"I already have a job."

85 Gnome Priest
Fun should be the core of this game, but its still /played sadly.

Fun is just an after thought, everything is stretched to the max so they dont have to put much effort in and can keep people playing and subbed. Fun would do that, but instead its grinds and grinds upon grinds.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Well, that's actually the rest of the conversation.

I said something like, "Let's stop doing this then. This game is stupid in its design. Everything is preparation for some other thing that's supposed to be fun."

I am finding that the reputation of "successful" WoW players as basement dwellers to be generally founded in reality. The amount of time it requires to ramp up this game is unreasonable for people in the general population who, first and foremost, are seeking entertainment value in a game - and not, gold and rep grinding as a substitute for doing the same in real life.

I suppose that assessment comes across as insulting to many. But so many of the people that come to the forums are incredibly proud of the grinding and time they have sunk into the game, I think its a fair thing to say. Not only are they proud of what they accomplished, they are deeply bitter if any part of the grind is lessened for subsequent players.

Can't have it both ways - you can't be proud of some insane grind and then claim its accessible and not grindy.

It isn't. Most people think this ramp up grinding stuff is just bad game design and not fun at all.

Ah the classic stereotype, if someone is successful or accomplishes something in a video game then they must have no life.

This is how MMO's work, it's how they keep people coming back to continue playing the game and investing time in them. If you don't like it then find a new game, play something else that gives you the instant gratification you're looking for.

Grinds and working towards goals is a staple of the MMO industry and it is not as terrible and time consuming as you're painting it to be. Nor required really.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 12/21/2011 2:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
There should be less focus on pedestrian psychological tactics and more focus on dungeon quantity.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Grinds and working towards goals is a stable of the MMO industry and it is not as terrible and time consuming as you're painting it to be. Nor required really.

Naked grinds are bad mmm'kay, and they haven't worked in this expansion. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that they did, but now you know.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Subjective? Find me a person who enjoys doing dailies.

That'd be me. Of course, there are some dailies I don't enjoy (going to kiss frogs for the Argent Tourney blows). But I like having something to keep me busy between queues or a break from my loremastering or otherwise.

My name is Dode and I like dailies :) You have found me.
Reply Quote
27 Blood Elf Hunter
Why is the only argument I ever see from these supports of repetition "lol lazy scrubs just want to be handed everything" or some such tripe.

The process of obtaining the reward in a game one plays for fun should be just as rewarding as the reward itself.

It's because they are morons, idiots, retards... whatever you prefer.

Do I detect just a wiff of sarcasm, most esteemed sir?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
How can a grind not be time consuming when that is the very idea behind them >_<;
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
ITT: Someone who's completely new to MMORPG conventions.

Edit: Wait, I do believe I've been trolled.
Edited by Naeron on 12/21/2011 2:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

No. I honestly look down my nose at fan boys that will defend anything, anything at all, about the game. Grinding in this expansion took on a whole new level and everyone knows it.
Reply Quote
27 Blood Elf Hunter

No. I honestly look down my nose at fan boys that will defend anything, anything at all, about the game. Grinding in this expansion took on a whole new level and everyone knows it.

Ah. My bad, my bad.

I confused you with the other female Draenei paladin posting in this thread. You all look alike to me.

Reply Quote
22 Troll Warrior
Fun should be the core of this game, but its still /played sadly.

Fun is just an after thought, everything is stretched to the max so they dont have to put much effort in and can keep people playing and subbed. Fun would do that, but instead its grinds and grinds upon grinds.

You are making a valid observation that threatens my perception of the virtual world I devote most of my life to.

You must be a troll.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Mage
Dailies are simply not fun. Unless you like repetitive, tedious and time consuming.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
12/21/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Indiri
Dailies are terrible.

12/21/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Indiri
There should be "daily dungeons"

What.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
If you don't like doing something, don't do it... I enjoy doing arenas and BG's, occasional Raid Finder raids, and I only do TB dailies when I need the gold for gems or repairs.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
12/21/2011 02:05 PMPosted by Vallanya
I don't like dailys, so I don't do them.

I...I would have never thought of this! you are a GENIUS!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/21/2011 02:07 PMPosted by Maylesaria
Welcome to WoW. If you don't like that you are playing the wrong game.

More like welcome to games in general.

Welcome to life. You do things to get things. If you hate the thing you need to do more than you like the thing you get, don't do it. Otherwise, I'm not sure what else you are expecting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]