"I already have a job."

90 Draenei Shaman
Well here is the thing dailies and quests are one type of content that we can get involved in another type could be a randomly generated dungeon.

*No this is not what we have now.*

The one basic dungeon WOW is missing is a dungeon like those in older games where the content is derived randomly.

For example:
1. Take a basic cave with lets say 4-5 rooms in a maze pattern.
(You generate this on the fly every time.)
2. Have randomly placed bosses from all the dungeons that exist in the game, this way no new bosses are needed to be designed.
Randomly generate mobs from 3 to 6 in a group.
3. Dungeon is only available at level cap, no experience/rep is given in these dungeons.
4. Rather than giving "gear" on being defeated these bosses will give gems, gold, crafting mats, pets, mounts, and unique quests that are level appropriate.
5. Quests given by the bosses lead to items that can be cosmetic or even boa in nature.

Again the "Infinite" and "newness" factors of such a dungeon would never go out of style, pets and mounts, and unique items can be added every expansion without detriment.

Where would you locate these instances?

You could put entrances outside of all the major cities, or places like the faire.
This will keep the old content alive.

The dungeons would have a theme similar to their location, for example make such a random dungeon in Darnassus,
it could have a cave structure which looks grown or covered by roots, in a hollow of a tree.

A dungeon below Dalaran might be made of ice and have titan structures.

In Shat you could put a dungeon that looks like a sewer with the strange Draeni designs.

Again the design of the dungeon would be generic enough that it would just be a quick maze with a couple of rooms.

The art could be recycled from other dungeons, wall patterns, stairwells, whatever you can put in that fits with the city that its near.

However it needs to be generated randomly so that we get that "oh crap" what will happen now feeling, a simple open structure with no doors or anything just a place to explore and fight mobs in.

I atually think thats a pretty good idea aswell. However it would take a bit of man power away from other aspects of the game to revamp, and rescale bosses so that they are the appropriate difficulty. Blizzard doesnt usually try to implement half assed ideas (note i said usually, but i can think of a few things that were implemented that they probably should have thought about a bit more) It would also have to be updated by new major patch or expansion, which would also take a lot out of Blizzard's resources
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
A bit offtopic: what about giving Bind on Account shoulder enchants from Therazane?

It's getting real boring and annoying doing 100+ deepholm quests to get their tabard and then grind rep for the enchant ... doing that on my 5th character because, somehow, this is only faction which doesn't supply BoA enchants, is really frustrating.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Druid
A bit offtopic: what about giving Bind on Account shoulder enchants from Therazane?

It's getting real boring and annoying doing 100+ deepholm quests to get their tabard and then grind rep for the enchant ... doing that on my 5th character because, somehow, this is only faction which doesn't supply BoA enchants, is really frustrating.

This is actually the ONLY issue I have currently. I don't so much mind doing the Firelands quests, for instance, though I know some do, but the head and shoulder enchants at every tier should ALWAYS be BoA. No one is going to throw you out of a PUG raid for not having a piece of firelands quest gear, but I have seen people get tossed for not having a shoulder or head enchant because they were not "properly gemmed/enchanted".
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I don't mind doing dailies. I really don't see a problem with having to do them in order to get a reward I want. Be it a pet, mount, reputation or a gear item.
To me, the first problem with the dailies comes to play once the content outgrows the quests. For example Molten Front.. While they were fresh, the incentives been awesome balanced. But now? It became quite a moot point to tackle those quests anymore with an alt toon.
The second problem is a somewhat hidden problem..
If you happen to have the Loremaster title, and quested every zone out, you have exactly four choices to gain Guild Reputation...
Raids... Rated Battleground/Arenas.. Guild Heroics.. Dailies..
Nothing else will yield decent amounts of Guild Rep.
Now if you do have a job already, and it's one that does not permit for making use of the other 3 ways too much and you are bound to do dailies... Then it can be a real pain.

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/22/2011 04:51 AMPosted by Raincrow
No one is going to throw you out of a PUG raid for not having a piece of firelands quest gear, but I have seen people get tossed for not having a shoulder or head enchant because they were not "properly gemmed/enchanted".

pretty much

every time I don't see this shoulder enchant becoming BoA on the patch notes my alts cry
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The issue with dailies really comes into play if you multiple characters. 25 dailies x 5 characters, is a full time job. Even the fastest person wont finish in under 2 hours for 125 quests. That is like doing 2 or 3 levels a day at max level.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Daily quests should be supplemental, not mandatory.

"So don't do it" is a totally cheap and lazy cop-out, too. When it's the only content available, as it was in 4.2, then it's pretty much the only thing to do. It's never been a stance of Blizzard before to say: "If you hate it, then that's your problem" and it's just bad business to do that.

Dailies ARE NOT mandatory, if you don't like them, don't do them, the game actually allows that option.

The 4.2 didn't only provide Molten Front Dailies, but introduced the Firelands Raid and 2 NEW dungeons. This game is awesome in the way it is flexible. You're given professions you can use to make money, or dailies or simply running dungeons.

"So don't do it" is the most valid of all replies, and "If you hate it, then that's your problem" is also true, as many do enjoy them.

Dailies kill time between queues, and net you some easy gold to boot. I guess you could just continue to Troll trade chat while you wait, but some of us have better things to do then watch our fingernails grow, some of us actually play the game.

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
LOL someone mentioned Pools of Radiance...wow that takes me way way way way back. I loved that game. Free New Phlan!! Be the hero of the age!!! Ignore that man recruiting a mercenary from the guild and murdering him in a dungeon where no guards will chase you down. :) Take his plate mail, rinse and repeat :) I remember fighting the cultists of Bane, man great fight. The vampire at the center of the graveyard and that dam thieves mansion with all those frigging rugs and traps :-D
Reply Quote
62 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd do dailies more often if they didn't completely suck for healers. That's why I generally just stick to the JC, cooking, and fishing dailies.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock

That's one of the natural drawbacks to leveling alts. It shouldn't be easier to level the second or third character than the first character, it should be just as hard. Otherwise, alts would be a dime a dozen. Which they already are actually, so point made.

Blizzard made the Sons of Hodir enchants BoA after a while, so perhaps the Therazane enchants will be patched in soon.
Reply Quote
Daily quests should be supplemental, not mandatory.

"So don't do it" is a totally cheap and lazy cop-out, too. When it's the only content available, as it was in 4.2, then it's pretty much the only thing to do. It's never been a stance of Blizzard before to say: "If you hate it, then that's your problem" and it's just bad business to do that.

The 4.2 didn't only provide Molten Front Dailies, but introduced the Firelands Raid and 2 NEW dungeons.

What?

Anyway my main issue i have always held with dailys is some can be to much like questing. What i mean by this is if im doing dailys and im prot and holy my dailys take instantly longer due to kill X of Y. Which also lowers my interest in doing them.

What id like to see is a vast majority of quests not involve direct fighting but rather things like simon says, bomb eggs, bomb demons, throw turtles , joust, catch animals etc

Another thing id like to see is simply a option to do them weekly, allow dailys to award more for the week but weeklys you can get them done for week, take a little longer, and give a less reward but then they are done.
Edited by Warruzz on 12/22/2011 6:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Hunter
I have many alts and not all of them are 85. But in the year since cata came out I have cata loremaster on my 4 85's and most reps up to exalted. Why not all? Because between 4.1 and 4.3 I didn't do the heroic grind. I also needed to get Hyal up first because I have 3 85 healers who needed the head enchant and some stuff at exalted. So by the time Hyal rep became really easy through the dailies it didn't do me any good.

We need more variety in endgame. I love questing but am basically stuck with heroics if I want any progression at all. And questing in cata has changed. It really is to linear and streamlined. Hero callboard is great but it would be better if the first NPC to contact would give you a few intro quests and then lead you to 3 or even more NPC's in that area who have quests. Having to go through the exact same quests in the same order with every alt makes it kind of boring. And if you loose a quest you can be stuck and unless you contact a friendly GM not be able to finish the zone.

Fun for me right now:
Transmog
The new heroics
Playing my 80 through all of Northrend at lvl 80 and my 70 all through Outland at 70. I froze them at that lvl. The problem I still encounter though are the groupquests where I have to call in a guildie to be able to finish. I thought that was one of the things they fixed in 4.3.
Healing BC dungeons on my xp stopped lvl 60 disc priest. I wish I would be as powerful on my 85 healers.
Guildchallenges in normal lvl 85 dungeons
Running old instances solo or with my guildies
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Good grief, people will cry over anything. No one is being forced to play the game or do any of the content within it. Half of the people on this planet today will live their entire lives without ever having so much as a drink of clean water, but hey, somebody better call the waaaahmbulance because these daily quests are "like a job" (within a video game that is basically a hobby anyway).

I appreciate the dailies, Blizz, I would just like more than the same five within each major city. And let it be known that I would walk over hot coals for a Baby Spice reward. That stuff cracks me up every time.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Hunter
@Warruzz: A little bit more variety in the quests would help tremendously. I love the healing quest at the MF. And having the vines grow is fun too. There are 2 quests in the Badlands that are more challenging on you mind in one of the pyramids. Hitting the pygmies in Ramkahen or the quests at Dalaran crater although I have a hard time finishing the last are different too. Not everything should have to do with smashing heads.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Hunter
A bigger variety on dailies and lifting of the daily cap would be very much appreciated. I forgot to mention that after a longer break the MF dailies are on my fun list again.
Reply Quote
12/22/2011 06:33 AMPosted by Padgagers
Good grief, people will cry over anything. No one is being forced to play the game or do any of the content within it. Half of the people on this planet today will live their entire lives without ever having so much as a drink of clean water, but hey, somebody better call the waaaahmbulance because these daily quests are "like a job" (within a video game that is

This just reminds me of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDiU2p2uzVI
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Didn't read the whole thread.

If you think that WoW and the grind is work you do not know what work in a game is.

I played Gemstone III/IV for almost 12 years. You want a grind go play that game for a couple months then come back to WoW.

Gemstone is one of the oldest pay to play online games there is. It is a MUD as in text based multi-user dungeon. Back in the AOL days they had 3-4000 playing at any one time. The original MMORPG.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/21/2011 04:00 PMPosted by Bashiok
Given that Blizzard posters have made exceedingly similar statements about every major daily hub from IQD onwards, and that these have all turned out to have the same basic failings, you'll forgive me if I take that note with a pinch of salt.

It's not going to be a revolution or anything, don't get me wrong, but I think it'll at least feel better. No one likes being the guy on the assembly line putting the left index finger on the doll 250 times a day, 5 days a week. They might not mind it as much though if they're paid $100k a year. Right?

I've been that guy before. I actually miss that job. It was the easiest job I've ever had and it paid very well. Granted it wasn't putting fingers on dolls, it was a lumber mill, but still... I was that guy that enjoyed his job in the assembly line doing the same repetitive task for 11 hours a day, 6 days a week. Did I mention the paychecks were FAT? ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]