Transmogrifying BoA gear

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Warrior
I had some of my Bind on Account gear transmogrified, and I mailed it successfully without it wearing off through the mail. I had done this for 2 of my characters. Well, I am in game playing, and I get disconnected, and I log on one of my characters with some Bind on Account gear that had been "transmogged", and the transmogrification had disappeared from my gear. I was beginning to wonder exactly what happened, but I chose to ignore it. Then, again as I am playing, I get disconnected again, I didn't think anything of it until I log back on, get on another character with Bind on Account gear that had been transmogrified, and that had disappeared too! I don't know exactly what happened, but it shouldn't matter if Bind on Account gear is transmogrified. What difference is it going to make with the gear besides it looks a little bit different? ....
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
Transmogrification was supposed to be stripped from any gear that was mailed. When 4.3 dropped, there was a bug where by some pieces did not have it stripped.

That bug has been corrected, and, it would appear, the pieces are being retroactively stripped of modifications they should have not been able to carry.
"Shhh. My common sense is tingling." -- Wade Wilson
Edited by Pahanda on 12/21/2011 3:29 PM PST
85 Human Warrior
The fact that the transmogrification stayed on the gear was a bug. They fixed said bug. Hence it being removed.
90 Orc Shaman
QQ i love transmog on BoAs
85 Human Hunter
12/21/2011 03:26 PMPosted by Crûsh
I had some of my Bind on Account gear transmogrified, and I mailed it successfully without it wearing off through the mail. I had done this for 2 of my characters. Well, I am in game playing, and I get disconnected, and I log on one of my characters with some Bind on Account gear that had been "transmogged", and the transmogrification had disappeared from my gear. I was beginning to wonder exactly what happened, but I chose to ignore it. Then, again as I am playing, I get disconnected again, I didn't think anything of it until I log back on, get on another character with Bind on Account gear that had been transmogrified, and that had disappeared too! I don't know exactly what happened, but it shouldn't matter if Bind on Account gear is transmogrified. What difference is it going to make with the gear besides it looks a little bit different? ....

You can successfully transmog BoA gear. It just needs to follow the transmog rules. The character who will USE the BoAs must own both the BoAs and the model used to transmog. The gear must be soulbound and equipable by that character.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3196342583

• The character must be able to equip both items.
• Using an item for transmogrify makes it soulbound.
• Using an item for transmogrify makes it non-refundable.
• Using an item for transmogrify makes it non-tradable.
• Heirlooms and Account Bound items can be transmogrified.
• Heirlooms and Account Bound items can be used to transmogrify.
• Mailing an item strips its transmogrification.
Edited by Maggië on 12/23/2011 8:26 AM PST
85 Worgen Warrior
I do not see the big stink and why BOA gear is not allowed to be Transmogrified and mailed. After all the player who gets the BOA gear worked for it, same goes for the gear acquired to skin the BOA gear. Said gear does not retain the properties of the gear being copied, just the appearance.
61 Worgen Priest
12/30/2011 09:25 PMPosted by Grundge
I do not see the big stink and why BOA gear is not allowed to be Transmogrified and mailed. After all the player who gets the BOA gear worked for it, same goes for the gear acquired to skin the BOA gear. Said gear does not retain the properties of the gear being copied, just the appearance.

It is not about the player but the actual character. It is because you are able to give BoA gear the appearance of gear that is levels way beyond the level of the character being played. It was never intended for transmorg to be able to have level 20's running around with level 70 or 80 looking gear. It should be gear that the character is able to obtain. That is why mailing an item is suppose to remove the transmorg.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So I've been trying to transmog the BOA head/cloak on low characters, and it jumps the price up to 300g. Why does it do that? I don't want to spend all these levels looking at the same piece of gear, and I don't want to spend 300g to make it look like a level 40 piece....
36 Blood Elf Hunter
03/26/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Lucilius
So I've been trying to transmog the BOA head/cloak on low characters, and it jumps the price up to 300g. Why does it do that? I don't want to spend all these levels looking at the same piece of gear, and I don't want to spend 300g to make it look like a level 40 piece....

Because it goes by the vendor value of the item, and those are quite expensive.
90 Troll Rogue
I want me money back since it got removed by email.
100 Blood Elf Priest
04/05/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Drrocksô
I want me money back since it got removed by email.
You were warned ahead of time that mailing would remove the transmog so no, you will not be getting your gold back.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]