difference between LFR & regular raid heals?

So I have never previously been a raider. nor even in a guild that raids.
so my first experience 'raid healing' has been Dragon Soul LFR.

Is healing dragon soul on regular verus LFR different in strategy or only in throughput and gear strength? How would you describe the differences?

=======[what I have been doin in LFR]=======
Maybe i don't know how to play a druid optimally, but I have found that the most fluid form of healing for me is to generally focus on stabilizing the main tank with lifebloom/nourish, Rejuv, and Swiftmend/efflorescence. For trully ohs**t moments, usually a paladin or holy priest is ready to use a saving throw, but i typically account for ~50% of the maintank's healing recieved throughout the fight.

I will toss out WG more less on cooldown since mana is not a problem, but i generally don't worry too much about the non-tanks, relying on cast-time healers to spot heal, every so often i toss out a Rejuv, especially on mobile phases like Hagara, and Tranq when tranq is called for; but otherwise i feel like my rejuvenations would usually get sniped before they did much good.

Is the above strategy appropriate for a druid?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My experience with LFR vs. 10-normals is that they're two different animals. How you change your style is going to depend on what raid size you're running (10s vs. 25s), and who else is on your healing team, as well as the differences in each encounter.

LFR is very forgiving. I notice a lot of people don't use Heroic Will on Ultraxion, and you can do that in LFR. On 10-normal, that's going to be instant death to 80%-90% of the people in a 10-man raid (depending on how many tanks you're using). I can just about ignore Searing Plasma in LFR, but I make a conscious effort to purge it in regular mode.

In LFR, I do a lot of what you do. There are 5 other healers there, most of whom are raid-geared. Some, or maybe all of them, are trying to one-up everyone else on the meters so they're going all-out and taking all of the crystals on Ultraxion. In a regular run, healing is a team effort.

In 10-mans, I'm usually on raid heals. Roll LB on the tank, use clearcasting to hit a low-health target with HT/regrowth, or refresh LB. I'm also more judicious with WG and swiftmend. If everyone's nearly full now, and I know there's spiky damage coming (like the big purple swirly on the gunship), I'll sit on those two spells until the damage hits. Rejuve (and clearcasting+regrowth) is my spot heal.

In short, LFR is a lot more forgiving and more competitive between healers. Regular 10-mans are less forgiving and I tend to give a lot more thought to what I'm casting at any given time.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
All of dragon soul 10m healing is 2 man'd.

Thus...between you and your fellow healer, you need to handle all the damage coming out. It really depends on the relationship you have with your guild and getting to know each other's healing styles.

I can't just tell you how to heal in that scenario. Its different for every guild. Contrast that with LFR, where it really doesn't matter who you heal and what you heal. Try it, just try not doing anything for a fight. Guarantee that you will still pull through.

Raid damage is severe in DS, esp 2 healing. You will be strained in Ultraxion and Blackhorn, and possibly so in terms of spiky tank damage in Zonozz and depending on ooze comp in Yorsaj.

Spine gets a bit tougher, but more in handling the debuff than actual healing required. Madness is pretty brutal and you and the other healer will generally alternate OOMing to keep the raid alive.

I only know enough about druids to know that I heal really well together with my druid buddy, so good luck!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
All of dragon soul 10m healing is 2 man'd.

Thus...between you and your fellow healer, you need to handle all the damage coming out. It really depends on the relationship you have with your guild and getting to know each other's healing styles.

I can't just tell you how to heal in that scenario. Its different for every guild. Contrast that with LFR, where it really doesn't matter who you heal and what you heal. Try it, just try not doing anything for a fight. Guarantee that you will still pull through.

Raid damage is severe in DS, esp 2 healing. You will be strained in Ultraxion and Blackhorn, and possibly so in terms of spiky tank damage in Zonozz and depending on ooze comp in Yorsaj.

Spine gets a bit tougher, but more in handling the debuff than actual healing required. Madness is pretty brutal and you and the other healer will generally alternate OOMing to keep the raid alive.

I only know enough about druids to know that I heal really well together with my druid buddy, so good luck!

So far zonz has been the hardest fight for me to 2 heal. When we did the ship fight i kept getting agroo off the mobs. Spine im not even going to attempt 2 healing those stacks are har to get off.
Edited by Niyomik on 12/22/2011 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
LFR<10 man normal<25 man normal<10 man Heroic<25 man heroic.

even though 10 man and 25 man give the same quality of loot, that is the progression of difficulty in current (and previous if we want to be honest) raid content.

LFR mechanics are designed to be done with people that basically have no clue what they're doing, you can just push whatever healing button you feel like on basically any raid member and you'll stumble through it.

heroic 5 mans are harder to heal than LFR.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]