Cairne back in BC

85 Human Mage
I don't know if any of you still troll these forums, but looking for some of the people I used to play with way back when.

My toon was Icywrath.
I was in Disorderly Conduct with Ruckus as GM.
I was GM of Aftermath and Mike Vicks Dog Pit (That got squashed rather quickly)
Saw Kue get the mount
Saw Kue xfer like the very next day
Watched Reckless and Onslaught self destruct.
Watched just about any guild that went sort of deep in BC raiding self destruct.
There were so many good people on that realm, but after years and years character names and RL names are escaping me.
People I am looking for: Ruckus, Shockz, Phearme and a few more

Anyways, share what you remember of those days and maybe we can all find some old friends.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I've never been raider so can't speak much for the raider community but do remember a few. Kirri was born 3 hours after Cairne went live, 27 Feb 08. It was a blast to be a part of a server rising out of nothing. I remember Capital (Orc) was the first to 70. TenAngryCats was first on Alliance. I do remember Phearme posting quite a bit here. The whole thing with Kue was a shock wave through the raiding guilds when he duped so many into giving him so much time and effort then he bailed. So many guilds blew up over constantly wiping on content and trying to recruit enough hardcore raiders to progress on a server that was essentially a leper colony of casuals. Lady Vashj was a breaker for a few as I recall from all the inter guild sniping that went back and forth. Many raiders transferred off server over recruiting and poaching issues trying to keep a solid raiding guild running. People who rerolled here with new toons (no transfers for first 6 months) generally had no commitments on old servers, i.e. serious raiding guild schedules, were trolls who'd burned their bridges, or just didn't care. Not a target rich recruiting pool for raiders. One I remember for being pretty much a grumpy elitist was McNurthick of Raided R. It's funny to think it's almost been 4 years now.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I was around at the end of BC and got to see guilds like Onslaught and Moogle Mafia self destruct. I was Alliance back then and had a Balance Druid. I remember the headache over Kue duping so many people. Been in a lot of guilds, seen a lot of different things and a lot of different dramas. I like the Horde on Cairne, but our hour was at the end of BC. By the middle of Wrath, we were non existant.

It's sad but oh well :( Being someone who is unable to raid or run dungeons at the same time as everyone else (I'm 6 hrs ahead of server time), I've always been into my PvP or Loremaster stuff as it's something I can do by myself. So there's really not much point of a server transfer :(
Edited by Synysta on 1/25/2012 9:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
i came to Cairne in the very beginning of Wrath xpac, got cross server invite to the guild called Animus, if anybody remembers <3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
I started playing in Wrath, and got into a guild called <Ascension> relatively quickly. We were pretty solid, as far as I remember, but we always kind of looked at guilds like Tempest and Onslaught. Saw Horde side fall apart, start my own guild <Requiem>, and saw Alliance side fall apart.

Been here for a little over 3 years now, seen quite a bit.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Started playing in like April '08 here. I remember the Tarren mill / Southshore (Auberdine / Crossroads) raids way back when and and how Melina would always seem to show up and kill us alliance... fun times.

I have seen a bit, tried to play horde a few times, but guilds I ended up in were usually dead, so just stick to the alliance side. Still playing with at least one person I met when I was a little level 30 shammy.

Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Bump
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
<---Was here since the first few hours of Cairne's opening. Had my name reported...was originally Drfeelbad. Took the free transfer to Mok'Nathal when my guild did, then came back...

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/76643288

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/77366702

I recall Capital and Matik racing to level 70. I even recall some minor drama as some psycho in our guild was "stalking" Capital and his "girlfriend" constantly sending them tells and calling him names... the stalker got demoted in guild and got a 3 day ban from a GM iirc.
Edited by Docfeelbad on 4/22/2012 10:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I was here about 2 weeks after the server came up. Thought I would never stop hearing people talking about Cold Blooded...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Shockz transferred years ago.

Icywrath is terrible.
Reply Quote
was phearme a sort of chubby dude with a neckbeard?
Reply Quote
2 Undead Mage
Whats up!?!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
hazy makes me wet
Reply Quote
OK, ok, what about CAIRNE BACK IN WOTLK? Here's some great stuff that happened:

- Huge swaths of the raiding community quitting/transferring
- Thaltor trolling trade chat
- Cybering with beatitudes atop the violet hold
- Ulduar

What am I missing?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
>.>
Edited by Beatitudes on 6/3/2012 12:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
OK, ok, what about CAIRNE BACK IN WOTLK? Here's some great stuff that happened:

- Huge swaths of the raiding community quitting/transferring
- Thaltor trolling trade chat
- Cybering with beatitudes atop the violet hold
- Ulduar

What am I missing?

It needs more cowbell.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Started playing in like April '08 here. I remember the Tarren mill / Southshore (Auberdine / Crossroads) raids way back when and and how Melina would always seem to show up and kill us alliance... fun times.

I have seen a bit, tried to play horde a few times, but guilds I ended up in were usually dead, so just stick to the alliance side. Still playing with at least one person I met when I was a little level 30 shammy.

Hola Amigo!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]