepholm on this char atm.

12/21/2011 08:05 PMPosted by Gnomeopathy
Lol? 'You dont have to do them! (But you have to do them!)'

that's not what they meant, they were simply stating they have there uses and are there if u need them
Edited by Goblínkíng on 12/21/2011 8:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Dailies and grinding. You want X, you have to perform Y dailies for Z period of time. You grind rep and gold and then you get what you want. This is what I explained.

"But that's just like a job. I already have a job. When can we do something fun?"

Uh huh...

Brilliant game design.

Dude MMOs are time sinks, if you are seriously going to !@#$% about a game that is meant to just waste your time, then go play a single player game, I swear to god, the people who complain about how time consuimg a game is when they force them selves onto it, makes me sick, you really are not a credit to your species when you act this retarded.

players like this really do ruin the MMO genre.
Edited by Jackjagalos on 12/21/2011 8:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
My suggestion: Put a bounty on 1 quest per day the questing player hasn't yet completed. Nearly any quest qualifies regardless of difficulty, from starting area to Twilight Highlands to other dailies. This lends additional incentive for players to achieve Loremaster. Iffy: Increase the challenge/difficulty of the quests for those who already have it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Dailies and grinding. You want X, you have to perform Y dailies for Z period of time. You grind rep and gold and then you get what you want. This is what I explained.

"But that's just like a job. I already have a job. When can we do something fun?"

Uh huh...

Brilliant game design.

News flash: WoW is an MMORPG, and that is an integral part of MMORPGs. If you don't like it, go find another game. You will do everyone a favor.
Reply Quote
31 Night Elf Hunter

Edit: However there was one set of dailies I despised. Damn you Ogri'la...

There was an addon called "Ogri'lazy" that was immensely useful for the "simon says" one.

I was so lazy I never downloaded it. I'd skip that one and do the rest. And when Sunwell came out did those too. It was fun grabbing a group and doing it while chatting on vent.

To be honest I think I did the "Simon Says" daily once. And that's when my girlfriend kept begging me and I finally did it. She seemed a bit addicted to it. lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Uh huh...

Brilliant game design.

News flash: WoW is an MMORPG, and that is an integral part of MMORPGs. If you don't like it, go find another game. You will do everyone a favor.

I didn't start playing mmorpgs to grind. How sad to think that it has to be part of every mmorpg. Part of the lure of an mmorpg is that it's a giant persistent world, filled with other players. Why does it have to be filled with boring tasks with only occasional fun stuff? Aren't we supposed to be heroes? Why are we doing the same "heroic" chores everyday that every other player is also completing? Do they have to make it so obvious that our character has no real impact on the world?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Every video game requires time investment to reach a goal.

You want to see the end of Dragon Age? Play the game.
You want to see the romance story quests? Do additional quests in the game.

Want to be top ranked in Call of Duty? Put in the time and effort.

Save the Princess? Get through 8 worlds (unless you find warp zones)

Want to get 100% completion on a game? put in the time to do it.

When did video games suddenly become "turn on, have everything" exactly?

Also, when did Huggywuggles become an MVP?
/gnomefist
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
As players have pointed out, this is much un-needed complaining. If you have a permanent solution to the problem then feel free to express it. If not, then continue to play the game you yourself pay for. Don't like it, leave. Simple as that. You do not pay Blizzard to service to your every need. You don't pay for every ticket you send via in-game. You don't pay directly for the forums you use on a daily basis.. You pay for a monthly subscription for the current content. Blizzard could start charging for every patch and people would still pay for it. Why? Because we all love the content that Blizzard has so whole-heartedly worked on for 7 years and will continue to do so for years to come. Blizzard includes these patches to entertain its viewers and like I said before, If you contribute to ideas on how to make permanent and forever lasting content that is ALWAYS enjoyable and fresh then that is what the suggestion forums are for. If you are just going to keep complaining on the lack of content without a solution, then there's the door. Leave.
Reply Quote
31 Night Elf Hunter
12/21/2011 08:17 PMPosted by Nethious
now imagine how crazy pve would be if the npc's acted like players, and adjusted to what was attacking them!!! would be a crazy blast!!!

Because the average player adapts and changes? You don't play with the average player do you? Didn't think so.

I've done both. Sorry, pvp isn't that hard considering most people just go by guides and are easily countered due to their streamline thought line.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
One thing I'd like to say about dailies, is let's compare the dailies:

Burning Crusade: We had Ogri'la, Netherwing and Sha'tari Skyguard at first.

1). Ogri'la, IMO, was a HUGE failure. You had to do 5-man group quests to even unlock them and when you DID unlock them, you had very annoying quests (Bomb them Again, Simon Says), and it took forever and a day to actually get Exalted with Ogri'la, AND, you had lots of group mobs you had to kill if you wanted the equipment from there. Oh, and in some later patch, you guys decide to REMOVE the #1 rep-gain method, turning it into a ridiculous grind for anyone doing it for achievements nowadays. Come on, less than 1500 rep-per-day? Couldn't you guys buff that a little?

2). Netherwing. It sucked to try to get Zuluhed The Whacked done. But once you finally got him done, you could actually partake of these dailies. Dragon Mounts back then were something only a few people had, and everyone wanted, so we all did the dailies. A few of them were mildly annoying but they weren't that bad. It still felt a little slow though, and the whole purpose was to get Exalted so you could get your nether drake mount. No gear rewards at all.

3). Sha'tari Skyguard/Skettis: Never even saw the point of this. You get random Blue items from some of the mobs, but there are no quartermasters, and the only thing you get out of it are the most annoying flying mounts WoW has ever had, the Nether Rays. I only got them for the achievement, and Mountain o' Mounts and the fact I'm a mount collector.

And then IoQD came out and we had...

4). Shattered Sun Offensive: You got actual GEAR from these dailies! Finally, a tank had a decent way of obtaining a sword and shield, even though it was far, far too late in the expansion, but meh. Better late than never, eh? Overall, these felt pretty good, they were the best way of making decent money in TBC. The progression wasn't bad, and the only annoying thing is how you had to fly from Shatt to Nagrand to Netherstorm, then jump in the IoQD Portal, and eventually end up in Hellfire Peninsula and then Shadowmoon Valley. This took a very long time (an hour plus), so I usually wound up skipping the Roots/Weapons quests.

Then, Wrath of the Lich King came by, and we had...

1). Knights of the Ebon Blade: This felt pretty good. Once you did all of the quests you were almost Revered and there were decent rewards to start with, and the dailies were fast and easy, except for the Intelligence Documents quest.

2). Sons of Hodir: I don't feel so good about this daily quest hub. The only real reward you got out of this, was Shoulder Enchants. Doing a whole daily rep grind for JUST Shoulder Enchants, unless you happened to be a tailor? Ehh.... whatever. At first, the rep grind kinda sucked because it took too long to get exalted. Once you guys allowed us to use Relics of Ulduar to raise the rep, it wasn't too bad, especially after you buffed rep gains by 30%.

And then, the Argent Tournament Arrived.

3). Argent Tournament: NOW we get WEAPONS! FINALLY! Took you long enough, Blizzard, to actually give us a decent weapon we could use to start Heroic Dungeons with. And earlier in the expansion than Shattered Sun was, and also, getting 25 Champ Seals was far faster than getting Exalted with the SSO was. The AT Dailies were cool though I did not like Chillmaw. I hated Chillmaw because it was a group quest that only DKs, Paladins, and Hunters had a chance of soloing. I hated waiting on groups to do Chillmaw. As for the progression, 99% of Argent Tournament is Mounts and Pets. I think you guys could have slashed the Champ Seal requirements a little, but meh. I suppose it wasn't that bad. Work at it a little here-and-there and you'll get there...... eventually. lol.

Now, we're in Cataclysm, and we got...

1). Tol Barad: Tol Barad isn't too bad. At first, the quests were Hard and Annoying especially due to near-instant repopping mobs. The repops could have been toned down a little. But, I suppose, to get a decent weapon and trinket, it wasn't that bad. Also two mounts and a pet too, I'll take em.

2). Therazane: Easy quests, didn't take too long to get Revered to get your 346 Ring (or two rings if you were a Strength class!). You could always use Minor Enchants if you didn't feel like getting Exalted, but at 1800-ish Rep Per Day, getting exalted really wasn't that bad esp with how fast and easy the quests are. I just wish you guys could actually FIX that stupid Glop quest though. Oh, and that achievement to get Pebble sucked; I hated going WEEKS without Lost in the Deeps coming up a single time.

3). Ramkahen: You guys needed to put more Daily Quests in Uldum. Gnomebliteration is asked for a lot. That would have been cool, to do as a daily. Maybe make it 500 gnomes for the daily or something. *shrugs* At 500 rep-per-day, Ramkahen took forever and a day to get Exalted. By the time I finally got it, Molten Front was already in-game and I didn't need the Exalted rep reward, as I had the one from Molten Front already.

ANNNNNNNND, that brings us to the latest:

Molten Front.

I liked that you guys tried to make this new, exciting and different, but let's be honest here: Molten Front takes waaaaaaaaay too long to progress through it. I think you should change the Wardens/Druids of the Flame requirements to 75 Seals each, and the 3 Unlockables to 100 seals each especially now that it is considered "outdated" content. Also, please raise the pet chance from the bag a little. I've gotten like 20 of the stupid things and still no pet. Or add things like Potions to the bag instead of a random green trash item. Or something.

So, recap:

If you make a daily quest hub, please...

1). NO GROUP QUESTS PLEASE. Nothing is more annoying than a Daily Group quest. It is interesting the first time or two you do it then it is "UGH, I hope I can find a group..." and then weeks later when the core playerbase gets done with the content it is "uuuugh I can never find help with this anymore!" and anyone who is late to the punch has trouble getting it done and has to progress slower. This is bad bad BAD design.

2). Don't make us slave away for a month+ at it. Give us an incentive to keep doing it after we get our shinies, but please space out the shinies rewards evenly. Molten Front gives you an item on the very first day, and then nothing for a month+ then you finally get 1-2 more. Then you get a couple more, 2 weeks later, and then another 2 weeks and you got everything.

3). Random Mob Achievements suck. Please don't do this again. Ready For Raiding II and that Bomb the Fire Elemental achievements SUCKED. Please don't do that again. Especially with how that one mob in "Ready for Raiding II" was BUGGED outright.
Reply Quote
89 Troll Rogue
Every video game requires time investment to reach a goal.

You want to see the end of Dragon Age? Play the game.
You want to see the romance story quests? Do additional quests in the game.

Want to be top ranked in Call of Duty? Put in the time and effort.

Save the Princess? Get through 8 worlds (unless you find warp zones)

Want to get 100% completion on a game? put in the time to do it.

When did video games suddenly become "turn on, have everything" exactly?

Also, when did Huggywuggles become an MVP?
/gnomefist

Wrong example. A better example is:
Save the princess? do world 1-2 once a day for 120 days to unlock the enchanted key to grant access to the last dungeon

Top Ranked in call of duty? play the 'obstacle course' mission with a time no slower than 5 minutes once a day for month to unlock a new rank.

The problem isnt about having to achieve minor goals for the bigger ones, the problem is being forced to perform a simple task once a day over and over and over again to advance the content along. its a fun tax, its a content throttle, its a hassle. Killing 20 spiders in tol barad got old the 3rd time i did it. Having to do it another 50 to get to a 'goal' that has no bearing towards the game as a whole is just asinine. There is no sense of accomplishment. The spiders arent ever going to NOT be there because of my heroic arachno-slayerery.
At least with the IQD, you unlocked further quest and expanded the factions control of the area. it FELT like my effort was accomplishing something. a year from now the Horde will still be asking me to kill spiders 20 yards from TB base camp.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Wait...people still do dailies?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]