Warrior vs Death Knight vs Paladin

60 Goblin Mage
Hey guys, i've been debating between these 3 plate classes for my new main and cant decide even after playing all 3 for a while now, things im looking for:

1: fun, simple, fast paced melee DPS and competitive in raids and dungeons
2: fun, competitive Tank spec for both raids and dungeons
3: being able to solo old content for mount and item farming
4: fun, simple, competitive PVP for random BGs and Rated BGs
Reply Quote
91 Human Death Knight
Black powder ball and musket Vs ak47 vs m16
Guess which ones the warrior
Reply Quote
60 Goblin Mage
can someone who played these classes at endgame pve and pvp give their opinion?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Pick Pally because FABULOUS!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Well Pallys can heal themselves even if the Healr dies which is a Plus.

But I went for DK because.. Ghouls! You got to have Ghouls!
Its like a personal army. Its fun :)

If only I could summon Skeletons too!!
Oh yes and the Blood Worms which makes 2 Blood Worms, 9 Ghouls, A flying Knife and a Gargolye.
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Death Knight
DK is a lot faster, with more procs and flashing lights in your face.

Warrior is a little slower with 1.5sec gcds, and arms is good fun.

Ret is just frustrating to play. So so frustrating.
Reply Quote
60 Goblin Mage
after playing bunch of BGs and some dungeons i like my DK much more so i went with him, now question is how are DKs as Tanking in 5 mans and normal raids? i hope i made the right choice since this is gonna be the class that i wanna pretty much do everything on and invest a lot of time on....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Playing a Retribution Paladin without the 2p t13 bonus is frustrating: it feels slow, hugely dependent on RNG to actually have buttons to press, and if you ever step foot into PvP you are incredibly dependent on teammates to do anything. The RNG is a bit mitigated by fairly high proc rates, and if your teammates can actually secure you uptime you can rip the unwary to shreds, but overall it's not all that much fun.

The moment you get the 2p t13, the rotation instantly improves into something that feels smooth and clean. The extra Holy Power significantly increases the number of finishers you'll have available in both PvE and PvP, cleaning up the PvE rotation and ensuring you aren't shut down so hard when kept at range in PvP.

It is impossible to understate the quality of life increase from this set bonus. If you don't have a guild that can help earn it, I wouldn't even consider making Ret a serious choice.

Regarding DK tanking: DKs make jokes out of five mans. Death Strike's mechanics make it slightly weak on steady high-damage raid bosses, but this tier the burst tends to be a much bigger deal than the steady damage, so this is minimized. Against pre-raid content, Death Knights do the same kind of insanity that a block-set Paladin used to be capable of in Molten Core: you simply won't need a healer most of the time, because Death Strike will provide more healing than most bosses are capable of outputting.

Since it's usually something a raiding tank has to bear in mind, DK DPS is doing fine in raids. You don't have to worry about being sat for another player on one tank fights.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
*Agrees with generic correct answer of "play what you wanna play because things will change"*
They can all compete in all areas just like any other class - played with skill.

To add my 2 cent worth the first thought i had was to advise you that DKs in a BG are a ridiculous amount of fun (although amusingly warriors and ret burst becomes a bit of a pain sometimes). but i still prefer DKs to warrior BGs - a good mage will kill you and theres not a damn thing you can do about it imho. That is unless you have a pocket pally healer with you of course. In which case go forth and conquer all Warrior.

Hope that helps :]
Reply Quote
93 Human Warrior
warriors are really weak right now and im seriously getting a little frustrated at how hard i have to work just to keep up.warriors havnt been much fun at all the last year or so.fury is still the coolest looking plate class TG!
Edited by Subspecies on 12/22/2011 4:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I play a Ret Pally (Obviously) and i have found that we are overpowered in PvP... the same however, is not the same if you in PvE, we are underpowered, sure, the buffs are nice, the tanking is great (apart from the mana part, meaning if you run out, everyone dies) and the self heals in the case that the healers go oom is nice, but not needed. Personally as a Ret Pally of 6 years, dont role one, there a great fun class, but at end game, not so fun, after a certain point.

Role a DK (Completely Over-Powered in both PvE and PvP) and go frost , or Warrior (which i'm not the best to have an opinion on)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
02/19/2012 12:04 AMPosted by Parnasas
I play a Ret Pally (Obviously) and i have found that we are overpowered in PvP

I can see your vast high rated ret PvP experience has really shed new light on this subject. Based on my pvp experience on this toon, fury warriors are overpowered in PvP. See how ridiculous that looks?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
12/21/2011 03:48 PMPosted by Subzêro
1: fun, simple, fast paced melee DPS and competitive in raids and dungeons

None of the plate classes are particularly complicated. They're all different variations on "build resources, dump resources, use procs." In terms of speed, though, you'll want to play a Death Knight. They have less ramp-up than either warriors or paladins, and a one-second GCD makes them feel incredibly active.

2: fun, competitive Tank spec for both raids and dungeons

All the tanks are competitive. Warriors have some issues on a few heroic fights, specifically Madness and Yor'sahj, and will need external cooldowns or a second tank to survive. Death Knights have the most class abilities that allow for a "get out of fight mechanics free" card, but you run the risk of dying in one shot on Hagara and Warlord due to not having block, and you're at a disadvantage on Spine.

3: being able to solo old content for mount and item farming

Death Knights are the undisputed kings of farming old content. Paladins can do it, also, but nowhere near as well.

4: fun, simple, competitive PVP for random BGs and Rated BGs

This is somewhat subjective. Paladins bring useful utility and are probably the toughest of the plate DPS classes to kill. Warriors aren't as crunchy, but have far better mobility and good control. Death Knights hit like a freight train and are the only class of the three that can reliably solo a healer, but have very weak defenses and mobility and no control to speak of.

Do you like being tough, with decent damage, and excellent team support? Play a Paladin.
Do like being strong, with good control, and excellent mobility? Play a Warrior.
Do you like being lethal, with nearly unstoppable damage? Play a Death Knight.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]