"I already have a job."

2 Goblin Priest
lmao

There really is no limit as to how much the average WoW player will complain.

You guys won't be satisfied until this game is as easy to access as a game of Solitaire, huh?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/21/2011 02:05 PMPosted by Vallanya
I don't like dailys, so I don't do them.

This is a good point.

I do them, at times. But I'd rather spend the time goofing around with crashin' thrashin' or having paper zepplins chase me around the commons in IF.

I found someone with a like mind and laughed for quite awhile. So enjoyable!

Time for people to find the fun in the game again!

Now if that mean Greench would drop something nice in my package (like Lumpy!) things would be great. I have plenty of toys now in my bags. Need to keep some space for loot!

Edit- me & my typos!
Edited by Ayrthrina on 12/21/2011 4:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/21/2011 03:56 PMPosted by Jessifer
Given that Blizzard posters have made exceedingly similar statements about every major daily hub from IQD onwards, and that these have all turned out to have the same basic failings, you'll forgive me if I take that note with a pinch of salt.

It's not going to be a revolution or anything, don't get me wrong, but I think it'll at least feel better. No one likes being the guy on the assembly line putting the left index finger on the doll 250 times a day, 5 days a week. They might not mind it as much though if they're paid $100k a year. Right?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/21/2011 04:00 PMPosted by Bashiok
Given that Blizzard posters have made exceedingly similar statements about every major daily hub from IQD onwards, and that these have all turned out to have the same basic failings, you'll forgive me if I take that note with a pinch of salt.

It's not going to be a revolution or anything, don't get me wrong, but I think it'll at least feel better. No one likes being the guy on the assembly line putting the left index finger on the doll 250 times a day, 5 days a week. They might not mind it as much though if they're paid $100k a year. Right?
Are you trying to say I'll get paid $100,000 for each daily I do in MoP?

I'm not showing up to work tomorrow.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Problem is... what would blizz be able to make that would satisfy players?

Don't like rep grinds? They allowed us to level them super fast now, back in BC it took forever to get to exalted with many of the dungeon ones alone... and other factions took longer.

They've nerfed the hard heroic dungeons and won't make long and complex ones like BRD anymore because people complain too much about them... if it takes longer than 20 mins to complete.. out comes the complaints. If they require some thinking, they get nerfed or changed to make them easier to go from a to b.

BRD is a shadow of it's former self with the queue system. Not only that sunken temple was gutted completely... it's not a dungeon.. it's a room with annexes now.

Simply put, if there's nothing that paces players... or creates something to work towards over the course of a period of time... then what else is there to do in an MMO?
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
...I wish to Lord Above that my job involved killing 20 ogres and looting their corpses every day.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Are you trying to say I'll get paid $100,000 for each daily I do in MoP?I'm not showing up to work tomorrow.

(sarcasm) Love the way people read in what they want. (end sarcasm)

Why can't people debate / submit ideas without being so selfish & unhelpful?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/21/2011 04:00 PMPosted by Bashiok

So, the dailies themselves are going to be just as good/bad, but we'll get shinier loot?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/21/2011 04:06 PMPosted by Ayrthrina
Are you trying to say I'll get paid $100,000 for each daily I do in MoP?I'm not showing up to work tomorrow.

(sarcasm) Love the way people read in what they want. (end sarcasm)

Why can't people debate / submit ideas without being so selfish & unhelpful?
It... was a joke response. O.O /headscratch
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Posted by Practical
And furthermore, what would be a better design for this type of structure?

Infinite content.

It's easy to design a better system than dailies, pump out infinite amounts of content, it's just not feasible to pull off. Some people want to spend more time in the game than others, maybe even every day, and we want to make sure they have something to do. While we'd love for that to be fresh and unique content every time, it's simply not feasible. Thus, dailies. Give people something to do each time they log in (if they choose to do so every day).

Not to toot the Mists of Pandaria horn too hard, but I think our general zone design, daily, and scenario approach is pretty solid. Part of what makes dailies a bit tedious, aside from being tedious, is the rewards are desired but may not always quite fit the time investment. I see quite a bit of that being solved and making sure if you're logging in to do some dailies or scenarios, you feel like you made a good chunk of progress toward advancing your character.

Whoa. First time I've seen a blue quote a green. I'm trippin' out, man
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/21/2011 04:03 PMPosted by Waraila
Problem is... what would blizz be able to make that would satisfy players?

Add some more quests and novelty items. I made a post that has now vanished where I was talking about there only being about 5 cooking quests for each main city. It has been that way for over a year now. TB and MF seem tedious now only because they have been done repeatedly, over and over, for months.

What we are coming back to, what most problems with this expansion keep coming back to, is that there hasn't been nearly enough content released in this expansion. There is a deficit in every part of the game.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/21/2011 04:06 PMPosted by Karat
So, the dailies themselves are going to be just as good/bad, but we'll get shinier loot?

I think what he's saying is that loot will be the same, you'll just different ways of getting it so that doing dailies isn't as monotonous as it is now. So instead of just dailies, you can do dailies and different scenarios.

Speaking of scenarios, does anyone know if there will be low-level scenarios for leveling up?
Edited by Practical on 12/21/2011 4:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/21/2011 04:10 PMPosted by Practical
I think what he's saying is that loot will be the same, you'll just different ways of getting it so that doing dailies isn't as monotonous as it is now.

If he was trying to say that, why'd he leave the process the same, and improve the reward in his statement? Just a bad/backwards analogy?
Edited by Karat on 12/21/2011 4:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/21/2011 04:10 PMPosted by Berelythia
Add some more quests and novelty items

and once you do the quests... what then? There is only a finite amount of quests they can really put in at any given time.... there's already a lot of daily quests in the game as well to work towards getting x item for example... and plenty of loremaster quests to complete now.

What methods to get these novelty items would you see in the game? I mean if they were just there for gold etc.. people would probably have them bought within the first day....

12/21/2011 04:10 PMPosted by Berelythia
What we are coming back to, what most problems with this expansion keep coming back to, is that there hasn't been nearly enough content released in this expansion. There is a deficit in every part of the game.

Actually there is plenty of endgame content.. however the problem is we can burn through it so rapidly now. Back in BC there was always something there to work towards... but the rep grinds / collection quests / dailies etc took a lot longer to yeild rewards..... so you had the illusion of a LOT of things to do.

With the way it's set up currently you just burn through a lot of things very fast because the general consensus is people don't want to grind. Yet without this grind there is nothing left... once you complete the content it's done...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I think that I understand the reason for dailies as you've described them. I said that first to make attempts at not being interpreted as a negative nancy by everyone reading the topic. I'm another person who doesn't enjoy them one bit (two days into the FL and the new Darkmoon Faire dailies, and I didn't feel like I was getting anywhere, and quit).

I agree that dailies feel very much like a job in that I'm penalized when I can't or don't log in for a day or two. I can't make up those days. It tacks on two more, and more each time that I miss a day. I don't "make money" if I don't show up to WoW, and without "money" I can't earn those rewards. Woe is me. *insert wailing* In Burning Crusade, there were still rep grinds and rep quests, but many of those were repeatable (pseudo-infinite turn-ins a day based on time invested in questing and grinding). I spent just a few free weekends that I had grinding up Cenarion rep out in Zangarmarsh after lvl 85. I didn't have to wait one, two, or even three months to get what I wanted (patterns and the mount), but be damned if it wasn't hard work. The daily system ties me down in a way that repeatable quests and mob-kill-rep-gain never did, and it's an investment of time that I'm not willing to accommodate. This is because, with my schedule and waning interests, I don't want to log in every day to do the same thing that I did yesterday. I'm not always fired up to go spend a half hour to gain something that could still be many months away.

The artificial barrier created to the rewards is the problem for me specifically. I wouldn't mind one bit if dailies offered additional gold, or rep, or dungeon points, or honor. I do mind that when I get all hot and bothered by a mount, or pet, or piece of gear that comes from rep, that I'm expected to sit down, do my thirty minute investment, and then wait again for tomorrow. By tomorrow, it may be too late, and the fire is gone, and I have no reward. Grinding to Exalted is no less "difficult", and probably "easier" via dailies than by way of a grueling repeatable quest and mob-kill-rep grind. It is, however, more obnoxious and more time consuming. I can't do it at my own pace. I lose interest. I don't reach the rewards. I want to be able to kill myself grinding. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but when I want that reward, I want it. I don't want to show up for a half hour every day for a month (or more, because of missed days). Like building a house, if I get a day off of work, then I'll put up three or four walls. On days that I work, I might just throw a few nails in. At least I myself control the rate at which I accomplish goals. Blizzard controlling that rate, and effectively blocking me, is why I can't stand to do dailies (coupled with them being the same thing day after day).

Scenarios might be a great alternative to dailies, depending on how you go about setting them up and synchronizing them with the different faction grinds. I just want back a repeatable, non-limited, non-gated means of working towards my goal. I felt this way about WotLK jewelcrafting dailies for patterns, the Argent Tournament, and now about most of Cata non-raid, non-pvp end content. Those who work hard in a day can drastically outpace the dailies. Those who don't can go at their own pace. Definitely don't make it a weak alternative like 1 more Mark of the World Tree per hour of play, or something hideous like that. Make it a fair alternative based on work/time spent doing it, equal to the rate of gain of dailies if dailies were repeatable. Er... Just make dailies repeatable. Cut the reward to 1 Mark. *shrugs* Keep the "work for it" mentality, and lose the artificial gating.

This may bring up the problem of people who claim that they have nothing to do, but you have so many things to go after in the world, now, that that's either not true, or those people have actually accomplished every goal that they had in WoW when they acquired that one special mount or pet from that one faction that they ground out.

TL/DR: I don't care for dailies because I can't put a good hard day or work into them; I can't move at my own pace, which differs based on the day and my interest level. I can't make huge steps towards my goals (mounts, enchants, special items, and pets, etc.), even if I had the hours of time to pour into it on one day, and no time or interest on the other six days of the week. Let me go kill four thousand ogres for rep, or marks, or whatever you'd like, over the course of nine or ten hours. That's "hard work", as opposed to the gated nature of dailies, which just artificially bar you, no matter how fired up you get for the challenge of a good grind towards your goal.

Let's bring back repeatable quests and mob-kill-rep-gain so that I don't have to log in every day for a half hour to finish off the same dailies that I did yesterday.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I stopped doing dailes once I got this guy exalted in the guild. I found that trying to do 25 dailies was just taking up way too much time and after that I had no time to actually play the game. So now on I refuse to do them. Well, I will do the FL ones just to unlock the first vendor but that's it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
With the way it's set up currently you just burn through a lot of things very fast because the general consensus is people don't want to grind. Yet without this grind there is nothing left... once you complete the content it's done...

Which goes along with what Blizzard labeled as one of the leading reasons for the lost of subscriptions was due to content being consumed too fast. With the current direction Cata has been going, it continues to head towards a faster and faster consumption rate model.
Edited by Noctemtenchi on 12/21/2011 4:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage

I love what I've heard of the MoP "play the way YOU want to play" philosophy. Hopefully that will extend to regular bgs being a viable way to level a character, like in a certain other MMO that was just released. I've got six 85s on multiple accounts, and I really don't think I can get up for doing the "go kill 10 mobs" thing again on more than a couple of them. Ditto for leveling a panda from 1-90.

Making level 85s prove once again that they can go kill 10 mobs is like making college students prove every year and a half or so that they can still do finger painting. It just doesn't make sense.
Edited by Aewinn on 12/21/2011 4:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'll help you.

It isn't optional, and is a revenue stream.

People who do it, aren't doing it for fun and holly jolly glee. They are doing it because it is a means to an end. They either need the gold, or they need the reputation, or they need guild reputation, or they need the tokens... all so that they can move on and do the fun stuff.

This is exactly correct. as a fix, more money could be dropped in dungeouns, what would it really hurt for a boss to drop say..5,000 gold? Then i could go spend my time pvping instead of heading to tol barad AGAIN just to make sure that i'll still have the money to do the basics like....repair my armor. Note as well that we used to get monitary rewards from pvp....now we don't for some inexplicable reason.
All trade items could also be drops and have been in the past...there is no need for the ridiculous "single daily" format presented for Jewel Crafting. The same could be said for any of the other "just because" grinds for max level trades.

The biggest problem here is that our "job", which by the way is HERO, simply doesn't pay much....sure the 1pct of Azeroth leaders like to give us fancy armor...but then what? How am i supposed to feed my little elven children? The leaders of Stormwind have destroyed the middle class! ......isn't there a park around here we can protest in?.....
Edited by Gladewolf on 12/21/2011 4:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/21/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Noctemtenchi
Which goes along with what Blizzard labeled as one of the leading reasons for the lost of subscriptions was due to content being consumed too fast. With the current direction Cata has been going, it continues to head towards a faster and faster consumption rate model.

Exactly... that was the point i was making...

/shrug.

Dunno what they can do about it now though, they've allowed the general population to win with the complaints of 'it takes too long' and 'it's too hard' to go back to those models...

People are too used to getting everything asap now... so I have no idea what they can realistically do to solve that... and to be honest I don't see challenge mode for dungeons or the senarios helping with this for mists.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]