"I already have a job."

90 Draenei Paladin
Dailies and grinding. You want X, you have to perform Y dailies for Z period of time. You grind rep and gold and then you get what you want. This is what I explained.

"But that's just like a job. I already have a job. When can we do something fun?"

Uh huh...

Brilliant game design.

I have a question. Why did it take you a 18 months to figure this out? Some of your oldest achieves are from July 2010.

You might be surprised at how many people haven't played this game for a year +.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/21/2011 02:59 PMPosted by Berelythia
No. I honestly look down my nose at fan boys that will defend anything, anything at all, about the game. Grinding in this expansion took on a whole new level and everyone knows it.

Did you play in BC and wrath at all? Cata has less grinds that are shorter than both of those expansions. One of the complaints about Cata is that in fact there aren't enough grinds so people end up with nothing to do faster.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Lets get blizz to make one daily quest that awards 10000 gold everyday so that people stop complaining about having to do work. The daily quest will consist of just logging on. You log on and the quest completes and the gold is in your mail.

I bet people would still complain about having to put in so much time and effort into logging on or checking thier mail box, or say its unfair to those that dont log on everyday.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin
"But that's just like a job. I already have a job. When can we do something fun?"

Uh huh...

Brilliant game design.

I don't understand this notion - and perhaps someone can explain it to me;

Why is something that is there for you to do on a daily basis, which is optional, parallel to having a job?

And furthermore, what would be a better design for this type of structure?
12/21/2011 03:15 PMPosted by Quisto
And stop acting like the idea of dailies isn't flawed when even you, who claim to enjoy them, do not enjoy some of them. How much of a subset of daily quests have to become annoying before you change your mind about this?

Just out of curiousity if there weren't dailies what do you think you would be doing for gold mats etc....
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

If you're not getting any fun or entertainment out of the game, don't play the game.

Also, everything is subjective.

Because I definitely said something about not getting any enjoyment out of the game.

Subjective? Find me a person who enjoys doing dailies.

It is subjective my friend. God forbid they differ from you.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Dailies and grinding. You want X, you have to perform Y dailies for Z period of time. You grind rep and gold and then you get what you want. This is what I explained.

Uh huh...

Brilliant game design.

It's called the carrot and the stick. All designed so you give them more money... This game isn't about fun. It is about making money... Period...
Reply Quote
20 Night Elf Hunter
What do you know about the game? At level 1 I hadn't experienced much except walking.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/21/2011 03:20 PMPosted by Quisto
This is a game, not life. The two may have similarities, but confusing the two is not smart.

If you're not going to compare the similarities between the two, then I think it's important to relinquish the initial comparison of Jobs and Dailies to begin with, and look at dailies for what they are worth rather than a 'job.'
Edited by Practical on 12/21/2011 3:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is a game, not life. The two may have similarities, but confusing the two is not smart.

And unlike real life there are no negative consequences for not doing X task every day.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Welcome to life. You do things to get things.

I love this one. Just how big are those blinders?

True but getting handed everything isn't good either, there needs to be a balance. The dailies are fine... I'd prefer they do a concentrated zone... not all over pre Molten Front dailies. Now if Blizzard ever decides to put in dailies at 85 for EVERY zone in the world... I'll back off.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I will never understand those individuals who, instead of identifying and pursuing an activity they find fun, instead choose an arbitrary activity and insist it be made fun.

"I already have a job."

Professional internet complainer.
Reply Quote
87 Human Priest
I like doing the firelands dailies. I think seeing the growth is neat, and it's not very hectic for me.

Maybe you should try running dungeons? Or perhaps finishing old quest lines? Is raiding for you, or profession leveling? What about PVP, or helping people? If anything, you can always chat in trade.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Uh huh...

Brilliant game design.

I don't understand this notion - and perhaps someone can explain it to me;

Why is something that is there for you to do on a daily basis, which is optional, parallel to having a job?

I'll help you.

It isn't optional, and is a revenue stream.

People who do it, aren't doing it for fun and holly jolly glee. They are doing it because it is a means to an end. They either need the gold, or they need the reputation, or they need guild reputation, or they need the tokens... all so that they can move on and do the fun stuff.

It sounds like, looks like, and unfortunately feels like a job. It is my characters in-game job. That is how it gets it JC designs, and gems. That is how it gets the cooking recipe it uses for dungeons, raids, and holidays. So on and so forth.
Edited by Berelythia on 12/21/2011 3:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/21/2011 03:17 PMPosted by Practical

Infinite content.

It's easy to design a better system than dailies, pump out infinite amounts of content, it's just not feasible to pull off. Some people want to spend more time in the game than others, maybe even every day, and we want to make sure they have something to do. While we'd love for that to be fresh and unique content every time, it's simply not feasible. Thus, dailies. Give people something to do each time they log in (if they choose to do so every day).

Not to toot the Mists of Pandaria horn too hard, but I think our general zone design, daily, and scenario approach is pretty solid. Part of what makes dailies a bit tedious, aside from being tedious, is the rewards are desired but may not always quite fit the time investment. I see quite a bit of that being solved and making sure if you're logging in to do some dailies or scenarios, you feel like you made a good chunk of progress toward advancing your character.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]