DIABLO® III BETA-KEY TWITTER SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. Eligibility. BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT, INC., A DELAWARE CORPORATION (referred to herein as "SPONSOR") IS THE SPONSOR OF THIS CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, CANADA, MEXICO, CHILE, COSTA RICA, ARGENTINA, PANAMA, VENEZUELA, PERU FRANCE, BELGIUM, UNITED KINGDOM, LUXEMBOURG, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWEDEN, FINLAND, DENMARK, NORWAY, SPAIN, ITALY, TAIWAN AND SOUTH KOREA WHICH ARE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE. If you are under the legal age of majority in your country of residence, but are (i) over the age of 13 years of age and a resident of the United States of America, or a member country of the European Union other than Spain, or the United Kingdom; (ii) who is least 14 years of age and a resident of Spain or the United Kingdom; or (iii) who is at least 15 years of age and is a resident of the Republic of Korea; and one of your parents or legal guardians must submit a signed, written statement that they have read, understood and agree to these Contest rules to be eligible to win a prize, and that such agreement constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules on behalf of you and themselves. If you reside in the Province of Quebec in Canada, you are not eligible to participate in this Contest. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, its parent, and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. There is no cost to enter or win. Entries limited to one entry per Battle.net Account per week during the Sweepstakes. Offer void where prohibited. In the event of any dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the e-mail address associated with the entry.
2. Contest Period. The Contest shall commence at 12:01 AM Pacific Daylight Savings Time on December 20, 2011 (the “Start Date”), and shall continue in duration until 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Savings Time, January 23, 2012 (the "Deadline"). All entries must be received by the Deadline and in accordance with these official rules to be eligible to win a prize.
3. Entry into the Contest. To enter the Contest, You must: (i) Meet the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 1 above; (ii) have an active Battle.net(R) account; (iii) be a registered user of Twitter®; (iv) during the Contest period set forth in Section 2 above, become a follower of BlizzardCS® by visiting http://twitter.com/BlizzardCS and clicking “Follow;” and (v) use the hashtag #DiabloBeta and @BlizzardCS in a Tweet, and send an email of the tweet to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have not registered a Battle.net account, visit http://www.battle.net to register for a Battle.net account at no cost to you; and if you are not a registered user of Twitter®, simply visit http://twitter.com/signup to register at no cost to you.
4. Contest Rules and Prize. Each Tuesday during the Contest Period, Sponsor shall randomly draw One Hundred qualified entrants who will receive one (1) Diablo III Beta Test Key. All Contest winners will be notified via Twitter.com’s “direct message” system with instructions for claiming their respective prizes. Prizes that remain unclaimed thirty (30) days after notification will be forfeited.
5. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entrants for the applicable drawing. Non-winning eligible entrants will be included in subsequent drawings for prizes in the same Sweepstakes. ALL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE AS WELL AS ANY COSTS AND EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH ACCEPTANCE AND USE OF A PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. Prizes not claimed within the time period specified by Sponsor will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate winner for the drawing at issue. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. Sponsor Use of Entries. You hereby agree that in consideration of your being allowed the chance to enter the Contest, you hereby grant Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide license and right to utilize the entry materials that you submit to Sponsor in connection with the Contest (collectively, "Entry Materials"). The Entry Materials will not be returned to any entrant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge that Sponsor shall have the right to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display on all forms of media, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit the Entry Materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights as set forth above in this paragraph 4.
7. Original Work of Authorship. You hereby warrant and represent that (a) you own all rights to all Entry Materials submitted by you; and (b) all such Entry Materials are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
8. Collection of Information. The Entry Materials requires you to enter your name, e-mail address, and state of residence. By entering the Contest, you consent to Sponsor's use of this information to inform you of open positions with Blizzard, and to associate your name with your submission in promotional materials for the Contest in the event that you are chosen to be a winner. As stated above, the contest is not open to anyone under the age of majority in your country of citizenship. In the event that Sponsor becomes aware that you are under the age of majority in your country of citizenship Sponsor will delete, erase or destroy any and all personally identifiable information that is obtained from the Entry Materials. In the event that you are a citizen of France and/or any of the other countries whose citizens are eligible for this Contest, and pursuant to French law pertaining to data collection and processing, you are informed that the data collector is Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., and the data collected will be transferred to the United States of America. Upon request, you will be provided with access to your personal data. You also have a right of opposition to the data collection, under certain circumstances. To exercise such right, you may write to “Diablo III Beta-Key Twitter Sweepstakes – Personal Data,” c/o Blizzard Entertainment, P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92612. You may also withdraw your personal data upon request, however you will be disqualified as a entrant in the Contest if you withdraw your personal data prior to the determination and fulfillment of the prizes listed in Section 6 herein.
9. General Release. By entering the Contest, you release Sponsor, participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
10. Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after January 31, 2012 and before June 30, 2012 to Sponsor at the following address: “Diablo III Beta-Key Twitter Sweepstakes -Winners List,” c/o Blizzard Entertainment, P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92612. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the following address: Diablo III Beta-Key Twitter Sweepstakes - Rules Request,” c/o Blizzard Entertainment, P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92612. Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage.
11. Copyright Notice. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved.
12. Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of your country of residence. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please e-mail them to BlizzardContest@blizzard.com or send written questions to Blizzard Entertainment, “Diablo III Beta-Key Twitter Sweepstakes,” c/o Blizzard Entertainment, P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92612.
13. Contest Sponsor. The sponsor of the Contest is Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.