"I already have a job."

85 Tauren Warrior
Infinite content.

It's easy to design a better system than dailies, pump out infinite amounts of content, it's just not feasible to pull off. Some people want to spend more time in the game than others, maybe even every day, and we want to make sure they have something to do. While we'd love for that to be fresh and unique content every time, it's simply not feasible. Thus, dailies. Give people something to do each time they log in (if they choose to do so every day).

Not to toot the Mists of Pandaria horn too hard, but I think our general zone design, daily, and scenario approach is pretty solid. Part of what makes dailies a bit tedious, aside from being tedious, is the rewards are desired but may not always quite fit the time investment. I see quite a bit of that being solved and making sure if you're logging in to do some dailies or scenarios, you feel like you made a good chunk of progress toward advancing your character.

Bash,

I don't think feasibility should be the cardinal, over-arching reason for implementing content. That approach has worked fine for Blizzard in the past (granted), but it won't work so well with this new generation of MMO players.

In opening BGs, then Dungeons, and now Raids to the Random Finder tool, Blizzard has trended the game away from the world itself to the "quasi-world" inbetween servers (the place you go when you queue for RDF).

You have more access to me that this kind of information - but i'd guess that players spend the bulk of their playtime inside the random-finder "quasi-world" than they do the world-itself. Sure, "dailies" provides an incentive to play around in the world-itself, but that isn't "fun" per se - it's seen as a "grind" to something fun, or something neat.

The world is incredibly important to an MMO, and as such, I think that Blizzard Dev. team should be far more concerned with improving the world in which we play, rather than the quasi-world where rampant abuse and poor social manners are rewarded.

Per example - while I wasn't too fond of EQ2 (I played it for all of 4 months), they had the right idea; make the WORLD "come alive." As you progressed in level, NPCs interacted with you in different ways, and through such interactivity SoE was able to increase the "immersiveness" of the game.

In Mythic's Warhammer Age of Reckoning, they added 'achievement statues' to the capital cities, so if you are a player who is 'top' on your server (in your class) for Renown, kills, quests (etc), then you get a statue placed in the city in your liking - such things add to the value of the world itself.

Dailies are all fine and well for giving players an incentive to get out of the cities and go forth into the world of warcraft - but when those are done, they return to the quasi-world of the Random Finder; and i've got to say, thats a HUGE waste of such a large world which ends up function, in the end, as mere wallpaper.

Diz
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Well at least suggest something. I have always tried to suggest that after you have done a certain group of dailies "X" number of times, you should be able to chose your own from the list that the daily quest givers give. And for the record, I liked the argent dailies. I just really got tired of the monotony after a while. If I could have chosen which ones I could have done, I would have, for example, chosen "Get Kraken" over "For The Champions" every time. I hated "For The Champions" that is my suggestion. You let a player do what they like, then they are happier.
Reply Quote
58 Worgen Death Knight
12/22/2011 09:10 PMPosted by Bigbadwolfy
It's easy to design a better system than dailies, pump out infinite amounts of content, it's just not feasible to pull off. Some people want to spend more time in the game than others, maybe even every day, and we want to make sure they have something to do. While we'd love for that to be fresh and unique content every time, it's simply not feasible. Thus, dailies. Give people something to do each time they log in (if they choose to do so every day).

Doing dailies every day shouldn't mean I want to do the same quests on 5 toons to get patterns for different professions. There are plenty of reasons more hardcore players might want to do dailies on more than one toon such as reputation items. But, like getting the shoulder enchants were, doing dailies for patterns on multiple toons, is brain numbing.

What about BOA vendors after we unlock main vendors?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
what i do for fun is RP on both RP and normal servers. i find it fun hearing people raging about having an RPer on a non RP server while non RPers go onto RP servers and never RP once.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I am sorry. I meant to say I would chose "Get Kraken" over "Fate Of The Fallen"
Those 2 quests are randomly given by Crusader Silverdawn at the argent tournament
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/21/2011 04:00 PMPosted by Bashiok
It's not going to be a revolution or anything, don't get me wrong, but I think it'll at least feel better. No one likes being the guy on the assembly line putting the left index finger on the doll 250 times a day, 5 days a week. They might not mind it as much though if they're paid $100k a year. Right?

The implications of this statement excite me..

and give me terrible anxiety!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Why cant they give us some dynamic content every once in awhile. Is every patch going to be a bunch of boring dailies in a bubble that doesnt really accomplish anything and 7 raid bosses? Geez, some imagination would be nice once in awhile. Give us some world events, enough with the daily bubble zone.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
You don't have to do dailies if you don't want to.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/22/2011 09:23 PMPosted by Dizowna
The world is incredibly important to an MMO, and as such, I think that Blizzard Dev. team should be far more concerned with improving the world in which we play, rather than the quasi-world where rampant abuse and poor social manners are rewarded.

YES! That's exactly it, I've been saying that for months, I was starting to think I was crazy or something 'cause nobody ever listened, they just QQ'd about balance or "casual vs hardcore" or some other repetitive crap. Thank you!

I need a huge laser so I can engrave that phrase on a friggin' mountain.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
12/22/2011 09:23 PMPosted by Dizowna

YES! That's exactly it, I've been saying that for months, I was starting to think I was crazy or something 'cause nobody ever listened, they just QQ'd about balance or "casual vs hardcore" or some other repetitive crap. Thank you!

I need a huge laser so I can engrave that phrase on a friggin' mountain.

Thank you for that vote of confidence Minn :o)

You're not alone; a lot of this have been saying it - but we appear to be in a minority, and get drowned out (as you point out) by the "casual vs hardcore" garbage...
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
The biggest problem with dailies is actually a very simple one

Dalies are not designed to be fun, they are designed to keep you busy.

Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
12/21/2011 02:30 PMPosted by Quisto
This is how MMO's work, you probably shouldn't play them if it feels like a job to you.

Well, that's actually the rest of the conversation.

I said something like, "Let's stop doing this then. This game is stupid in its design. Everything is preparation for some other thing that's supposed to be fun."

I am finding that the reputation of "successful" WoW players as basement dwellers to be generally founded in reality. The amount of time it requires to ramp up this game is unreasonable for people in the general population who, first and foremost, are seeking entertainment value in a game - and not, gold and rep grinding as a substitute for doing the same in real life.
Just, stop. Griping about something you can skip entirely is insane

I suppose that assessment comes across as insulting to many. But so many of the people that come to the forums are incredibly proud of the grinding and time they have sunk into the game, I think its a fair thing to say. Not only are they proud of what they accomplished, they are deeply bitter if any part of the grind is lessened for subsequent players.
Can anyone say "DUH!". Why should lazy players with no desire to do the work be handed free rewards? I worked hard to make this toon geared to raid T11 content when it was just that, Content, then T12 raids came, and I did that too, and now I'm a MT for Dragon Soul, the lazy player base should never get the reputation enchants etc etc they need to do content, or farm Inscription for the same thing, I have no desire to see my work I put into this toon lessened by baddies who don't want/don't know how to play the game

Can't have it both ways - you can't be proud of some insane grind and then claim its accessible and not grindy.
Am I proud of all the rep I've managed to gather between my toons? Probably not, and I hope to never have to do it again, on the other hand, I've only had the tolerance to grind out Netherwing/Kurenai on one toon, does that mean Blizzard should hand me mounts for my other toons because I have no desire to farm rep and do dailies for them? N.O.

It isn't. Most people think this ramp up grinding stuff is just bad game design and not fun at all. Lazy players aren't fun at all either
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I actually just want to add this, in case my reply wasn't subtle enough, I find the fact you don't want to do the work AND still get your enjoyment out of this game, offensive, when you really think about it, every single thing you do in this game, is a grind, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you have to GRIND out 15 heroics in a day to get that ONE piece of gear you need, or sometimes you HAVE to go solo/pug MC every single week till you get all your tier pieces for transmog, but I suppose you should just go open a ticket to Blizzard and say "Hey, Blizzard, I want my T1 (or whatever), give me the pieces, NOW"
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Doesn't it feel good to finally get that last piece of gear you need to make all your gear a 378 minimum in every slot? Mmmmm, I taste victory
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
12/21/2011 02:05 PMPosted by Vallanya
I don't like dailys, so I don't do them.

Simple, profound, and a sensible solution to the OPs problem. You are obvious on the wrong forums, thats not how we do things here.

I hate dailys as well, I usually will not do them unless there is something I really want. If I want X i do Y. If getting Y is not worth the time it takes doing X then I dont do it. Works for me.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
Alright... who put a gun to OP's head and made him do dailies again?!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/21/2011 04:00 PMPosted by Bashiok
It's not going to be a revolution or anything, don't get me wrong, but I think it'll at least feel better. No one likes being the guy on the assembly line putting the left index finger on the doll 250 times a day, 5 days a week. They might not mind it as much though if they're paid $100k a year. Right?

Just tell me it'll be televised.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
i feel ya man,dailys are like a job...thats why i dont do em
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]